More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:51:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New 12/24/11: New job hacks and inlaws fix update]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New 12/24/11: New job hacks and inlaws fix update]  (Read 91623 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New: AntiGoodWitchIdleAnims]
« Reply #50 on: 2009 May 09, 19:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use OMSP's, nor much non-fix custom content at all. I found a fix on MTS2, but want the OK before I download it. It's by Numenor.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2009 May 09, 19:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er... you want an OK from me?  What does this fix do?  If it doesn't actually modify the novel OBJD, it's not going to conflict with this hack.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 May 09, 20:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It didn't work.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2009 May 09, 20:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMSP FTW:

Actually, that was really easy.  I may have to go find some actual table-height ones, now.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 May 09, 22:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parrot, there is an intrinsic conflict between your desire for real-world aesthetics and your CC phobia. 

When restocked, the books end up on their spines anyway.  Whether you put them on tables, OMSPs or shelves, it looks dumb.  You can get over it, and instead marvel at the efficiency of having every novel written in your 'hood easily available for any sim, or you can clutter up your tables with rows of fake books on OMSPs.*

*Don't mark the fakes for sale; too many saleable objects on a tile tend to cause restocking glitches, for me anyway.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2009 May 09, 22:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Don't mark the fakes for sale; too many saleable objects on a tile tend to cause restocking glitches, for me anyway.

Well, I have a hack or something that lets me put up to six of most of the flower arrangements on a single OFB shelf, and with 12 arrangements for sale on the same tile (upper and lower shelf) nothing bad happened to me.  Maybe actual OFB shelves are different, though?

I always thought selling books from OFB shelves would look stupid anyway, even if they didn't restock on their bindings.  With the table, it at least looks nice until someone buys it for the first time.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 May 10, 00:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I downloaded a shelving unit that matches the maxis linking bookcases at the SimWardrobe, and it even restocks perfectly. Yes, the spines thing is kind of dumb, and the shelving unit looks a bit bare, but it will do.

I know my want for realism and fear of CC are conflicting. But it is not irrational. I had over 1,000 downloads for TS1, and I don't want that to happen again. Therefore I am greatly hesitant at downloading anything unnecessary.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 May 10, 00:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had over 1,000 downloads for TS1,...

*witch scoffs at the tiny size

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 May 10, 01:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can't remember the exact size, but it took a half an hour to go from loading screen to hood.

ritaxis
Blathering Buffoon

not nice

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 May 10, 16:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parrot, I had the half-hour loading syndrome with Sims 1 too.  With Sims 2, on my old machine with 3 GB  of CC, it took less than ten minutes to load.  On my new machine, with almost 4 Gb after compressorization, it takes about five.  It also takes about five minutes for the neighborhoods and lots to load.  It feels like forever, but I'm philosphocial about it, because I'm using my Sims like a model railroad set to recreate a version of the town I live in (not the actual, literal town, but something with similar features).  That means I need a lot of crap for details.  I wouldn't dream of telling you to play your game the same way I do, but you should just know that loading time issues are not as fierce with Sims 2 as they were with Sims 1.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 May 24, 15:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so  thrilled to find your nosmustle hack.  That has been bugging me for a long time.  Not so much the actual dance but doing it everywhere, even outdoors and blocking doorways and the NOISES they make.  No more, thank you very much. 
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2009 June 06, 11:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a version of ServosDontSleep that does not reference apartment neighbors and thus does not cause errors when used without AL.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New Hacks and Updates]
« Reply #62 on: 2009 December 09, 21:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromantic double-post for an update:  I finally found that annoying "You invited me to stay the night but didn't let me get any sleep!" dialog and killed it with fire.  Also, I finally got my shit together and figured out how to make the sellable novels placeable on OFB shelves.  With the Magisplay tray, you can do something like this:

(Now I just need to find an invisible recolor of that.)

Also, ServosCleanRepairShower has been replaced with ShowerFixes, which also makes it so that 6s and 12s can use communal showers as communal showers.  Now my Child Labor Compound is actually sort of functional.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 December 14, 11:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rufio, I'd like to download ShowerFixes but where is the download link/file?
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2009 December 14, 15:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The link at the top of the OP goes to the page where all the hacks are hosted.  Sorry, I should probably edit the post so that the hack names link directly.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 December 14, 20:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that. I can see the link I originally missed now.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New: Tabula Rasa Hack]
« Reply #66 on: 2009 December 16, 22:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more update:  Tabula Rasa now erases relationships as well as memories, and thus actually has a purpose.  See first post for details.

ritaxis
Blathering Buffoon

not nice

View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New: Tabula Rasa Hack]
« Reply #67 on: 2009 December 19, 07:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for the sellable books, rufio, and fixing the links -- I couldn't figure out how to download it earlier and lacked the ambition to ask how, so my laziness has been rewarded . . .
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New: Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies!]
« Reply #68 on: 2009 December 30, 22:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New hack: Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies!  (See first post for details and download.)

Interesting note: if a flaming sim reaches critical motive failure while the grim reaper is otherwise occupied on the lot, they appear to get some kind of free max_motives application until he is available to deal with them.

MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 December 31, 01:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe I'm gonna get Seasons just for this hack! Next, you could do "reigning" cats and dogs-on fire.
It is a damn cool hack-but I take my sim-killing very seriously. No lulz needed for this.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2009 December 31, 01:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, it's a nice idea, but this one really only came about because I discovered the animation for the weather-machine failure while testing something else and immediately saw that EA had not done it justice in the implementation.  If there's a "raining cats and dogs" animation somewhere, I haven't seen it yet, but I could probably work with it if it exists.

Seasons has lots of great ways to torture sims, though, even without hacks.  Especially without hacks or patches, when IIRC they tended to spontaneously combust all the time.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New 1/7/2011: NoLTAPermaplat and NoAutoFishing]
« Reply #71 on: 2011 January 07, 23:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I aten't dead, etc.  New hacks, no more annoying LTA permaplat in FT!  See the first post.

Nalia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New 1/7/2011: NoLTAPermaplat and NoAutoFishing]
« Reply #72 on: 2011 February 05, 17:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all the mods/fixes, especially for the ExtendedFamilyPartial and the NoLTAPermaplat mods! Permaplat in particular ruined a few story ideas for my Sims, until now.

I have a question though: What does actually cause the stupid "You invited me to stay the night but didn't let me get any sleep" lines? When my Sims invite friends to stay the night some of them will use the available bed in the guest room, but others will just complain and whine.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2011 February 05, 20:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question though: What does actually cause the stupid "You invited me to stay the night but didn't let me get any sleep" lines? When my Sims invite friends to stay the night some of them will use the available bed in the guest room, but others will just complain and whine.

A horrifying BHAV in PersonGlobals, which took me hours to organize into something that made procedural sense, actually.  It is the BHAV that is called repeatedly for every visiting sim on the lot periodically, to check their motives and decide whether or not they should leave, and if so, how and with what dialog.  IIRC, this dialog popped up when "normal" visitors (i.e. not the nanny, vacation friends, dormies, roommates, etc.) had their energy dip below a certain point on a home lot.  Presumably, if you haven't globally banned all beds with autonomycontrol like I have, sims you've asked to stay over will autonomously choose to use a bed (or take a foodnap) before their energy gets to that level, and then you won't get the dialog, and as of AL it seems like they will attempt to autonomously seek out beds at certain times of day regardless of actual energy level.  If they are otherwise occupied or distracted, or cannot use beds or find a bed to use or something to foodnap in before their energy gets too low, you get the dialog and they will leave.

I don't have a whole lot of suggestions for how to keep visitors' energy motives up - sims will autonomously use coffee makers in an unmodded game, but the Awesome hack that prevents them from bogarting coffee stands on community lots also seems to make it much less likely for them to drink coffee on home lots.  There's also the coffee tree (an Awesome conversion from some Stories game or other, IIRC), but I don't know if it's autonomous, and I can't think of any other autonomous object that increases energy.  If you just want them to stay on your lot forever (for example, if you are running a home ticket business and would just like them to stay and keep paying you $50 an hour) foodnapping is very effective - just leave platters of gelatin and lots of tables with chairs around, and chances are, by the time they get hungry enough to abandon the poker table and grab a plate, they'll also be tired enough to foodnap, and AFAICT they will then foodnap literally forever, until either someone turns on a radio, you intervene using god powers, or it gets cold enough and their hunger is low enough that they freeze to death, or something similar (I haven't seen them die in any other way, but I've been more careful about checking up on them and waking them up if they are about to starve since then).  That probably isn't very useful if you want them over for actual social interaction, though.  IIRC, if you have them woohoo in bed in the traditional way (by relaxing and asking them to join, without ACR) and it is after a certain time of night, they will stay in the bed afterwards and sleep, too.  Asking them to stay the night might be required for that, now - I haven't done that for ages, because ACR is so much more convenient.

Simmistress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2011 February 07, 23:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the family fix hack you have here--bummer that it conflicts with Inteen, which I can't, won't live without.  It isn't the first time I've had to choose inteen instead of a shiny new hack I fallen for.  D--- you Inteen for being so freaking amazing!  And so conflicting!!  Anyway, thanks for everything--the hacks look amazing.  I may have to try out the buyable novel and the bookshelf fix.   Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: