More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:01:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  How to recategorize clothing: top/bottom/full outfit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to recategorize clothing: top/bottom/full outfit  (Read 4026 times)
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How to recategorize clothing: top/bottom/full outfit
« on: 2009 March 27, 14:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A query:

Does anyone know how to recategorize custom clothing in the top/bottom/full outfit category? I have some downloaded clothing that appears all right on the Sims themselves, but is borked in the CAS clothing display. I checked the packages in the Wardrobe Wrangler, and they're the only ones that aren't categorized as such. This is a read only field in WW, so if I change it it has to be through the advanced tab, unless there's a different tool that does it more easily. I don't have SimPE, but I will dowload it if I need it.

I was hoping that someone knows which of the attributes needs to be changed, and what the values are. Otherwise, I go through everything by trial and error, which could take a while.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: How to recategorize clothing: top/bottom/full outfit
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 07, 13:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try dragging the contents of your Thumbnails folder to a safe place on your hard drive.  The game will (slowly) regenerate them, and CAS should look ok again.

The reason why you can't recatagorize tops and bottoms is because the game has no provision to use them as Formals, etc.  They're everyday clothing only.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 12, 02:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try dragging the contents of your Thumbnails folder to a safe place on your hard drive.  The game will (slowly) regenerate them, and CAS should look ok again.
Why drag them somewhere to keep them? They regenerate, just delete them. Keeping those would kind of be like keeping a copy of the .cache file that you are about the delete.
The catalog will be a little slower the first time going through it after deleting the thumbnails. You could also use Ctrl and right click on the pictures to regenerate a thumbnail.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 12, 11:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why drag them somewhere to keep them? They regenerate, just delete them.
Better still, delete the thumbnails folder- that way the game just fetches a copy from the install files, so you don't have to wait for all of the Maxis thumbs to regenerate- just your CC.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 13, 18:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why drag them somewhere to keep them? They regenerate, just delete them. Keeping those would kind of be like keeping a copy of the .cache file that you are about the delete.
The catalog will be a little slower the first time going through it after deleting the thumbnails. You could also use Ctrl and right click on the pictures to regenerate a thumbnail.
On the odd chance that it's something causing the game to crash before it gets around to reading the thumbnails, you can put them back and try something else independently.  I rename the cache files too, instead of deleting them.

Better still, delete the thumbnails folder- that way the game just fetches a copy from the install files, so you don't have to wait for all of the Maxis thumbs to regenerate- just your CC.

Thanks!  I'll recommend people drag out the whole Thumbnails folder instead of just the contents.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 15, 08:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  I'll recommend people drag out the whole Thumbnails folder instead of just the contents.

There's no reason to re-place them.  If a problem that existed before dragging them out still existed, the game will have already regenned new ones, and you'll just be replacing them with older ones.  Delete them altogether.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: