More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 09:07:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ahhh aren't they cute! The Oldie's like you never saw them before.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ahhh aren't they cute! The Oldie's like you never saw them before.  (Read 14621 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Ahhh aren't they cute! The Oldie's like you never saw them before.
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 16, 04:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have SimPe yet but don't mind using boolprop testingcheats, can you tell me how to check it with boolprop I would love to be able to do that.  If you look at the picture of the Coral and Herb (the big one) it is like it is the same face (or very close of being the same) just one is female and the other is male, they do look alike a lot.  The major difference is the nose and eye shape.
I'm pretty sure you have to enable boolprop testingcheats before entering the lot for this to work.  If that doesn't work, you may have to enter it in your userStartup.cheat file in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config folder.  I run boolprop testingcheatsenabled true on startup all the time, so I'm not sure about that part.  Maybe someone else could confirm.  Anyway, after you've done that, load up the lot, then open the cheat window.  Type simdna Herb, hit enter, and then do the same thing again substituting Coral's name.  You should get a little notifcation window on the right stating genetics such as hair color, eye color, skin tone, and dominant features.  The first color listed is usually the one that the sim expresses naturally, so if it's anything but blonde, then they are probably not naturally blonde.  I'm thinking one of them should have genes for red hair since that's what the kid got.  Since they were probably made in CAS, they will probably be homozygous for eyes, hair, and skin.  Changing a sim's hair in the mirror will have no effect on their genetics.

Let me know how this works!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 16, 04:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have SimPe yet but don't mind using boolprop testingcheats, can you tell me how to check it with boolprop I would love to be able to do that.  If you look at the picture of the Coral and Herb (the big one) it is like it is the same face (or very close of being the same) just one is female and the other is male, they do look alike a lot.  The major difference is the nose and eye shape.
I'm pretty sure you have to enable boolprop testingcheats before entering the lot for this to work.  If that doesn't work, you may have to enter it in your userStartup.cheat file in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config folder.  I run boolprop testingcheatsenabled true on startup all the time, so I'm not sure about that part.  Maybe someone else could confirm.  Anyway, after you've done that, load up the lot, then open the cheat window.  Type simdna Herb, hit enter, and then do the same thing again substituting Coral's name.  You should get a little notifcation window on the right stating genetics such as hair color, eye color, skin tone, and dominant features.  The first color listed is usually the one that the sim expresses naturally, so if it's anything but blonde, then they are probably not naturally blonde.  I'm thinking one of them should have genes for red hair since that's what the kid got.  Since they were probably made in CAS, they will probably be homozygous for eyes, hair, and skin.  Changing a sim's hair in the mirror will have no effect on their genetics.

Let me know how this works!

I just tried it and it seems I will have to put it in the start up for it to work since I wrote the boolprop cheat on neighborhood view, loaded the lot then type Simdna Herb and the box expanded.  Since I am too lazy to quit my game now, I will try that later and let you know.

One last picture, I promise (well until the next baby is born  Wink ) but you must say if you would not know it is Herb in the below picture, would you have guessed it?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2005 November 16, 04:44:59 by MissDoh » Logged
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 16, 05:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Herb Oldie is a natural redhead, I can remember that from when I de-aged them in another version of Pleasantview I made but didn't pursue.  Quite a few Maxis-made Sims are - Brandon Lillard, Kaylynn Langerak and Sandy Bruty to name but three (brown, black & blonde in-game respectively).  I think they do it so everybody goes "Ooh, I SAY, where did that red hair come from".  As I've said before, for a game that boasted so much about the genetic element, they've made a total muck-up of it in the pre-made characters.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 16, 05:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Kaylynn's actually a blonde... she produced two redheads and a blonde in breeding with Daniel Pleasant...

Huh

<insert witty comment here>
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 16, 05:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if Coral is a real or fake blonde?

Ancient Sim I agree with you Maxis mess-up on pre-made Sims genetics. 

As for 1st born luckily with JM hack we don't have to create dummy Sim each time we start the game otherwise some of our Sims will always have the same boring personality.... *sob*
« Last Edit: 2005 November 16, 06:49:03 by MissDoh » Logged
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 16, 05:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Kaylynn's actually a blonde... she produced two redheads and a blonde in breeding with Daniel Pleasant...
 Huh
Actually, you're right, she IS blonde, I checked in SimPE.  For some reason I always thought she was red because in my game she had a red-haired daughter with Daniel Pleasant and another red-haired daughter with the guy she eventually married, who was a blond with a recessive red gene.  Would have expected their daughter to have been blonde when it was 3-1 blonde/red, but she wasn't.  Anyway, I admit I was wrong about Kaylynn and as a result will sulk for at least 24 hours because I HATE ADMITTING I AM WRONG.  I'm not a Scorpio for nothing.

Grin

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 16, 05:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Sigh* second baby born is a girl and is red hair too.... humm I will try again in case I come up with something else lol
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 16, 06:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that info, Ancient Sim.  I think I saw that Sandy Bruty was a natural redhead somewhere when I was playing around and wondered why.  Your theory on why sounds like something Maxis would do.  But I don't understand why they made Dustin and Dirk family to Angela and Lilith.  And Strangetown really has some weird genetics.  I never did breed Kaylynn with anyone though.  She is mostly Romance Sim fodder like the other townies.  The problem with woohooing your maid though is that she has a tendency to arrive for work at the wrong moment. Tongue
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 16, 13:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what you mean there, Rainbow. All my Bayfield Romance boys have been slapped by that woman at one time or another.  Tongue
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 17, 03:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ladies and gentlemen I now present you the second child in the Odie's family, Bernadette Oldie, she looks a bit more like her mother.
Yes she is a red hair too, I don't know if I ever get a blonde kid or not.

[attachment deleted by admin]
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 17, 03:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, she's cute.  I love redheads. Smiley  I made a whole family of them, hehe.
PKTrekGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 17, 04:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How cute!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 17, 04:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, she's cute.  I love redheads. Smiley  I made a whole family of them, hehe.

Oh don't get me wrong here, I do like red hair Sims but would love to have 1 blonde kid.  I still haven't add the line in my start-up (forgot about it tonight until I place the picture here) so I still have no idea if Coral is a real or fake blonde.

Before I have a 3rd child I will wait until one of them becomes a teen and is sent to University.  So it will take a little longer before I post new pictures here (well that teen needs a life before I sent it to University), unless something really exciting or funny happens to them until then.

If any of you made them adults too, please add your personal picture in this thread, I would love to see them  Cheesy
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 17, 22:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Red and blond hair colours are both recessive in Sims 2, so if your child has one red and one blond hair gene, it's 50:50 whether they'll express (show) red or blond hair. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that exactly half your kids will have red hair and half blond hair!

It's like tossing a coin. If you toss a coin enough times, you get an equal number of the two sides ("heads" and "tails" they're called in English - I don't know about other languages). But if you toss a coin twice, you could get two heads or two tails or one of each.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 18, 09:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Red hair has been dominant in my game at least.
I made a family with dad having red hair and mom being blonde and 7 kids were redheads and number 8 was a black-haired alien. (My first abduction  Grin and totally NOT on purpose).

INTJ
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 18, 16:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Red hair has been dominant in my game at least.
I made a family with dad having red hair and mom being blonde and 7 kids were redheads and number 8 was a black-haired alien. (My first abduction  Grin and totally NOT on purpose).

Oh ok then thanks for that info.

I am having huge fun right now at making a lot of those pre-made Sims be either adults or teens again.

Tina Caliente is now a teen but I left Dina as an adult for now since I am thinking of marrying her with Mortimer Goth or Darren Dreamer (though I might ressurect his wife), after all Mortimer is a swinging adult bachelor now.

Don will defenitely become a teen, I can't wait to send him to college and make him fall in love with every female there.

Mortimer is now an adult and Cassendra is a teen.  I might ressurect a few of the dead Goth Sims and turn them into adults too, I am still considering it but did not took any official decision yet.

With all these changes so far my game did not turn into a BFFVFOS.

I did not play with the Pleasant or the Burb too much yet so I still don't know what I will do with them... any suggestions is welcome.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 18, 16:58:46 by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: