More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:56:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Populating a holiday neighbourhhod???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Populating a holiday neighbourhhod???  (Read 15789 times)
janeyw
Populating a holiday neighbourhhod???
« on: 2009 March 06, 18:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem.  I know how to make townies and have seen many tutorials but.........what about vacations?  I know people like the tour guide seem to show up in all vacation neighbourhoods so was wondering if anyone could help solve my problem.  I have notownieregen, etc installed.

I want to make Lapland for Santa Clause for the kids.  I would like all the people in the hood to be Christmas styled.  Is this possible?  I mean can I do it without someone in Christmas attire showing up in Tikki?  I would want to use elves and similar sims too.

My method for changing them is very silly.  I tend to grab them with boolprop in shops and clubs and change their clothes and makeup there, I also put a plastic surgery unit in salons and grab them to change face shape etc.  I'm afraid I'm not completely educated in how to do them in simPE, which I still can't get to work properly on my PC and I haven't gone down the transporter route yet either, I did consider this.  I just want to know if they will crossover into my other vacation hoods.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Populating a holiday neighbourhhod???
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 06, 18:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The locals are subhood specific. Tourists are not...they go to all three holiday/vacation 'hoods.

What I have done in the past, the few times I've bothered with hobby neighborhoods, is create families of future locals. I name them, dress them, whathaveyou. Then move them all into an empty lot. Using the teleporter cat (see Simlogical, direct link) I add them to the locals for the subhood I want them in.

You'll also want to create your tourists. Remember that they are shared among the 'hoods, so you don't want to make them region-specific.

Necessary hacks: The teleporter linked above, notownieregen, and I believe antiredundancy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 06, 18:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't even have to bother with the tourists if you don't want them. Then any time you go on vacation, it will only be locals and the vacationing family.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 06, 20:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may need Argon's makelocal fix from the Peasantry if you want your vacation locals to have the appropriate skills and abilities, I don't know if that was ever fixed. The NPC gun used to have an option to make Sims into Tourists but it has since disappeared. When I used the teleporter cat it sent my tourists to an unused family instance and they didn't show up at my vacation neighborhoods. I ended up having to create the correct family instances and move the Sims into them with SimPE.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 06, 20:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you can technically give the sims of a vacation hood any attire?
I have always wanted to make a timetravel 40's vacation hood, but was stuck at the prospect of it being inhabited by lumberjacks.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 06, 21:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have used Argons Townie Brick too add my own Sims to locals. It works very fine. They knows the greetings. My question is then I make my own vacation subhood how I can create Locals Family only for this subhood ?
I wont to have Fear East from a game and my own China.
janeyw, is very simply to change a look off a non playable sims with Christianlov clothig rack from MTS2. It summon a sim, you can change look, clothing.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 06, 21:23:52 by Heli » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 07, 17:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What crack are you on? There's no Santa's Village. If you are talking about Bon Voyage (called Holiday in that weird Europe place), there is an island getaway, an Asian getaway, and a mountain getaway. These have locals and tourists.

Granted, I don't have either of the Holiday stuff packs, but nothing I can find on them indicates anything about a special destination. Stuff packs are item-only.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 07, 21:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure she's saying she wants to make a custom vacation destination that will be a kind of a Christmas Land, and she wants create a separate set of locals for that destination that will be dressed all North Pole-ish, with one Santa and lots of elves and whatever.  And she would like to know how she can make Santa be Santa-like, staying on just one lot instead of roaming the neighborhood like normal locals.  Am I close here, janeyw? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 08, 09:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you can technically give the sims of a vacation hood any attire?
It is possible to arbitrarily redress vacation townies in any manner you choose, yes. However, the vacation type will still be one of the 3 destinations.

I have always wanted to make a timetravel 40's vacation hood, but was stuck at the prospect of it being inhabited by lumberjacks.
Well, now it can be a timetravel 40s vacation hood inhabited by lumberjacks IN DISGUISE. It gets better: If you HAVE a regular lumberjacks destination, they will crosspollinate and you will get lumberjacks in ur base, chopping ur trees.

I'm pretty sure she's saying she wants to make a custom vacation destination that will be a kind of a Christmas Land, and she wants create a separate set of locals for that destination that will be dressed all North Pole-ish, with one Santa and lots of elves and whatever.  And she would like to know how she can make Santa be Santa-like, staying on just one lot instead of roaming the neighborhood like normal locals.  Am I close here, janeyw?
Physically possible, but not practical for the non-Awesome. You'd need to recode the townie spawner, form a new fambly of townies that will then be spawned, and somehow tag the hood. All this is doable. But not easy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 08, 10:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Physically possible, but not practical for the non-Awesome. You'd need to recode the townie spawner, form a new fambly of townies that will then be spawned, and somehow tag the hood. All this is doable. But not easy.

Wait--so if one were to create a new vacation destination, which is allowed in the game, if I remember correctly, and sent a family there on holiday, what kind of locals would get spawned?  (This is assuming one doesn't have anything that would prevent locals from being spawned in the first place.)  Would it be random, like you might get islanders or Asians or lumberjacks?  Even so, couldn't you then just change their clothes and edit their gesture tokens in SimPE?  Would it still require doing all that jazz you're talking about?  And if so, then why the hell did EAaxis allow the creation of a custom holiday hood anyway if it's so darn complicated? 
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 08, 11:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you create a custom vacation hood, you'll have to choose the type (asian/mountain/tropics), so it will determine what kind of attire the locals wear, the type of food served, the local gesture and dance.
I'm not sure, but probably the season, too.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 08, 18:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this weird Europe place we call it Bon Voyage too.

Except in Italy, where we speshul snowflakes call it "The Sims 2 World Adventure". Yes, in English. Why? No idea.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 08, 22:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except in Italy, where we speshul snowflakes call it "The Sims 2 World Adventure". Yes, in English. Why? No idea.

That sounds like a theme park ride.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 March 09, 00:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a theme park ride.

Bingo. WTF adventure is the slap dance??
But there's something worse; "Open for Business" is "Funky Business", here. Tongue

------
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 March 09, 00:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it Sims 1 version that was called Holiday? Vacation here in normal land, Holiday over in snooty land.*

*I honestly have nothing against Europe. 15/16ths of me is from there. I just don't get changing the titles of products if you're selling it in the same language.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 March 09, 13:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The seasons for each vacation hood are changeable, IIRC. They just default to suitable for each location. For example, the Mizu village has no winter and Three Lakes has no summer.

Totally doable to have an all Winter Three Lakes with elves and Santas if you want.

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 March 09, 14:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it Sims 1 version that was called Holiday? Vacation here in normal land, Holiday over in snooty land.*

*I honestly have nothing against Europe. 15/16ths of me is from there. I just don't get changing the titles of products if you're selling it in the same language.
Because 'Vacation' would have made no sense. The English call vacations 'Holidays' and probably wouldn't have known what it meant.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 March 10, 05:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because 'Vacation' would have made no sense. The English call vacations 'Holidays' and probably wouldn't have known what it meant.
Kiwis don't often use the word vacation, but we know what it means. We had the Vacation EP here.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 March 11, 17:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you understand how the in-game Santa works. There are no visits from the kiddies. So commerical vs. residental won't make a difference.

Although, the only lots you're going to have in a vacation hood are hotels and community lots....

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 March 11, 17:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah we do understand what it means, unless American English is a foreign language.  The only problem we have with the American style of English is their incorrect spellings. 
However, 'vacation' is not a word used commonly for that usage in England- everyone I know calls a vacation a holiday. Vacation may be a valid word (and an ancient word), but to market a game title that may not be understood by the target is risky. It's like calling a bumper a fender or a pavement a sidewalk- I understand and you understand, but would my mother or a twelve year old?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 March 11, 18:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I would understand both of those alternatives. I actually was raised calling a bumper a bumper. I knew fender, but the local customs had it as bumper. Pavement and sidewalk are interchangeable...we used both. I also am not confused by using holiday for vacation, but I'm not sure that would be true of all Americans. It would of course be confusing to everyone with the addition of the Happy Holiday packs.

Yeah we do understand what it means, unless American English is a foreign language.  The only problem we have with the American style of English is their incorrect spellings. 
Nah, American English is just more evolved.  Wink I actually prefer some British spellings to the American. It just depends.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 March 11, 18:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Around here (Ottawa) the sidewalk is the pedestrian part on the sides of the street, while pavement is the category of material out of which the sidewalk is made (=concrete or asphalt).

I learned pavement=sidewalk from living elsewhere in the world when I was a 6, 12, and 18.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 March 11, 18:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Around here (Ottawa) the sidewalk is the pedestrian part on the sides of the street, while pavement is the category of material out of which the sidewalk is made (=concrete or asphalt).

I learned pavement=sidewalk from living elsewhere in the world when I was a 6, 12, and 18.

And where would that be? *Takes notes in her Little Miss Det. Baratron(TM) notebook*

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 March 11, 22:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To vacate is to leave e.g. to get up out of a seat = to vacate the seat or to vacate the premises.  Point I was making is that we do understand and by the way, I'm Scottish, not English and, no, Scotland isn't in England, lol

I have to wonder how many people would have been seriously confused though that they called it Bon Voyage, I mean, after all by the reasoning I've seen here only French people would understand that.  Have to admit, I've never heard it being called holiday or vacation before.  You're right, they shouldn't call it by a French word eh?  haha

*Wonders* so a day off work inb the states, is that a public vacation.  My american friends seem to say public holiday for some reason.  I think we can say that we all understand all of the words.
Yes, we all know the definition of vacation- the point I was making was "'vacation' is not a word used commonly for that usage in England", meaning 'in that context'. In fact, the word 'vacation' is more commonly used in England in the context of 'to empty', so where I grew up it was generally used to describe defacation. 'Has your dog vacated today?' is a question that my vet might use. Cheesy So many farming communities in England would be far more likely to buy something called 'The Sims 2 Bon Voyage' (which must be good, 'cos it's French) than 'The Sims 2 vacation', which sounds like poo. And I am English- I live to the West of the country. I have never heard anyone in this country ask where I'm going for my vacation, or my winter holiday. They always ask "Where you goin' for your summer holiday?" or, "What you doin' for Christmas?" It may be different where you live, which is a foreign country.  Grin
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 March 11, 23:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the states there are federal holidays, were almost everyone gets off work.

You observe holidays. (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Kwanzaa, etc)

You go on vacation. (BRB, Costa Rica)

So basically, you celebrate holidays, you go on vacations.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: