More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 03:42:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  changeLotZoning Community doesn't generate community mailbox?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: changeLotZoning Community doesn't generate community mailbox?  (Read 4582 times)
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
changeLotZoning Community doesn't generate community mailbox?
« on: 2009 April 05, 15:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built a restaurant/club on one of the foundations shared over in the challenge forum, and am unable to get the community phone to replace the residential mailbox. The game is recognizing the lot as a community lot. Is it safe to delete the residential mailbox? Is this normal game behavior?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: changeLotZoning Community doesn't generate community mailbox?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 05, 15:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, the mailbox should disappear on its own, but maybe I don't remember too well.
Anyway yes; you buy the community phone and trashcan in the catalogue.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 05, 16:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you - I guess its been too long since I've done anything other than residential to apartment conversions.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 05, 18:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you change the zoning to Comm, the residential mailbox will still be showing. Save the lot and exit to the hood. Then re-enter the lot. The Comm mailbox and trashcan should be showing when you enter the lot the second time. I save again just to be on the safe side, but the 2nd save may not even be necessary.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 05, 23:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you change the zoning to Comm, the residential mailbox will still be showing. Save the lot and exit to the hood. Then re-enter the lot. The Comm mailbox and trashcan should be showing when you enter the lot the second time. I save again just to be on the safe side, but the 2nd save may not even be necessary.

See, that just isn't happening in my game, with or without downloads/hacks. Problem was sort-of solved by deleting mailbox and purchasing comm phone/trashcan.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 06, 01:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attempting Res-to-comm conversion can be tricky, since some controllers may be missing and you will need hacks now to replace the mailbox structures. Res-to-Apt will work, even if the apartment mailbox is not visible at the time (it will morph when you reload the lot, because the mailboxen are actually the same GUID, just different morphs).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 06, 04:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mailbox = mailbox makes sense!  Shocked

Are res to comm lots safe to share between games/computers, aside from any considerations such as flat edges?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 06, 05:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Converting lots between types does not carry any particularly high risk of exploding anyone's game, although unusual aberrations may occur due to missing controllers or controllers that have locked themselves into states specific to the previous type of lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: