More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 15:56:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  userStartup.cheat file
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: userStartup.cheat file  (Read 9230 times)
GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
userStartup.cheat file
« on: 2009 March 10, 21:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I've mentioned before... I've been away from the community for over a year. Anyway, suddenly a discussion abot userStartup.cheat files started at my regulare forum. As it turns out, folks have these lines below pasted into their userStartup.cheat file, but no one knows what they do. They just saw them somewhere and pasted them into their files. I can't do that without knowing exatly what they do, but no one can say, except for a vauge "they let us have more sims". Uh?

This is what they've pasted into their userStartup files...

boolProp allow45degreeAngleOfRotation true
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

I just can't wrap my head around that...

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20 = used to be the total number of visiting sims you can have on a lot at one time (I have that one myself in my userStartup since long ago)

uintProp maxTotalSims 50 = this one they vaugely claim is to allow a sim family to consist of 50 sims instead of the default 8 (if that's true, why would anyone want that?)

uintProp maxTotalHumans 35 = if the above is true, then what does this do?

uintProp maxTotalPets 15 = this is supposedly to allow the pets of any family to be 15 instead of the default 4?

Why the crazy numbers, and all the inconsistancies? Wouldn't the game explode into a BFBVFS with that many contradictions?

Hope someone can clear this up for me... Someone who actually knows what these codes mean. I tried Googeling it, but just got hits to peoples userStartup files, but no explanations.

Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: userStartup.cheat file
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 10, 21:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last three lines refer to family numbers. Now that the game can meld families from the Neighbourhood screen you might want to cause really big families (because you can or if you are packaging them to share with others). Those lines (as they stand) mean that you can meld families from the Neighbourhood to a total of 35 human Sims or 15 pet Sims or a maximum total of 50 Sims (pet and human). You could also have it 40 human sims, 20 pet sims or a maximum total of 50 sims (pet and human) - IYSWIM.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 10, 22:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Mim, that makes sense. But can one actually enter those lots an play the families, or are they just for sharing purposes? And also, if a family already consists of 8 members, can they get pregnant again and exceed that number? If so, what happens to the UI, and how to you alternate between that many sims?

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 10, 22:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uintProp maxTotalSims 50 = this one they vaugely claim is to allow a sim family to consist of 50 sims instead of the default 8 (if that's true, why would anyone want that?)

This is correct -- it allows you to have 50 residents on a lot. If you play multi-household lots, and your computer isn't excessively lame, the limit of 8 only gets in the way of things.

Why the crazy numbers, and all the inconsistancies?

Which inconsistencies? 35 sims + 15 pets = 50 inhabitants total. Makes sense in my eyes.
GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 10, 22:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which inconsistencies? 35 sims + 15 pets = 50 inhabitants total. Makes sense in my eyes.
Like I said in my reply above... Now it makes sense since I got it explained to me.

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 10, 23:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Mim, that makes sense. But can one actually enter those lots an play the families, or are they just for sharing purposes? And also, if a family already consists of 8 members, can they get pregnant again and exceed that number? If so, what happens to the UI, and how to you alternate between that many sims?

The UI just adds the extra Sims on like it normally would. You alternate between Sims the normal way.

GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 11, 01:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The UI just adds the extra Sims on like it normally would. You alternate between Sims the normal way.
Okay, thank you Sol. I just imagined that with 50 sims, there would be kinda crowded in the UI. Smiley

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 12, 11:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of this, however, only refers to the melding of families from the hood (and, yes, it means that you can also play larger families) but if you want pregnancies to occur after the game limit of 8 human sims (is it still 8 or did it go up to 10?) you need a lotfullofsims mod. Ancient Highway has the currently most up to date version on his website although the mod that he alterred and updated was originally by Doc Doofus and has had more than one updater along the way.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: