More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:36:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Improved Elder Nude Meshes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Improved Elder Nude Meshes  (Read 18547 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Improved Elder Nude Meshes
« on: 2009 March 09, 22:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like my elder ladies to use the elder skins, but I hate the exaggerated body shape.  So I edited the nude top, bottom and full-body meshes for elder females.  As you can see, the shape is still noticeably saggier than the Maxis adult, but not nearly as grotesque as the standard elder, and the shadows are pretty much where they should be (which unfortunately is not the case if you solve the problem by using the adult nude meshes for elder ladies, unless you also alter all your skintones and essentially make elders identical to adults.)

Only the high-def female meshes have been changed here; they won't affect Sims in a game set to low detail.  Also included is a mesh replacement for elder males by Zirconia Wolf at Simbology (included by permission), which makes the elder males use the adult meshes; this is more practical for men, since there's less difference between the male adult and elder meshes and the boob-shadow problem does not apply.

As a bonus, this will also work for any swimsuit or underwear that uses the elder female nude mesh.  Downside:  Elder tops based on the nude top mesh will no longer match up with standard elder bottoms.  :/

I'm still fairly new to body meshing, so this isn't quite as perfect as I'd prefer, but it tested pretty well in my game.  If anyone has problems with it, please let me know.

* Ambular_ElderNudeReplacements.rar (230.4 KB - downloaded 1125 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 September 05, 03:20:58 by Ambular » Logged

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
CatOfEvilGenius
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: Improved Elder Nude Meshes
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 09, 22:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've made a much more human looking sim, thank you.  The downside is not much of a downside.  There aren't that many elder bottom meshes.  They could be default replaced to match up with your nude top.  Not that I'm volunteering, too many projects already. Wink

Please spay or neuter your pets --- my Sims2 clothing meshes
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 14, 16:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also included is a mesh replacement for elder males by Zirconia Wolf at Simbology (included by permission), which makes the elder males use the adult meshes...

So do I need to make my adult male clothing "enabled for elders" to use this mesh?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 14, 21:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also included is a mesh replacement for elder males by Zirconia Wolf at Simbology (included by permission), which makes the elder males use the adult meshes...

So do I need to make my adult male clothing "enabled for elders" to use this mesh?

You don't have to, no.  This mainly affects elders when they're nekkid.  It may, however, cause a mismatch between elder male tops and bottoms if any of the tops are based on the nude mesh; I'm not sure whether any of the Maxian clothing is.  If so, you could elder-enable some adult male bottoms so you'd have something to match the tops with.

There's not as huge a difference between elder and adult males as there is between the females, so I haven't gone to great lengths to convert a lot of stuff for them myself, unless I really wanted a particular outfit to be available for elders.  YMMV.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
widowerzsabet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 30, 19:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  I've been looking for better elder female meshes everywhere!  All people seem to make make is teen to adult.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: