More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:06:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Questions about hacks that don't have their own threads go here
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Questions about hacks that don't have their own threads go here  (Read 51381 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Questions about hacks that don't have their own threads go here
« on: 2009 March 21, 22:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the 'witches extinguish fires with Exflammo' feature in firemod up and running? (If so, I'm having a little trouble getting it to trigger. Still testing, though.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Questions about hacks that don't have their own threads go here
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 23, 07:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was never made to run and there are no plans to do so, as Exflammo isn't free. However, by default, those who possess exflammo do not do the fire screamie dance, so as to give you an opportunity to actually cast it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 24, 00:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that explains it. I could read the code well enough to see why HCDU said it conflicted with the no reagents mod I was trying out (and well enough to try to make it bypass the reagents check myself, which was exciting if ultimately futile), but not well enough to tell that it wasn't even going to be run in the first place.

(Thanks, BastDawn. I think.)

ETA: While I'm at it, HCDU also says that TJ's Engagement Memory Fix conflicts with ftminifixes. Does this mean ftminifixes contains the same or similar fix (making sure they are correctly set green or red according to aspiration, which I surmise may be related to secondary aspirations somehow)?
« Last Edit: 2009 March 25, 02:58:39 by akatonbo » Logged

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 25, 23:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there's a conflict there, they're probably the same fix, so you don't need the Jeffistani version, it is superfluous. Leaving it in won't harm anything, but you don't need two identical fixes and you already have the larger fix which fixes moar stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MeanCaffeineMachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 30, 00:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack included in the AL Director's Cut that allows for more than four playable tenants in apartments? I skimmed over the hacks and nothing jumped out at me.

But furthermore: is it practical/smart to have more than four playable tenants in an apartment complex? I googled around about it and most people said that it could cause an overload of sims, but... if you have a computer that can handle it, why the hell not? When you're playing one family, the others basically function as NPCs, no?

Why can't there be a cheat/hack/fix so that there can be more than four playable tenants per apartment building if there isn't one already?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 30, 01:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack included in the AL Director's Cut that allows for more than four playable tenants in apartments? I skimmed over the hacks and nothing jumped out at me.
No. This is probably hardcoded into the interface. It may be possible to create such a situation artificially in SimPE.

But furthermore: is it practical/smart to have more than four playable tenants in an apartment complex? I googled around about it and most people said that it could cause an overload of sims, but... if you have a computer that can handle it, why the hell not? When you're playing one family, the others basically function as NPCs, no?
I suspect that combinatorial explosion sets in once you go past that.

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 23, 18:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to include the mugs from the "Eclectic Coffeemaker" from LS or PS in the coffeecuphack?  I use it a lot more since it gives a bigger energy boost, but the stupid Sims are back to going all over the house to find a table to put the mug on.  And I can't be the only one having this problem.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 23, 19:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm, they already are. Are you using the proper official Awesome version, or some Kewian-based substitute? Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 April 23, 21:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any RTFMs for the following:

Food Eats You
Don't Talk to Strangers
Don't Say Stupid Shit
AL_unhiders?
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 April 23, 23:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm, they already are. Are you using the proper official Awesome version, or some Kewian-based substitute? Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!
I'm using the Awesome version, and I check the booty every day for updates, but just in case I missed it I'll install the latest one and see if that takes care of it....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 April 24, 01:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the Awesome version, and I check the booty every day for updates, but just in case I missed it I'll install the latest one and see if that takes care of it....
If you're using the Awesome version, then it should work because there is only one coffeecup. If you have a non-Awesome version, then accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

Food Eats You
Food Eats You is the autonomous controller for fridge usage linked to Macrotastics. It is entirely optional and mostly exists to discourage sims from picking dumb things to eat autonomously.

Don't Talk to Strangers
Don't Say Stupid Shit
AL_unhiders?
Those are for Fat Gwilly People. They do pretty much what it says on the label.

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 April 24, 02:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are we talking about a Kewian-based version of the coffeecuphack or Kewian version of the coffemaker?  If so I'm not sure which I 've got, but I'll go look for the Awesome version, because they're still dragging the mugs all over the house with the March 11 version of the coffeecuphack.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 April 24, 13:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food Eats You
It is entirely optional and mostly exists to discourage sims from picking dumb things to eat autonomously.

Not in my game it isn't - it has become entirely mandatory.  Its main benefit is that for teens and older, they no longer need to access the fridge at all, but get all food automagically from inventory.  No more of that tedious "put away leftovers", "get leftovers", "serve"/"grab a plate", rinse, repeat stuff.  I keep a platter of leftovers around so sim children can eat, if any are on the lot.  My sim kids tend to eat lots of salmon and spaghetti at all hours of the day, if sparkly food is not available.  It also means that if I forget a sim, they will simply take a break in their day and feed themselves while I'm busy ruining someone else's life.  Before Food Eats You, I spent a lot of time clicking on fridges.  Not anymore.

Get FEY (or Krelm toothpaste) and GO TO HEAVEN (or at least stop international communism).

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 April 24, 14:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to mess with the insuperior "leftovers" crap at all. Food Eats You ignores this newfangled insuperior nonsense.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 April 24, 22:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even macro/eat is way superior to leftovers.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 April 25, 00:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even macro/eat is way superior to leftovers.
That's because Food Eats You is an autonomy hook for Macro/Eat, so that when a sim chooses to eat, it will choose to macro-eat.

Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 May 07, 14:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been away from the game for a while, and now I'm trying to update my hacks for AL.  I don't see these two in the Director's Cut, but I really like them both.  Will they make my game explode, or simply not work anymore?

Thanks in advance.

No Retired Job Spam
No Xylophone Pee

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 May 08, 00:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Retired Job Spam
That was merged with wfsanity, you no longer need it.

No Xylophone Pee
I think that one was a special issue and never given out to the public, but it works.

Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 May 16, 22:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Person B
Group ID: 0x7F3D55FC
Instance ID: 0x00001001
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\maty\breakupfix.package
\downloads\simlogical\ijBreakupAnytime.package

Is this harmless, or should I remove one or the other?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 May 16, 22:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. I recommend that the fix load last, because there's no reason why a Breakup Anytime would need to modify the actual breakup action itself.

MiaHaglund
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 09, 14:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just seen and downloaded Pes "BBQ baby", at Sims2 at ModTheSims and the thread was closed so I'll ask here. I wonder if this could be done:  Huh I would like my (ex:romantic) sims to be able to get a wish to BBQ their babies, just like they don't want to change diapers.
A crazy idea, but it would be spectacular.

Yours sincerely Mia
jadama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 August 25, 23:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have found an issue with noadhd.  Posting here as it doesn't seem to have it's own thread, and I'm still a Sims 2 addict.  Noadhd apparently breaks the ability to read a book in the hammock, whether user directed or autonomy driven.  I tested with only that hack in the game and the sim makes the motions to open book, but book is invisible and sim freezes, requiring a force error to escape.

Sorry for mining the dead.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 August 26, 00:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's quite odd, since I can think of no logical reason why that would be related at all.

jadama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 August 26, 03:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To test again, I created a sim with no cc installed and a sim with only noadhd.  The newly created sims (both) did not freeze; however, both did jump out of the hammock when trying to read with noadhd in.  "QP"'s error log is attached.

The second is for "Eve," a previously played sim that freezes when attempting to read in the hammock, again with noadhd installed.

Also, with the newly created Sims, once the jump out of the interaction, they will preform it from that point forward with no errors, jumping, or freezing.
« Last Edit: 2010 August 26, 06:44:24 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 August 26, 06:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of these errors is a forced error. The other one appears to be a sim attempting to read a fried chicken menu and is not part of any Awesomeware at all. Additionally, I can't reproduce the problem, and conclude it is something wrong with your lot or neighborhood.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: