More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 10:09:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis house of Phail: April 09
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis house of Phail: April 09  (Read 92021 times)
Anebrd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: EAxis house of Phail: April 09
« Reply #50 on: 2009 April 29, 12:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you bothered by meddling kids? Are you batshit crazy? Is bathing a crazy fad? Then may I present Crazy Swamp Hermit House :

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 April 29, 14:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see that crazy swamp hermits have gone solar, and have installed greek columns (oh, instead of a bathtub).  Cheesy

I like this idea.

Tribulatio proxima est
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 April 29, 14:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see that crazy swamp hermits have gone solar, and have installed greek columns (oh, instead of a bathtub).  Cheesy

I like this idea.

Just because the swamp hermit is crazy doesn't mean he wants to smell like it (there's a shower, not a bathtub). Cheesy

I also like this lot.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 April 29, 14:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because the swamp hermit is crazy doesn't mean he wants to smell like it (there's a shower, not a bathtub). Cheesy

Really?  I thought he did:
Are you bothered by meddling kids? Are you batshit crazy? Is bathing a crazy fad? Then may I present Crazy Swamp Hermit House

The shower has to go.

Tribulatio proxima est
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 April 29, 14:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  I thought he did:
Are you bothered by meddling kids? Are you batshit crazy? Is bathing a crazy fad? Then may I present Crazy Swamp Hermit House

The shower has to go.

Ah. Good point. However, perhaps we could argue about the definition of "bathing". The mechanics involved in showering are different than when bathing in a tub. No? Damn. Foiled again.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 April 29, 16:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like it's that time again: end of the month; time to discuss next month's lot.

Shall we go back through previous challenges and see whether there are interesting lots which were suggested but that we haven't done yet?
« Last Edit: 2009 April 29, 17:01:06 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 April 29, 21:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ho shit, that means I have to get my act together and finish the garden. Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 April 29, 21:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh no. I missed this one. I haven't even started. Damn RL getting in the way. Can't believe the month is over already

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 April 29, 22:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm in the same situation.  I had to keep my spawn busy (actually this is a recurring thing), and since a couple of my sims just became vampires, we've been building a castle for them.  My 6 is very interested in architecture, without having any sense of stylistic vision.  It's a very odd castle.  Anyway, I should have just based it on the house for the month, but I was not thinking clearly the day we started.

Tribulatio proxima est
Anebrd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 April 30, 00:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inspired by the words of Mootida and Jesslla, I may some very important changes to Crazy Swamp Hermit house.
Note the fab new outhouse downwind of the hammock.  There is no shower. There is no bath. Crazy Swamp Hermit knows that those things destroy dirt and dirt keeps out the germs. True That.

And to who scoff at solar power, it is to keep off the grid. You can't use their electricity. They use it to read your mind!!!
And with that bathroom gone, I present the new and improved wall of Paranoida.

Your crazy swamp hermit could try to figure out the evil link between magic, aliens and pay sites.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 April 30, 00:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inspired by the words of Mootida and Jesslla, I may some very important changes to Crazy Swamp Hermit house.
Note the fab new outhouse downwind of the hammock.  There is no shower. There is no bath. Crazy Swamp Hermit knows that those things destroy dirt and dirt keeps out the germs. True That.

Excellent. The young Padawan learns quickly.

pentabet
Blathering Buffoon

Do I look a little sallow to you?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 April 30, 01:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting 'til the last moment!  I am turning it in a bit unfinished, but I like this well enough to share it with you as is...

- - - - -

Can't afford a house?  Family too large for the average apartment?  Try a duplex!  It's like having your very own house, right on top of somebody else's!

http://www.box.net/shared/295rqjizuk

- - - - -

Hi guys, I have a modest duplex for your sims- it is still set as residential, because I want you to tweak it to your own standards before apartmentizing it.

I tried to keep Awesomespec in mind while I was working.
I pulled out my downloads folder to make sure nothing could sneak in, and checked it with the Clean Installer anyway.
It is only EAxis stuff, nice and tidy - and I have all EPs and SPs.

Space: I didn't set this house with lots of children in mind (but because I inevitably add sprogs to all of my households - there had to be room to grow as well).  The secondary bedrooms easily fold up into study rooms, or punched out to be larger entertaining rooms etc.  I tried to keep it flexible.

Deco: I don't like the Maxis curtains, so I left the windows bare - I also use GunMod's Radiance Light mod, and so I left the lighting simple because I don't know how my setup will look against yours if you don't have it - and I prefer to set the flowers and bed sheets per family, so I left that simple as well.

- - - - -

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/pentabet/Sims/simlot25toboggan/?albumview=slideshow
- - - - -

GROUND FLOOR

<cracks knuckles>

OKAY!  So we have the first floor entryway and living room... As you can see, we have a nice skilling area, with easel, violin, and bookcase.  The TV and the desk are separated by a wall that I couldn't get a clear shot of when the walls were up, and the double glass door leads to a short hallway outside.

Clockwise from the living room, we have the kitchen.  The dark, earthy colors of this room hide any dirt brought in by spawn introduced into the place.  How lovely!

Continuing our clockwise movement, we have one of two bathrooms on this level, all four bathrooms in the duplex are identical in size and coloring, but two have base game tubs for pets and toddlers, and two have the Seasons curtained shower stalls for children and up.

There are two bedrooms for children, set for a boy and a girl.

The master bedroom and neutral gender nursery:

SECOND FLOOR

Very similar in shape, really the only difference is the central hallway and the back bedrooms.

- - - - -

My favorite part of this house has to be the secret hammock behind the lake.

- - - - -
Edited because I moved the pics.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 02, 20:09:01 by pentabet » Logged

INFJ.  European Leo.  Chinese Pig.  Neat Freak.  Control Freak.  Simmer.  WoWer.  Bookworm.  B-Movie Addict.
I have many Anonymous meetings that I attend.
Don't judge me!
WeezySueWong
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2009 April 30, 01:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your crazy swamp hermit could try to figure out the evil link between magic, aliens and pay sites.

Not without a download link, he can't. Be mine, that is. LOL
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 April 30, 03:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but she's not great with names.

Outhouse and wall of paranoia are good ideas.

Tribulatio proxima est
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 April 30, 03:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but she's not great with names.

Outhouse and wall of paranoia are good ideas.

She got the important name right. Got both the two s's and the two l's. I'm impressed. Wink

@Anebrd: Do you have a place to upload the house for us? I'd love to have a crazy hermit shack in my neighborhood. If you need hosting box.net is free and good.

@pentabet: I love your duplex. The hidden hammock is great. Don't be surprised if I steal that idea for future House of Phails.

@Mootilda: Going back through old House of Phail posts to find unloved lots is a great idea.

pentabet
Blathering Buffoon

Do I look a little sallow to you?

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 April 30, 04:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be honored, jesslla.  Grin

INFJ.  European Leo.  Chinese Pig.  Neat Freak.  Control Freak.  Simmer.  WoWer.  Bookworm.  B-Movie Addict.
I have many Anonymous meetings that I attend.
Don't judge me!
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 April 30, 06:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously, I'm new here. I did have a login once upon a time, but I guess it was purged.
I ran across this thread today and thought I'd like to try it.
I don't really know the rules for picture size and limits, so I stuck my pictures in a slideshow at photobucket:

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ciane/new/?action=view&current=efadc275.pbw

(Hopefully "direct link" was the right choice.)

I didn't upload the house as I don't think anyone really would want it; I just enjoyed making it.
I have all EPs, but not all SPs on this computer - no holiday, family fun, celebration, or mansion&garden.
The house was just under $70,000.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2009 April 30, 07:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nabbed pentabet's duplex and ciane, DO WANT. The house is nice, clean, and looks like the kind of place I'd like to live in.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 April 30, 07:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, okay. I'll go bad in game tomorrow and package it. (And I am glad to know that you like it. Thanks.)
Anebrd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 April 30, 12:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I fail repeatly at editing my previous posts, I shall post the link to Crazy Old Swamp Hermit's House here >>> http://www.box.net/shared/vzzak1m6n2

I have all the expansions and I am not afraid to use them. Be sure to use Clean Install.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 April 30, 13:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the link I left off earlier for the download:
http://rapidshare.de/files/46966743/25_Toboggan_Way-Ciane.rar.html

And the link again to the slideshow, so they are in the same post. (I did try to edit the other post, but it wasn't working for me.)
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ciane/new/?action=view&current=efadc275.pbw

It has all EPs, but no M&G SP.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 April 30, 13:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm in the same situation.  I had to keep my spawn busy (actually this is a recurring thing), and since a couple of my sims just became vampires, we've been building a castle for them.  My 6 is very interested in architecture, without having any sense of stylistic vision.  It's a very odd castle.  Anyway, I should have just based it on the house for the month, but I was not thinking clearly the day we started.

Same here. My 6 yr old likes to play too, he likes bodyshop though, but has no sense of style, you should see some of his sims  Undecided. My 20 yr old loves to decorate the houses, but she also loves to use way too much cc.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 April 30, 18:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 20 yr old loves to decorate the houses, but she also loves to use way too much cc.
That's me (+10 years). Most of my houses only have EAxis walls and roofs.

Here's Witch's post with a bunch of Bluewater homes. I don't have the default neighborhoods, so I can't view other possibilities. We've done 25 Toboggan Way and 74 Gondola Way. My suggestion is 407 Edgewater Parkway. It'll be a pain, but it needs help. With pond for optional restriction. Maybe 223 Idlewild Street as an alternative, keep the garden (flower bed and surrounding pavement/edging). 32 Eagle Lane has some interesting possibilities considering the shed (or whatever that's supposed to be) in the backyard. 

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 April 30, 19:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see what other players do with their "4 Danish Drive", the original 'Duplex' from Academie Le Tour.  I always end up either demolishing one of the homes, or just plopping a foundation between them and make something waaay to big for my needs.  I know the grounds have no challenges (there is a path in the back), but I'm sure some restrictions could be implemented.

« Last Edit: 2009 April 30, 19:45:26 by GayJohnScarritt » Logged

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2009 April 30, 19:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe a restriction on not combining the two buildings into a giant misshapen blob?  Actually, since Pescado made apartments at uni possible, I'd thought about building another building between the two existing ones and turning it into an apartment lot.  Never really got around to it, though.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: