More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:13:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  These two rigs are on the horizon...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: These two rigs are on the horizon...  (Read 9492 times)
Miss Malevolent
Asinine Airhead

Bitch³

View Profile WWW
These two rigs are on the horizon...
« on: 2009 March 11, 20:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One is already out (but not in the configuration I want yet) and the other is coming soon.

PROBABLY before The Sims 3 is out.

So, advice?

Which one should I get?

Clevo Specifications

Asus Specifications

A picture says a thousand words so here:

"We're going to have a historic election regardless. We're gonna elect either our oldest president ever, or our first African American president, or our first woman president."
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
Re: These two rigs are on the horizon...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 11, 22:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just recently went with Asus for the new desktop.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 12, 05:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are some seriously excessive stats for a lappy. Don't blame me when it ends up on FIRE when you try to use it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 12, 06:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are some seriously excessive stats for a lappy. Don't blame me when it ends up on FIRE when you try to use it.

This. I've had trouble keeping laptops cooled well enough without buying some lame third-party fan tray to place them on. Even then, they still run way too hot for my liking compared to my desktop.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 12, 07:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you just get a desktop with backpack straps on the case. Then it will also be portable, and it will cost less.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 12, 08:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you just get a desktop with backpack straps on the case. Then it will also be portable, and it will cost less.
As in, less than 40lb? Pescado's version of a portable PC. This should be in the wiki.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 12, 14:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the new computer i just built for friends probably weighed 5-10lbs. pair that with some of those newfangled computer screen glasses and you're good to go.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 12, 15:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can laptops ever really compete with desktops in the gaming area?  Seriously.
For about five minutes. However, any gamer knows that the long-term viability of a rig lies in its upgradability. Laptops fail hard at that. If you are enough of a gamer to be looking for a gaming laptop, you need to take the laptop out of the equation.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 12, 16:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, you can't just "lose" a desktop or leave it at the library, coffee shop, or someplace where you left your car keys (they were here a minute ago).

Laptops: the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.

Tribulatio proxima est
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 12, 19:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As in, less than 40lb? Pescado's version of a portable PC. This should be in the wiki.

I like this. Brb, buying backpack straps.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 13, 08:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You wussies need your exercise anyway! You wouldn't need that "Wii Fit" crap if you just got used to lugging around a 40 pound steel case everywhere. It may even save your miserable pathetic excuse for a life.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 13, 08:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A young Pescado with his first portable.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 13, 14:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The weight balance on that is terrible: The battery pack and the computer should have been placed on opposite sides to get better balance. Alternatively, you could get a proper Ion Bombardment Tube monitor, which would balance it out. There is also no way those wooden or plastic-looking supports would hold under that strain: You need proper iron ones. For additional upgrades, you can install machine-gun turrets that can be controlled from the computer.

Miss Malevolent
Asinine Airhead

Bitch³

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 April 08, 21:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't blame me when it ends up on FIRE when you try to use it.

Okay that made me laugh.

"We're going to have a historic election regardless. We're gonna elect either our oldest president ever, or our first African American president, or our first woman president."
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 April 08, 21:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hubby has carrying straps for his rig and the kicker is he has the max size tower and dual screens. He takes his "monster" to all the lans and competitions he goes to.

His view on laptops: oversized pocket calculators that are harder to misplace. He thinks anyone who calls themself a gamer and their rig of choice is a lappy needs to seriously rethink the term. If you cannot upgrade your system nearly weekly with out an act of God the device should never even see much more than a card game on it.

That picture though made me laugh out loud, if Arcticcap could do that with his system he would, believe me.
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 April 09, 08:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For male users, this issue is even worse, as a giant heat source in your lap is not a good idea when the reproductive system is located externally for cooling.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 April 09, 08:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For male users, this issue is even worse, as a giant heat source in your lap is not a good idea when the reproductive system is located externally for cooling.
I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like you're actually gooing to be using it anytime soon.

Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 April 09, 08:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like you're actually gooing to be using it anytime soon.
"Gooing"... was that an intentional pun?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 April 09, 13:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Depends on what you want your repro-system for.  If it's purely recreational, there is no problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: