More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 17:29:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Manually Add Default BV Neighborhoods?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Manually Add Default BV Neighborhoods?  (Read 4365 times)
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

~Rainbows, butterflies, & happiness~

View Profile
Manually Add Default BV Neighborhoods?
« on: 2009 March 08, 14:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case, you didn't know, my BV lots wouldn't show up
"http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12052.0.html
  ...and I wanted to know if there is a way to manually add them. Can I copy the ones in the program files and paste them in my neighborhood folder? I know it works for default neighborhoods but I wonder if it can work for BV neighborhoods as well. 

Edit: I made my post make some sense Tongue
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Manually Add Default BV Neighborhoods?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 11, 17:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. That's even explained to you in the very first pop-up after installing the EP.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 11, 17:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do you expect them to "show up"?  They do not appear in the selectable neighbourhoods when you first start up the game.  If you want to go on holiday, your sims have to phone to set it up and off they go.  If you want to do build mode stuff, you have to go through the holiday symbol.  Are the holiday hoods available to your sims on the phone to set up a holiday?

Tribulatio proxima est
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 11, 18:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, let me explain more clearly. If you have clicked my link, you would see that the default Bon Voyage neighborhoods that came with the game, i.e Twikkii Island won't show up. One day I went to go add them and when I tried to do that the game claimed I already have them when in actuality, I didn't. Here's a picture:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4507/19968671.jpg - You see how it says I already have the neighborhoods...
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1479/bv2.jpg - But I don't and this is a brand new neighborhood I made. I already tried all suggestions mentioned in the thread. This is my last resort and then I'm going to be forced to reinstall...

I know you can add back Pleasant View, Strange Town, and Veronaville by going to program files and copying/pasting the neighborhoods back into EA/Sims2/Neighborhoods. My question was if I can use the same technique for the BV neighborhoods as well.

Edit: Jolrei: When I tried to get my sim to book a vacation the game said I didn't have any vacation neighborhoods

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 11, 19:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not convinced that adding the vacation sub-hoods manually would solve the problem that your game is glitching on the idea that non-added BV sub-hoods are already added.

What happens if you create a new custom hood and add vacation destinations?  Does it work properly or does it also not add the hoods?

Tribulatio proxima est
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 11, 19:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, custom neighborhoods work properly.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 11, 19:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, custom neighborhoods work properly.

Alrighty.  I suppose it does not hurt to try to manually attach the BV sub-hoods, but it may be a borked neighbourhood.

Tribulatio proxima est
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 12, 00:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe this. I really can't believe this.
 I finally cave in and just reinstall Bon Voyage, the neighborhoods still won't show up. I don't know what to do.  Sad
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 12, 01:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean that you still cannot add the Maxis holiday destinations to your existing hood? If so, that would be expected. Jolrei already determined that the issue is with that particular hood. Or did you mean that you cannot add the Maxis holiday resorts to any hood?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 12, 01:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As noted, the problem is related to the particular neighbourhood.  Reinstalling BV will not fix a borked hood, and the fact that the BV sub-hoods could be attached properly to other neighbourhoods suggests that BV itself was working correctly.  If you have an old pre-BV installation backup of your hood, you could load that and try to install the BV hoods (just in case the backup is not borked).  Otherwise it begins to sound like your 'hood is doomed.

Tribulatio proxima est
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 12, 02:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It isn't just that hood. I have HP's combined neighborhood and it didn't work. I just made a brand new hood and it is still saying the same thing.
 You know, I didn't have these problems until I installed that cleaned up neighborhood template. But,  I just reinstalled so the cleaned up templates should be gone...right?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: