More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 07:10:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Merged two different sims 2 games in one
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Merged two different sims 2 games in one  (Read 7118 times)
victoriageras
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Merged two different sims 2 games in one
« on: 2009 March 29, 17:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello everyone!

I'll try to keep it short! I had the Sims 2 up to AL, installed in my laptop.Bought a desktop, installed sims 2,played for a couple of months and suddenly i missed my old sims 2,installed in my laptop. So without asking, searching etc i had the brilliant idea to get my sims 2 game from my laptop and actually merge it with my sims 2 game in desktop.
As you can imagine, nothing of what i expected happened. My sims 2 from my laptop, where gone,houses gone. I still had my desktop version of sims and nothing of my laptop.
So the other day, i was playing a couple in twiii island and out of the blue, a sim from my laptop version apearred and started to chit chat with my female sim.

Is there any way that i can search to find them,extract them and re-install them in my desktop game,doing it right this time?And the houses?

Thanks in advanced!Sorry about the bad english,it's not my native language

If you want breakfast at bed,sleep in the kitchen
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Merged two different sims 2 games in one
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 29, 18:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... what you did exactly isn't completely clear to me, but I'm afraid is not possible in any way to recover any of your games :/.

Just to be sure I understand correctly: what exactly did you do, merging your installations? Did you mix the files in both Characters folders together? Lots folders? Did you copy the same merged stuff on both laptop and desktop computers?

Your English is ok, I understand it (and it's not my native language as well); only, please, put a space after your punctuation marks. This is valid in any language, and makes the reading easier.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
victoriageras
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 29, 19:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A part of the assumptions is correct Smiley.  I took the game files from my laptop (every file that was under My documents/The Sims 2), saved them in my ipod and i conneted it on my desktop pc.
  My laptop was extremelly slow with all the EP's installed and my CC.  I cut/paste the files from ipod to My documents/The Sims 2 on my desktop and a message poped up asking me if i wanted to merge the files (i already had installed and played Sims 2 in desktop).  I chose yes.  And everything from my laptop Sims 2 data, was gone. I understand now,  that it was a really really stupid thing to do,  but it was the first time that i had ever done sth like that.  My desktop version of Sims,  is fine. Nothing has happened to it. I still play the same game.

But how do i got to see that sim?  That's why i am asking if there is sth that i can do.  Sorry at punctuation, i totally suck in both languages (greek and english).  Hope it's better now!  Smiley

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 29, 19:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...a message popped up asking me if i wanted to merge the files (i already had installed and played Sims 2 in desktop).  I chose yes.  And everything from my laptop Sims 2 data, was gone.  I understand now,  that it was a really really stupid thing to do,  but it was the first time that i had ever done sth like that.  My desktop version of Sims,  is fine. Nothing has happened to it. I still play the same game.

So, why can't you just copy the Sims2 folder back to your laptop?  If you move the files from the laptop to the desktop, and they are gone from the laptop, surely you can just copy them back.  (I think I am missing something in your description.)

As to your desktop, if you had a game running there, and you took character files from the laptop, and merged them into the same numbered neighbourhoods (i.e. took character files from N005 on the laptop and merged them into N005 on the desktop, without replacing the entire neighbourhood, then I would suspect that your desktop neighbourhood is doomed.  (Again, I may be misunderstanding your description of what happened).

If you wanted specific sims in your neighbourhood, you could simply clone them using simsurgery in SimPE and drop them into the hood using Bodyshop and CAS.  There are tutorials for doing this.

Tribulatio proxima est
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 13, 03:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that what they are getting at is that they just screwed all of their saved games over by pasting one set of sims 2 hoods on top of a different set of hoods with the same name. Their game now has two different hoods, with different sims, houses and memories in the same folder, but because they were two different N001 hoods the game is all fucked to hell and back.

There is no saving the games on your desktop, but so long as you did not "cut" the files from your laptop, only "copy" then you at least still have saved files. You can delete your hoods on your desktop and just drop the laptop hoods into that folder.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 13, 04:27:11 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 13, 04:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
victoriageras
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 13, 08:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for the advices!After all that, i am thinking unistall and reinstal my game. I will try to remove my favorite sims with simpe and i hope that it will work.
You see,i actually didn't have any problem with my game. Nothing obvious at least. But when i checked my Veronaville, neighborhood,with simpe, i saw that i had two or three times the same sim, in same age,which i imagine is not good.
Thanks everyone! Grin

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 13, 12:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assuming that it was only data and not program files that were merged you do not need to uninstall your game. Simply delete the Sims 2 folder from your my documents folder to force the game to renew fresh data files on next run. You have killed your Neighbourhoods but you may not have killed the game, yet.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 April 15, 12:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agree with Madame Mim - the neighbourhood is doomed, but the GAME works.  Delete the borked 'hood(s) and start over.  That should be all that is necessary.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: