More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 07:12:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More Awful than You April: Broken Shit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Awful than You April: Broken Shit  (Read 22405 times)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
More Awful than You April: Broken Shit
« on: 2009 April 08, 17:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Since it doesn't look like anyone else is going to post one this month, I guess I will.)

So, you download a piece of likely-looking CC, but something is wrong.  Are the animations messed up?  Is the footprint in the wrong place?  Does the chair you downloaded show up in the catalog under "Showers and Tubs"?  Is it just completely, utterly FUBAR?  Anything you find that's just broken, hopefully in a hilariously WTF way, post it here.

An example:

I do not actually know where this bed came from, because I think I got it from a house during my pre-Clean Installer days and the file is thus named u789ji843hr7q8ery3qhjepeqrf4 or something.  It appears to be a decent bed; it's attractive, it's cheap, it has good motive scores.  However, it is a little too short and does not have covers that work as actual covers, so strange things happen when sims woohoo in it.  (Sorry for the white borders, I kind of fail at MS Paint.)

So yeah.

You can post hacks, but I don't recommend intentionally installing broken hacks into your game.  Don't post borkage resulting from your own stupid application of hacks (e.g. hack conflicts, clicking random options on the lot bugger, etc.) unless you want people to P&L at you.  Stuff that EA broke before the CC creators got to it doesn't count.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

drace
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: More Awful than You April: Broken Shit
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 09, 23:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That apparently happens with a lot of custom beds, even though they seem beautiful in the previews. The body merging is so hideous, all distorted.

The bed looks like it's the one from this simsinparis set - I had that one and just had to delete the loveseat, because that thing was eating the sims' feet like this:

--

Edit:
I noticed another thing; this is a [female!] sim I downloaded, because she's made after a character.

Then she steps out of the shower and it's like she had a gender change in there:

But it gets worse! I noticed that strange thing under her head - turns out, she has a giant neck gape:

WTF. Really, wtf. I have to delete this skin somehow.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 11, 21:25:15 by drace » Logged
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 17, 17:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to like coming here for the laughs..  Huh
Where did everyone go these last couple months?

I have no broken stuff in my game. As soon as I see some, I delete it right away. Except for an outfit I love, where the girl has 2 stomachs. But I love the mesh...
See, for some reason, the mesh makes a double stomach area.

why be normal?
CatOfEvilGenius
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 18, 08:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I had taken a picture of a paysite CC bathtub I got years ago.  It looked lovely in the preview picture, but when used, the water was *outside* the tub while the tub filled!  The creator had made the tub mesh too small, so the water stuck out.  Now I'll have to go see if the borked thing is in the Booty so I can get a picture.

rufio: It's the bed of accidental Kama Sutra poses!  Or maybe its a LOLbed?  Kama Sutra, Yur Doin It Wrong!

SalixTree: Whoever made that mesh screwed up the UV map.  It is fixable, if you know how to edit UV maps.  If not, check out the tutorials at MTS2.
edit: And if you want to get rid of that seam at the waist, do that with MilkShape's Align Normals plugin.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 18, 17:29:24 by CatOfEvilGenius » Logged

Please spay or neuter your pets --- my Sims2 clothing meshes
Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 18, 17:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this isn't *exactly* the same thing (not broken CC), but I figured people would get a laugh at what happened when I tried to follow a tutorial on how to attach a garage to a house with a foundation.  I don't know WTF happened but I couldn't even sledgehammer it.  I bulldozed the house and haven't tried to build a new one since.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 18, 19:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to like coming here for the laughs..  Huh
Where did everyone go these last couple months?

Seriously! I was wondering about that myself.

Sadly, I too delete broken shit as soon as I come across it, so I have nothing to offer unless I redownload that Sora hair. (For some reason, it was picking up the Sim's skintone instead of a proper hair texture.)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 18, 21:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this isn't *exactly* the same thing (not broken CC), but I figured people would get a laugh at what happened when I tried to follow a tutorial on how to attach a garage to a house with a foundation.  I don't know WTF happened but I couldn't even sledgehammer it.  I bulldozed the house and haven't tried to build a new one since.
Doesn't look bad to me. Very fixable with the constrain floor elements cheat and careful leveling. This house...when I built on the second floor, I screwed the front entryway, which is lowered to street level when the rest of the house is on a foundation. Took a bit as one section of the overhang kept wanting to crimp, but finally got it.

And this one...it looks good, but the canopy/roof on the right was awful because it was so close to the decking that it wouldn't form a grid on the second floor. I had to keep moving columns around and rebuild the decking after placing the roof.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
petalbrook
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 24, 21:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed another thing; this is a [female!] sim I downloaded, because she's made after a character.

[snip]

Then she steps out of the shower and it's like she had a gender change in there:

[snip]

But it gets worse! I noticed that strange thing under her head - turns out, she has a giant neck gape:

[snip]

WTF. Really, wtf. I have to delete this skin somehow.

I had that same thing happen to one of my sims!  I did a binary search until I figured out which skin was borked.  It didn't have have a real name, just a jumble of letters/numbers.
drace
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 April 25, 22:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that same thing happen to one of my sims!  I did a binary search until I figured out which skin was borked.  It didn't have have a real name, just a jumble of letters/numbers.

I'm pretty sure I already deleted the skin, so it was even more annoying. It wouldn't even go away when I took my whole downloads folder out! I finally changed the skin ingame with SimPE, but I'm still paranoid that it's lurking somewhere despite being supposed to be long deleted.
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 April 26, 07:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CatOfEvilGenius, I have no idea how to use Milkshape. Unfortunately, I'm a little bit technophobic. Program tutorials drive me mad, although if I apply myself fully, I can get through one.
I'm just hoping the creator will one day fix the mesh.

why be normal?
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 April 30, 20:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Safe to say that this contest is now dead.

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 April 30, 22:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure when TS3 rolls around we'll get a whole new host of utterly broken shit to flog.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bonzodog
Blathering Buffoon

ENFP- The Inspirer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 03, 08:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure when TS3 rolls around we'll get a whole new host of utterly broken shit to flog.

Yes. The game, for instance.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: