More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:48:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  When good Sims go bad
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: When good Sims go bad  (Read 3653 times)
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
When good Sims go bad
« on: 2009 April 13, 03:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I don't know if this is a side effect of fight club, or if it's normal, or if it was something weird.  One of my Sims, Kristin, got her wallet stolen by the Unsavory Charlatan (UC) on a community lot.  This is the first time I've had a pocket picked, so I clicked on the UC and got the option, "fisticuffs."  So I chose it, and Kristin engaged in a fight with the UC.  They fought for HOURS.  Finally, she came out victorious and got her money back.

Around 4 a.m., who should stark lurking outside the house but the UC.  I woke Kristin up, and she went out and kicked his ass again.  She went to work, and he showed up a few hours later and lurked around until she got home!  She fought him, but lost.  A few hours later, he was back.  She fought him and lost.  A few hours later ... yep, there he was.  I deleted him.  A few hours later ... rinse, repeat, scream!  I finally went to Paladin's and got the assault rifle, and Kristin took him out.  She'd been yearning to see his ghost since the first time he whupped her.

Is this in any way normal?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: When good Sims go bad
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 13, 04:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this is pretty much normal. And don't kill the unsavory charlatan. He's pretty much an interchangeable NPC, so murdering him won't help, you'll just get reams of them appearing. You're honestly not even supposed to do that. Very violent of you, Phillip.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 13, 05:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phyllis, I wanted to share this but didn't want to start a new thread. I believe this is your alter ego, Phillip:

Actually, his name is Harvey Oliver, but same dif.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 13, 09:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Pescado: I wondered if killing him would be a VBT, but dammit, he was stalking Kristin and driving me NUTS.  Another one did spawn, and I've seen him about on the community lots, which is fine.  He's not coming by Kristin's house, though, and that's the important part (to me).  Yes, baby, I have a violent streak :-)

@Zaza: Is Harvey a momentary fluke, like my avatar, or did you find a way to make him that way on purpose? Just curious, because if there's a way to do it on purpose, I might finally get to play with the other kids in Awesomeland.

ETA: I might actually play zombie apocalypse now.  As cool of an idea as it is, I was put off by the notion that zombies can zombify you, but you can't kill them -- at least, not without a cow plant or some kind of corral to trap and starve them in.  With an assault rifle for home defense, I could take them out if they came limping by the house.  Boo-yah!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 April 13, 14:50:53 by phyllis_p » Logged

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 13, 15:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Zaza: Is Harvey a momentary fluke, like my avatar, or did you find a way to make him that way on purpose? Just curious, because if there's a way to do it on purpose, I might finally get to play with the other kids in Awesomeland.
Fluke. If I remember correctly, he was walking back to the cash register from a sales social. I was having major business issues and the employee was useless. Turns out eight of my DC hacks were way out of date, despite the fact that I watch the update thread like a hawk. No idea what I did. Employees were stalling and showing that they were on break. Playables would randomly start erroring on mouse-over. It's fixed now, thankfully.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: