More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:12:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The people in the family bin?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The people in the family bin?  (Read 7598 times)
janeyw
The people in the family bin?
« on: 2009 March 28, 14:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I know I read this somewhere when I wasn't looking for it but now that I am I can't find it.  Feel free to poke fun, I have a thick skin.

The people in the family bin, you know, the ones that come with the EP's, etc.  Can I delete them or not?  I don't use simpe as it takes so long to work out how to use it, I'll be tired of the game before I even start to play.  So do I leave them forevermore, or can I kick their arses out of there?  My other option is to put them all down in Veronaville or some hood that I'll never use.  What to you lot think?
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
Re: The people in the family bin?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 28, 16:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can delete them using Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo, which you can find by searching.

You cannot just delete them from inside the game, because even though they're in the bin, they still show up as townies sometimes and can form relationships and/or gossip, and those will be left behind to cause corruption - and even if they don't (because you delete them the instant the hood is created, for example), they still have SWAF files to get rid of, which in-game deletion doesn't remove.

You can either delete them properly using SimPE, or apply a clean template so that they are removed.

SimPE is really not that hard when the instructions are written so that any idiot can follow along, and it's probably faster to just delete them properly than to try to figure out some workaround.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 28, 16:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I generally use a teleporter (Inge's teleporter cat, or Insim's family tree) to townify the pre-made families, if I forget about clean templates or otherwise get stuck with them.  That way they aren't stuck in the families bin, and might actually serve some useful purpose.

If you really don't want them, and you're just starting your 'hood, it might be easiest to just delete your hood, load the clean templates, and rebuild your hood.  That way, you're sure not to get the pre-mades.  You will, of course, have to create or generate your own townies (if you want them) if you use clean templates.

Tribulatio proxima est
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 28, 16:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other way to 'delete' them cleanly is to put them on a lot and let them DIE!  At least it doesn't leave a mess behind in the files and you get to build a nice graveyard.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 28, 17:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can make your graveyard an owned community lot, with a ticket machine or on-site giftshop, etc.  My graveyard is currently owned by a servo (so the ownership can be stable through the generations).  It is now a level six business and improving.  I have just installed a disco.  Unfortunately, the "residents" seem to like this, so no hauntings have yet taken place.  Stupid ghosts.

Tribulatio proxima est
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 28, 22:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theo has a plugin that makes cleanly deleting Sims from the bin with SimPE much easier.  I've used it before and nothing's gone boom yet.

timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 29, 02:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you want to get rid of them? I usually just leave premades where they are. They don't bother me.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
SimKat
Asinine Airhead

Throws hissy fits.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 29, 06:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted the Cooke guy and the Picaso's and it hasn't done anything too my hood except giving the toodler token skill.But that's it.I don't think it will mess it up bad,christ I was on 9th generation in my old hood and that was with Seasons before those Empty Templates were made and I deleted the Ramaswami's and Ottoma's and nothing went BOOM! in my hood.It's really your choice,some people say bad and some say nothing happens. Undecided

Don\'t take life too seriously,you don\'t get out alive anyways.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 29, 07:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted the Cooke guy and the Picaso's and it hasn't done anything too my hood except giving the toodler token skill.But that's it.I don't think it will mess it up bad,christ I was on 9th generation in my old hood and that was with Seasons before those Empty Templates were made and I deleted the Ramaswami's and Ottoma's and nothing went BOOM! in my hood.It's really your choice,some people say bad and some say nothing happens. Undecided

Bad things COULD happen, is the point, so it's a risk to take. It really doesn't matter that YOUR hood was fine (except the 'toodler token skill', whatever that might be), if THEIR hood blows up as a result.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 29, 17:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went through this anal period where I didn't want any fugly townies or pre-made family in my hood.  Then I realized it's silly because you just end up with no one to interact with, and the hood feels deserted.  So now all I do is move the sims in an empty lot, fix them up so they aren't so fugly, new clothes, new hair, a little plastic surgery, if necessary and they get dumped into the townie pool.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 29, 19:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went through this anal period where I didn't want any fugly townies or pre-made family in my hood.  Then I realized it's silly because you just end up with no one to interact with, and the hood feels deserted.  So now all I do is move the sims in an empty lot, fix them up so they aren't so fugly, new clothes, new hair, a little plastic surgery, if necessary and they get dumped into the townie pool.

Best way to deal with fugly is to install a set of replacement face templates you like, and generate townies after installing clean templates.  I have had reasonable luck with this method.  If you're really picky, you can create a raft of your own custom townies in CAS, move them in on a lot and townify them.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 30, 09:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theo has a plugin that makes cleanly deleting Sims from the bin with SimPE much easier.  I've used it before and nothing's gone boom yet.
Deleting from SimPE with theotool is meant to follow as a companion to Deleted 2, not replace it. Deleted 2 exists to find and smite all the in-game references to the sim that can be found, leaving Theotool to wipe out the sim and files as this cannot be done in-game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: