More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 01:30:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  TSR Privacy Violation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Privacy Violation  (Read 49792 times)
Charlee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
TSR Privacy Violation
« on: 2009 March 30, 20:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there no limit to the depths to which they will sink?
http://forums.sims-community.com/showthread.php?t=66708

Furthermore, any and all messages regarding this issue on the BBS are being actively locked and removed by Maxoid_Hydra, with the excuse that posts should be kept 'on-topic', and only related to the game or the Sims2.com website.   Roll Eyes

I added my 2 cents to the BBS, and suggested that everyone who is angered by this run out and grab ANY and ALL TSR content from PMBD, just to annoy TSR.  Of course, my post was removed immediately.

Ah well, we all know who's Awesome and who isn't.  But I would suggest that anyone who reads this and has any link or account with TSR take any necessary action to protect their personal information ASAP.

« Last Edit: 2009 March 30, 21:18:46 by charleeheart » Logged

It\'s all fun & games until the cops show up
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: TSR Privacy Violation
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 30, 21:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As awful as this is, I can't say it is surprising. My only hope is that this latest atrocity makes more people aware of TSR's asshattery and nudge fence-sitters in the right direction. I'm glad to see Delphy speaking out, quite passionately, about this, too.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 30, 21:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas is the scum of the earth. He will obviously do anything to protect his cash flow. He needs to be destroyed.
HoodieBandit
Asinine Airhead

WARNING: Road flooded during floods.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 30, 21:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't surprise me at all, unfortunately. And the fact that Thomas or whoever it was that did it thinks they couldn't get caught is quite hilarious.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 30, 21:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He could have gotten away with it if he wasn't a total and utter SMACKTARD, but one cannot expect much from Thomas.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 30, 21:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just taken aback by the amount of stupidity involved. "I'll just go over there and delete stuff and change their policy, no one will notice anything different and can't do anything about it if they do because I have changed their infos hur hur". Seriously? Someone exists who is that retarded? Or does he think that Delphy would just ignore such a claim instead of investigating?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 30, 21:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Mirelly changes her TSR password to fuckoffubastrds and considers downloading as much free stuff as possible to waste their bandwidth ... well as soon as I can be arsed, I will.

Seriously, I am looking forward to TS3 (L&P notwithstanding) because I am hoping this will be an opportunity, at last, to force the avaricious cynics who run sites like TSR, to put their money where their Kimberly Pipe sized mouths are and sue. It would be a cold day in hell before TSR (or any other paysite) stands a chance of winning its case in a proper court of law. Hell. I'd even feel confident as the respondent if I were next up in the same court where Madge Ciccone so recently appeared ....

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 30, 22:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, this is smart at least as much as EL OH EL I POASTED ZIPPOCAT.

Paperbladder and Fairlight! Do you have proof you didn't hack Buggybooz account? Eh? Eh?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 30, 22:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As awful as this is, I can't say it is surprising. My only hope is that this latest atrocity makes more people aware of TSR's asshattery and nudge fence-sitters in the right direction. I'm glad to see Delphy speaking out, quite passionately, about this, too.

I'm not surprised Delphy spoke out about it.  If anyone did something like that to one of my community members in a similar position, I'd be absolutely livid.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Darby
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 30, 22:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My new TSR password is FUCKYOUTSR.  That's not terribly original either, but I enjoyed making it anyway. 

Also got my first BBS forum bannination today.  Yeah Yay me.   Grin 
« Last Edit: 2009 March 30, 22:33:49 by Darby » Logged
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 30, 22:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas uses hacking into other people's systems quite frequently as a way to resolve his frustrations. When I say "he" below, assume it means "Thomas or an approved 'agent of TSR'".

1. He has ATTEMPTED to hack MATY .
2. He hacked into Coconut's Wordpress blog.
3. He hacked into LJ's simsecret (and possibly other anti-TSR blogs).
4. He has hacked into MTS2.
5. He has revealed the Power Words (real names), home addresses, paypal (etc.) info of his SUBSCRIBERS.
6. He has blocked legitimate paying subscribers from using TSR, even though they have had nothing to do with the paysite / freesite controversy.
7. He has ATTEMPTED to hack PMBD. Also, TSR stooges like Atwa have helped themselves to the booty, including TSR items, while yelling about the booty. (See also Lyric Lee's hypocrisy of raiding the booty while yelling about the booty.)
8. Attempts to discuss TSR's illegal or shitty activities on the official BBS get deleted, and may get you banned if you persist (at the BBS, interestingly enough).
9. TSR openly discusses hacking as a weapon against people / sites who disagree with their shitty policies.

Is that about right? Did I leave any shitty behavior out?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 30, 22:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

?!@#$%

I get really inspired by this community with so many good tutorials.
But when I see shit like this, it just makes me wanna stop playing the game; delete all my accounts.

I mean really, what is there to gain by going to the depths that this Thomas person has gone?
How many other people could he have compromised in this way?

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 30, 22:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas uses hacking into other people's systems quite frequently as a way to resolve his frustrations. When I say "he" below, assume it means "Thomas or an approved 'agent of TSR'".

5. He has revealed the Power Words (real names), home addresses, paypal (etc.) info of his SUBSCRIBERS.
6. He has blocked legitimate paying subscribers from using TSR, even though they have had nothing to do with the paysite / freesite controversy.
7. He has ATTEMPTED to hack PMBD. Also, TSR stooges like Atwa have helped themselves to the booty, including TSR items, while yelling about the booty. (See also Lyric Lee's hypocrisy of raiding the booty while yelling about the booty.)
8. Attempts to discuss TSR's illegal or shitty activities on the official BBS get deleted, and may get you banned if you persist (at the BBS, interestingly enough).
9. TSR openly discusses hacking as a weapon against people / sites who disagree with their shitty policies.

Don't forget the spyware he puts in all of TSR's downloads.  :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 March 30, 22:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My new TSR password is FUCKYOUTSR.  That's not terribly original either, but I enjoyed making it anyway. 

Also got my first BBS forum bannination today.  Yeah Yay me.   Grin 

Your first ban today?  SLACKER!

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 March 30, 22:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The updated Securom like info in the files. (Remove watermark, file no longer works) Can't say that I completely have an objection to copy protection that did only that, but not in this instance, seeing as they are selling content that should be free.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 March 30, 23:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let us not forget REFLEXSims Forum . . .

Long Live BlackPearl Sims!

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
Darby
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 March 30, 23:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your first ban today?  SLACKER!
Cheesy 

I have to admit, it sucks not being able to see what's going on now.  Probably just as well, though.  I was supposed be leaving on a road trip today, but I'm so behind on getting ready for it I'd be optimistic to think I'll be out of here before noon tomorrow.  So it's good thatl I don't have that distraction anymore.  Except wait... I'm HERE now instead.  Oy vey.   Undecided
Jarsie
Pinheaded Pissant

Chihuahuas rule and other dogs drool!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 March 30, 23:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(has lost track of how many times she has been banninated).

Thanks for posting the screen shot. People are *still* making threads about the TSR thing on the BBS even though they were told not to.
And my vacation lasts until 5/29/2009.

Sweet.

(but I have a back door)

MATY Buddies: Everyone on Ms. Perception's buddy list, plus the *other* Ferrets and Kookiedoe. And now Ausimpv just because it will piss a certain stupidone off, and because she asked me nicely. Oh, and Theisz, just cause I felt like adding her to my MATY buddies list.
Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 March 31, 00:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget that WNF still gets hacking attempts every 3 minutes...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 March 31, 00:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Mirelly changes her TSR password to fuckoffubastrds and considers downloading as much free stuff as possible to waste their bandwidth ... well as soon as I can be arsed, I will.
Lol. I wasn't so vulgar, I just changed mine to tsrsucks. Aren't I original?
I can't change mine, as I'm on the long list of members whose accounts aren't deleted (so as to make their numbers look good) but whose emails on their accounts and passwords were changed. Why? About a year beforehand I had posted in a thread in their forums questioning their practices, breaking none of their TOS, and had been assured by Steve that I'd see no repercussions. Apparently, he's misplaced Thomas's leash.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 March 31, 00:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit, it sucks not being able to see what's going on now.  Probably just as well, though.  I was supposed be leaving on a road trip today, but I'm so behind on getting ready for it I'd be optimistic to think I'll be out of here before noon tomorrow.  So it's good thatl I don't have that distraction anymore.  Except wait... I'm HERE now instead.  Oy vey.   Undecided
Wipe out your cookies there and you will be able to see again, like other unregistered users.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Darby
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 March 31, 00:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HOT DAMN, it worked!!! Thanks, Pes!    Grin Grin Grin

Edit:
Aaaaand... bored now.  There's only one "questionable" thread still posted, and it's locked.  Everything else is deadly dull if I can only look but can't answer questions.  *sigh*  Gotta get packing anyway. 
« Last Edit: 2009 March 31, 01:18:32 by Darby » Logged
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2009 March 31, 02:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boy am I glad my TSR account is from my Sims 1 days. I'm still going to take some precautions, but my username there isn't one I use on any other Sims site now.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 March 31, 02:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even remember what my TSR account is, but my password was something really lame and non-giving-a-shit, like "password". Tongue

MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 March 31, 03:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The FOJ actually went to TSR for anything? Oh, horrors-my innocence has been lost!

I've been registered there for since Sims 1. It hasn't improved in 8 years. ThomA$$ has only declined in his dotage-and he's gotten greedy to boot.

But it sure shows how stupid and desperate he is for new creators, under any circumstances.
Maybe in an alternate universe someone could hack TSR to take it down...hmm...interesting idea for April Fools, don't you think?
Perhaps permanently.
All the little sheeple will be so horrified-plus other "alternative sites" will suffer as a result.

Damn. Can't live with TSR and can't shoot it.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: