More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:09:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Image hosting recommendations
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Image hosting recommendations  (Read 3789 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Image hosting recommendations
« on: 2009 April 05, 20:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Photobucket Pro subscription is about to run out and I discovered that they've hiked the price up from $25 to $40 for the year. This combined with the less than favourable sterling to dollar exchange rate makes it a big no thank you. I'm looking for alternatives that are reliable and have no advertising - hence the willingness to pay for the service. I mainly use this for Sims images so I'm not bothered about being able to post smut therefore no pr0n limitations are fine.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Image hosting recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 05, 21:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Photobucket and Flickr, but the free version of both.  Not sure how the pay version of Flickr compares to the pay version of Photobucket, but it may be worth looking into.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 06, 01:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you get for paying at P-bucket that you don't get free?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 06, 01:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Photobucket Pro subscription is about to run out and I discovered that they've hiked the price up from $25 to $40 for the year. This combined with the less than favourable sterling to dollar exchange rate makes it a big no thank you. I'm looking for alternatives that are reliable and have no advertising - hence the willingness to pay for the service. I mainly use this for Sims images so I'm not bothered about being able to post smut therefore no pr0n limitations are fine.
MATYbukkit. You qualify for a MATYbukkit. You already bought your bukkit, so why not use it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 06, 01:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much space do you actually need?  There are lots of sites for just hosting generic files that give you a few gigs for free, and if you want more all you have to do is create a bunch of sock accounts.  There's nothing special about "image hosting" except that (in my experience) the sites are incredibly slow.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 06, 01:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Image Hosting is a specific kind of "hosting" where the files can be linked directly without rigamarole. Most file-hosting sites wrap the files in tons of rigamarole, so you cannot simply yank them by straight and direct HTTP downloading.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 06, 10:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used hotlinkfiles.com a fair bit. It has the advantage of zero rigmarole regarding linkage and (obviously) zero T&C concerning hotlinkage.

On the negative side ... it has on occasions proved to be very slow and clunky for uploading and once or twice it refused to agree I even existed.

But back to the pros, I have had almost no instances of slow loading of hosted images.

There is a monthly bandwidth limit on free accounts, but no limit on paid accounts. I have not needed a paid account and so cannot comment on that.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: