More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 13:42:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  For those that enjoyed my mods...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For those that enjoyed my mods...  (Read 4499 times)
GunMod
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
For those that enjoyed my mods...
« on: 2009 March 12, 14:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey folks. This is the original GunMod. Just letting you all know that if you enjoyed my mods I plan on being around for Sims 3 come June/July.
I want to thank those that took over my old mods and made them better. dDfinder for doing my hardest one, aka Radiance Lighting mod.
Anyway, hope to see some familiar and new faces.

Peace
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: For those that enjoyed my mods...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 12, 14:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You live!

Though I'm not sure there will be anything to mod in Sims 3, it's good to see you may be around for further Sims 2 mods.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 12, 16:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the L&P reviews I've seen, it looks as though they've put in something fairly similar to the Radiance Mod.  Apparently the sun also moves across the sky creating moving shadows.
Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 12, 17:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems they're not all that keen on big slobbery thanks around here, but I love your camera mod.  Love it.  Where's the smiley with all the hearts around it's head, 'cause it should be *here*.  I'm glad to hear you're still around and planing to still be around.  Smiley
GunMod
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 13, 01:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You live!

Though I'm not sure there will be anything to mod in Sims 3, it's good to see you may be around for further Sims 2 mods.

There is ALWAYS something to mod Wink
Saying there is nothing to mod is like telling a car nut that 300 hp is more than enough horsepower.
Anyway, I mod things I feel could be better.
Sometimes that might mean my mods aren't understood or well received until that person(s) sees what I'm seeing.
Take the light mod. Until I started it, most people didn't realize just how good the lighting COULD have been.
Not blowing my own horn, I'm just stating facts.
But anyway, I've worked closely with E.A. and there development teams on several projects (cough), so I can say without saying (if you catch my meaning),
that there will be SOME things that folks might like different and some things that are going to blow people socks off right out the box.
Sims 3 will be as different to Sims 2 as night is to day.

GunMod
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 13, 01:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the L&P reviews I've seen, it looks as though they've put in something fairly similar to the Radiance Mod.  Apparently the sun also moves across the sky creating moving shadows.
One wonders were that new light is coming from Smiley. A real sun? Ab-so-freaking-loot-ly. No more artificial lights. Real lights for a virtually real world. Radiance, bloom, HDRI, soft shadows, scattering? All there baby.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 13, 01:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't get this obsession with "bloom", or what it is. If I want more bloom, I'll put a live flashbang on top of my monitor.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GunMod
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 13, 01:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems they're not all that keen on big slobbery thanks around here, but I love your camera mod.  Love it.  Where's the smiley with all the hearts around it's head, 'cause it should be *here*.  I'm glad to hear you're still around and planing to still be around.  Smiley

Hey that's okay. I do mods for myself first, then share them if they are worth a darn.
Love me or hate me, it's all cool. I do this for fun. When it stops being fun is when I stop doing it.
Those who make mods for "props" are in for a rude awakening as modding is mostly a thankless job
as most folks don't understand the work that goes into them.
But if a modder complains about people not liking their mod(s),
then maybe those modders are in the wrong hobby OR they need to make better mods Wink
Believe me, I've made some bombs in my day (Pun Intended).
I made a tactical nuke mod for Janes F-15 sim and it worked a little too well.
After it wiped out your enemies, you, your friendlies and anything else in the virtual world
it then crashed your computer. Did the nuke work? Sure. Was it a good mod? Lol.. no.
But thank you for your thanks. Much appreciated.

GunMod
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 13, 01:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't get this obsession with "bloom", or what it is. If I want more bloom, I'll put a live flashbang on top of my monitor.

Go outside in the Summer about 6 to 7 am. Turn the water sprinkler on.
As the sun comes up and the rays hit the water you will get this special glow you only get when the sun is low in the sky.
(ADDED) Also when a bright flashlight or car light first hits your eyes and everything blooms out real bright until your eyes adjust.
That to me is bloom. A lot of games overuse bloom to make things look all glowy.
Personally, there's a time and place for it, but not all the time.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 13, 02:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go outside in the Summer about 6 to 7 am. Turn the water sprinkler on.
But there would be SUN out during that time!

As the sun comes up and the rays hit the water you will get this special glow you only get when the sun is low in the sky.
I think your problem is that you're not wearing sunglasses. That's not an actual glow, that is you going blind from staring at the sun.

(ADDED) Also when a bright flashlight or car light first hits your eyes and everything blooms out real bright until your eyes adjust.
That to me is bloom. A lot of games overuse bloom to make things look all glowy.
Personally, there's a time and place for it, but not all the time.
I am pretty sure that is purely an indiviual eyeball related phenomenon, and not something that is generally applicable, as I have never encountered this, probably because I sensibly recoil from sunlight.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: