More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 00:38:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  You want to fall in love - again?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You want to fall in love - again?  (Read 5173 times)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
You want to fall in love - again?
« on: 2009 March 28, 04:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I debated putting this in the Oops forum, but since it's not really broken, just annoying, I'll put it here.

So, this was an issue that I thought I had fixed in a hack I posted in Peasantry, but apparently not.  The problem is with family sims wanting to fall in love again, despite already being in love and engaged to someone else.  It had only happened sims who were in love with and engaged to one sim, so I thought the engagement might be confusing the game and rewrote the BHAV that gets called to determine whether the sim is in love or not so that it also returns true if the sim is engaged or married.  But it happened again.  Since I know Pescado will not believe me, I took screenshots.

Since I was not 100% absolutely sure that they were actually in love (because the engaged sign is covering where the love heart would be) I even checked in SimPE:

For hacks modifying romantic relationships and wants I only have:
romancemod
noinstantlove
wfsanity
moarfight

(and from TJ)
ACR
Baby Wants Fix
No Dorm Car Want Spam
No Pet Obsession
No Resurrect Want Spam
Object Min Cost Want Hack
No Instrument Want Spam, which I hacked to prevent sims in my (BV-less) game from constantly wanting to buy the massage table.

And my "fix" which did not in fact work.  So I'm stumped.  Anyone have any theories about what's going on here?  Anyone else have this happen?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
Re: You want to fall in love - again?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 28, 08:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think it's related to sims who are already vampires wanting to become vampires?  Is there any chance your Sim thinks your Sim is dead?  Otherwise it looks like plain old want panel borkage to me.  I'd just get them to re-roll and have done with it.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 28, 15:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point isn't whether it should be fulfilled or not. The point is that the want shouldn't be appearing in a committed Family sim. Romance sims will still want to get it on with others when married/engaged. Family just wants spousal affection and babies.

Did you try cleaning memories with the debugger? I had some intense weirdness in a newish neighborhood last night. I was transferring inventory, and when doing the multiple fish and boots, the thumbnails and mouseovers were memories. IIRC, one was First Woohoo, at least two Met Sims, etc. Cleaning memory fixed it. Also, does he have a secondary aspiration?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 28, 16:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point isn't whether it should be fulfilled or not. The point is that the want shouldn't be appearing in a committed Family sim. Romance sims will still want to get it on with others when married/engaged. Family just wants spousal affection and babies.

The only thing that occurs to me is to ask whether they are Secondary Aspiration Romance sims?

Inteen for AL, yay!
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 28, 17:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this isn't a symptom of is it?

May all your fears & worries come true.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 28, 19:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No secondary aspirations, as I don't have FT.  I clean memories with the batbox pretty much every time I load a lot (or at least, I clear trash and boring gossip anyway).  Fourcats, the only weirdness I have noticed with this is the appearance of a want that doesn't make sense, which happens all the time in an unmodded game (and even in my modded game to tell the truth, at least until I figure out how to get servos to stop rolling suicidal hot-tub wants), so I'm not afraid of BFBVFS.  What annoys me about this is that I do play for aspiration points - I buy Love Tubs once they get past a certain point so that they don't simply hit the top and stop gaining.  Some of my sims have 20 Love Tubs in their inventories when they die.  Anyway, when they roll really high-scoring wants I try and fulfill them, and it really annoys me when the high-scoring want runs totally contrary to the sim's personality.

professorbutters - do you mean, does he have a memory of her dying?  If so, no, and he still rolls wants for her all the time, romantic ones even, so I don't think it's because he somehow thinks she's dead, or they're not in love, or something.  I've never had a vampire roll the want to become a vampire, but then my only vampire so far is a fortune sim, so I suppose I wouldn't have anyway.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 29, 10:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible that there's a Fall In Love With No Check Tree want, which is why it bypasses the check trees and shows up inappropriately without regards for what is going on.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: