More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:29:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Enabling CC objects for the Quarter Tile Placement Cheat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Enabling CC objects for the Quarter Tile Placement Cheat  (Read 4301 times)
HugeLunatic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Enabling CC objects for the Quarter Tile Placement Cheat
« on: 2009 April 03, 19:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to take a custom object and enable the use of this cheat?  I have a one tile desk that the only way I could enable this was to reclone the desk with M&G ticked in the preferences in the file table.  I then extracted the OBJD and added it to my base+IKEA item, changing the appropriate values to make it base game compatible.  Then the quarter tile placement would work.  I cannot find in the OJBD what is allowing this to work or not work.  I was guessing that it really isn't in a package but in the game coding to reflect all items, since base game items are usable with this cheat.

Was this a glitch in my package because I had removed part of the footprint?  Or because I added a slot?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Enabling CC objects for the Quarter Tile Placement Cheat
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 05, 18:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't help with your package, but are you sure you want to do this?  None of the base game tables+chairs nor desks+chairs are usable if you place them off-grid with the cheat.
HugeLunatic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 05, 21:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I am sure.  Smiley  I have read only *some* objects may not be usable.  I think this cheat is much more useful for the decorator than the player.  But nevertheless, one actually has to enable this when playing so it's not as if it will render the objects unusable.

I've looked at a few other objects and so far it seems the only requirement is to clone when you have M&G installed and not necessarily ticked in the file table.  Yet they still don't require M&G.  I have a tester who has only up to BV and all objects work for her and a user with all up to M&G.  But I would like to know how to enable this without re-cloning them.  While doable, it's still tedious.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 07, 21:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read only *some* objects may not be usable.  I think this cheat is much more useful for the decorator than the player.

Do you mean that some desk+chair or table+chair are usable off-grid?  Or, did you mean that some objects in general such as sofas, beds, end tables are usable off-grid?  I'd dearly love to put some desk+chair combos off the grid, but haven't found any so far that work.

As for your packages, post the one that didn't work and the fixed one.  You are sure that you only replaced the OBJD resource in the fixed one?  I would have guessed quarter tile movement would be governed by a BHAV like height adjustment.
HugeLunatic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 08, 18:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The package has been fixed and updated, I no longer have the one that didn't work.  And yes I am sure it was the OBJD.  I expected it either in OBJD or a BHAV, maybe CRES.  The OBJD has the grid alignment and number of tile requirements in it, and was the easiest to replace without conflicts so I did that first.  That was from an OBJD that was cloned with M&G installed.

Couches and such can be used off grid and diagonal.  Some dining chairs can't be.  I have no idea regarding desks, but I thought that they were *not* usable off grid or diagonal.  Since the slot for the chair seems to disappear on diagonal.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 09, 19:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well, it's all good then.  I think there are some bits for placement flags in OBJD, so maybe the difference was in one of them.  The BHAV for height adjustment sets an AL-specific flag, so perhaps there's an analogous mechanism for quarter tile placement, too.  Post back if you find it. Smiley

I guess I've just had a bad run of luck with dining chairs.  I haven't tried every single one, but all of the ones I use most often don't work off-grid.  My luck has been no better with desks; I was just hoping you might know of some special cases.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 10, 13:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had success using dining chair & table combos on quarter tiles, but I found I have to be exact in placing them where they need to be slotted for the objects to function. I start with placing them snapped to a full tile, and then activating the cheat and carefully moving each object the same distance in quarter tiles. In occupied lots, I check by going to Live mode to make sure the chairs push in to the table and sims can eat a meal.

I wouldn't say that I've tried every chair and table in the catalog, but the ones I've tried have worked (including your slaved dining tables, HugeLunatic Smiley). I haven't experimented as much with desks, but I *think* I have had success with them as well.

I have no idea about diagonals, though... I rarely use the 45-degree cheat except for decorative objects and the occasional living chair.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: