More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:43:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Sustainably Simming
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sustainably Simming  (Read 34410 times)
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Sustainably Simming
« Reply #25 on: 2009 March 28, 15:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, since this challenge is specifically allowing plant sims, you simply make your founder a plant sim and have them make a plantbaby.  Plant sims don't have to eat and, if you have more than one, neither does anyone else on the lot.  If you have two adult plant sims use Spores of Happiness (avaliable whenever they're in a really good mood, which isn't hard to do thanks to their three simple needs) on eachother, the result is a net increase in mood unless the bar was already fuller than the automatic penalty applied when they're done spouting off spores.  If you have more than two it only enhances the effect.  Any non-plant sims simply need to stand around the same area while they're doing this to meet all their needs.  Therefore no food is actually required in this challenge aside from enough to last first sim until they turn into a plant sim and, therefore, this challenge cannot be challenging until plantsims are specifically not allowed.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 March 29, 20:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

\I'm playing a stricter, more end of the world, incestuous clowncar now. No electrics. No indoor plumbing. Only an empty pantry. Gas stove. Fish'n hole. No schoolin', cept what you learns at home (locked gate keeps them in and the pesky world out). Marry yer sister, etc. It's quite fun, actually. LOL

I don't think I've heard of a hack that allows incest.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 March 29, 21:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8196.0.html

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 April 22, 20:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should allow limited electronics if you have the windmill or solar panels from M&G. I don't know, 1 per solar panel. 3 per windmill. You decide.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 April 23, 06:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

\I'm playing a stricter, more end of the world, incestuous clowncar now. No electrics. No indoor plumbing. Only an empty pantry. Gas stove. Fish'n hole. No schoolin', cept what you learns at home (locked gate keeps them in and the pesky world out). Marry yer sister, etc. It's quite fun, actually. LOL

Closer Family from MTS2 tries to do this, but it's non-awesome, because it won't let you fall in love with your siblings, and the Pleasant sisters, for instance, will reject WooHoo attempts because they are friends/best friends only.  hunter240x's Orgy Rug and Sinful Shower could be optioned not to check for family ties.
Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 April 23, 08:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Closer Family at MTS is no longer supported and hasn't been updated since OFB.  There is no guarantee that it will work with all the expansions that have been released since then, let alone whether it will work nicely with other romance mods that have been updated for recent expansions, like ACR and Jenflower's Woohoo Teens.  To put that mod in one's game at this point would be just asking for BFBVFS. 
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 April 23, 14:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well considering that family relations would probably end in VBT for your game you could just remove the no random love hacks and have your sims use a tent or finger print device. Both of which have ended up with siblings in my game falling in love informing me that I hadn't updated hacks for a while.
Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 April 24, 23:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Closer Family at MTS is no longer supported and hasn't been updated since OFB.  There is no guarantee that it will work with all the expansions that have been released since then, let alone whether it will work nicely with other romance mods that have been updated for recent expansions, like ACR and Jenflower's Woohoo Teens.  To put that mod in one's game at this point would be just asking for BFBVFS. 

Oh shit.

*runs to remove Closer Family from Downloads folder*

HDCU hadn't reported any hack conflicts, but I know that isn't an end-all to everything.
Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 April 26, 08:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if your game is playing happily with Closer Family, it's no skin off my nose if you don't take it out.  It was just a warning, really, and you probably shouldn't advise people to use years out-of-date hacks without some kind of warning about potential game damage.

Closer Family was the only hack of its kind, that I know of, and I do wish someone with adequate knowledge of game modding would update it.  The Wedding of Convenience is good for what it does, but it still requires marriage for romantic interactions between relatives.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2009 April 26, 20:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it might be possible to make an incest hack by just modding various family-checking BHAVs to always return false - at least I know it's possible to recognize more people as family by having them return true in additional cases.

ETA:  I made an incest hack by basically just having all the Are We Family? BHAVs return false 100% of the time.  It seems to work as expected, with romantic interactions available for everyone; I started testing it, got creeped out, and had to stop (yes, I know they're just pixels).  Not compatible with my other family hacks.  You may experience wants weirdnesses related to family relationships.

* incesthack.package (1.18 KB - downloaded 593 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 April 26, 21:11:21 by rufio » Logged

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 April 27, 10:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, thanks rufio, it was nice of you to do this.  I know you're busy with all the other hacks you've been posting.  I will try it out right away.

As for the creepiness of it, I always though that's why no one updated it for recent expansions.  Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, even if they are just pixels.   Tongue
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 April 27, 20:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should allow limited electronics if you have the windmill or solar panels from M&G. I don't know, 1 per solar panel. 3 per windmill. You decide.

I agree with this idea, it would make sense.

Also, Plantsims are impossible without sunlamps, so I won't be having any Plantsims around if I can avoid it.

Telephones do not require electricity to function, so I do not see the rationale behind not allowing them. (Maybe because I have many childhood memories of going places where there was no electricity, but inevitably there was a "party-line" telephone in even the remotest spot.)

More F than you
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: