More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:39:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Populating a holiday neighbourhhod???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Populating a holiday neighbourhhod???  (Read 15786 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Populating a holiday neighbourhhod???
« Reply #25 on: 2009 March 12, 03:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kiwis don't have sidewalks, we sometimes have pavements, but mostly we have footpaths.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

Not awesome, but my lack of morality makes it okay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2009 March 12, 04:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thinking on the OP's Santaland idea: It would take something serious, with the vast probability of being damaging, but imagine digging up a map to Santaland! Meet the big guy, secret lot-style. If you could charm the old bastard into thinking that your good, he gives you a nice gift, accompanied by the CS cauldron dancing penguin-party; if you can't convince him, a flaming bag-o-poo and a motive hit. Hmmm...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 March 14, 17:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Penguins are from the South Pole.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 March 14, 19:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you use Inge's prison mod and make a Santa sim and the elves inmates in North Pole Prison, with visiting hours?  I'm not sure, not having used the hack, but it sounds like it could be one way to have a Christmas lot without having the themed sims wandering around the 'hood.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 14, 19:16:25 by rosess » Logged
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 March 15, 05:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you use Inge's prison mod and make a Santa sim and the elves inmates in North Pole Prison, with visiting hours?  I'm not sure, not having used the hack, but it sounds like it could be one way to have a Christmas lot without having the themed sims wandering around the 'hood.

I've done something like that with the asylum.

I've given all the inmates a prisoners token so they can't wander onto any other lots. Works well, but one of them has become the focus of telescope snooping, so he does show up on a lot, argues and then gets zapped away, but that's the only time i see any of them.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 March 17, 14:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to look into that, it might just be the answer.  I came up with the vacation hood to keep them out of the normal neighbourhoods.  But if I did create a prison it would be one building only, I would have wanted a north pole town.  I've got a lot of really good christmas type buildings that I would like to use in santas village.  I just don't know if this is possible.  I'm finding it hard to understand why they gave us the ability to create new holiday destinations without including parameters that would actually help us to do so.  I just don't see why they couldn't have created an interface that let you describe the setting and situation you want, it can't be that hard to do it.

And dogs usually swim in the sea, when is one of you going to make a mod so that my dogs can swim in the sea? lol.  I've never had a dog in my life that wouldn't have run right into that water.  I know you can do this, so just let me know when it's done haha

That's kinda hard to do if there are no animations for it.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

Not awesome, but my lack of morality makes it okay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2009 March 20, 20:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thinking on the OP's Santaland idea: It would take something serious, with the vast probability of being damaging, but imagine digging up a map to Santaland! Meet the big guy, secret lot-style. If you could charm the old bastard into thinking that your good, he gives you a nice gift, accompanied by the CS cauldron dancing penguin-party; if you can't convince him, a flaming bag-o-poo and a motive hit. Hmmm...

To be more geographically correct, perhaps a polar bear attack would be more appropriate? Give Bigfoot a furrier, white skin and let the pain begin? Could work, if the idea was sound to begin with.
A polar bear attack while visiting Santa seems more like something this community would embrace.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 March 21, 20:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Janeway, I would love to see swimming dogs.
Do you know what else I would love to see?

Toddlers running into the sea, like my daughter tried to do as a baby. We figured she would stop, but she just kept going despite the fact the water was over her head. After we saved her, she spit up water, and then said "FUN! AGAIN, AGAIN!"

But Jelenedra has a point, that without animations, it would be pretty difficult.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 March 23, 11:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been thinking about this.  (extremely hazardous, lol).  Now crammyboy made a penis and it animates from flop to rigid.  these animations weren't in the game originally.  So....he obviously made the animations or whatever.

Well, it's not an animation: it's a toggle between two mesh shapes, on/off. I think it's like when you change the clothes in CAS: the sim passes from dress (shape) 1 to dress (shape) 2 and so on, without a real animation.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 March 23, 15:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are finally seeing some sim animations now (now that Sims 3 is nearly with us) but even so, they are complicated and difficult to do.  Dogs in the sea would be lovely but I can't see it being a priority (guess what the top animation priorities are).  Maybe the OP of this idea could go and find said animators and postrate themself and beg?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: