More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 18:43:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Not all custom content is showing up and corruption
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not all custom content is showing up and corruption  (Read 8167 times)
Lela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Not all custom content is showing up and corruption
« on: 2009 March 04, 03:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

I own all the main game and all expansions. I think the term is "aard"?? the stuff packs. I patched everthing and cracked the last game. custom content is enabled. I tried to delete group.cache.
I am running on an admin account. I cracked and then played after each one that had suckyrom on it.

A couple of days ago I installed a tool call sims2 clean installer. I installed lots and sims. I did not install anything into the game before this but I did unlock 3 special files that eaxis had created for pets. The dalmatian with the stars coat, the purple coat for dogs and the cat. I unlocked these back when I installed seasons.

so when I installed the sim clean install tool(after I installed all games and stuff packs) I noticed installed lots show up in the bin but installed sims do not.
custom content for the sims can be found in the bodyshop but no sim appears in the people bin.

I uninstalled clean install tool and I still can see my installed sims. The Download folder is full. Custom content is enabled. I can see the homes but not the sims.
The special coat to unlock for dogs is corrupted. when I select it, some dog is colored purple but not all. The stared dalmatian coat is fine and I never checked the unlocked cat.

I deleted groups cache under documents eagames sims folder.

Do I have to reinstall everygame?  And if I do, can I keep a sims and house I created in the game?
Is there an easy fix?

One more thing. Some people had suggested removing the custom content out of the downloads folder and then replacing it.

I did this but before I replaced it I entered the game. The homes I downloaded were still availabe but when I exited the game the icons for all the previous expansions and stuffpacks were missing the image. When I added the downloads back the icons returned to normal.

Does the download folder have stuff installed by the game on default? I thought this folder only contained items a player installed?

I believe I made a back up in seasons but should I to be on the safe side reinstall all? or is there one or two games to reinstall?

Thank You in advance.  Smiley
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Not all custom content is showing up and corruption
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 04, 09:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so when I installed the sim clean install tool(after I installed all games and stuff packs) I noticed installed lots show up in the bin but installed sims do not.
custom content for the sims can be found in the bodyshop but no sim appears in the people bin.
You mean the bin in CAS, or in the neighborhood screen where families show up after you create them?  Installed sims should show up in the first, but not the second.

As I understand, with Clean Installer, you can choose which parts of a custom content package to install.  Are you sure you installed the "sim" part and not just the stuff the sim is wearing?  Just covering the bases. Smiley

I uninstalled clean install tool and I still can see my installed sims. The Download folder is full. Custom content is enabled. I can see the homes but not the sims.
The special coat to unlock for dogs is corrupted. when I select it, some dog is colored purple but not all. The stared dalmatian coat is fine and I never checked the unlocked cat.
Where can see your installed sims -- somewhere in game, in bodyshop, or just as files in your downloads folder?

I'm not sure what you mean about the purple either -- some parts of the dog are purple, but not the whole dog?  or some dogs will show purple, but others will not? 
Lela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 04, 14:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean the bin in CAS, or in the neighborhood screen where families show up after you create them?  Installed sims should show up in the first, but not the second.

As I understand, with Clean Installer, you can choose which parts of a custom content package to install.  Are you sure you installed the "sim" part and not just the stuff the sim is wearing?  Just covering the bases. Smiley

I mean the screen where families and homes show up when you can just simply select a sim or a house and add them to the game. I don't know what CAS means.
I selected the entire Sim not just the custom content.

Where can see your installed sims -- somewhere in game, in bodyshop, or just as files in your downloads folder?

I'm not sure what you mean about the purple either -- some parts of the dog are purple, but not the whole dog?  or some dogs will show purple, but others will not? 

I can see some  of the content for the Sims like skin, eyes, and hair in the body shop.
I mean there is a special purple coat that you have to go into the game options and unlock with a code. This coat turns a dog entirely purple. I was able to do this before this glitch but now when you select a dog and use the unlocked purple coat some of the dog turns purple like the head but not the body where as before it was the entire dog.

One other glitch I noticed has occurred. I can't delete some of the custom content in the body shop. Example: I was always able to delete the custom content directly in the game like the eyes, hair, and skin tone...etc  when I opened the bodyshop but now I can only delete some of it like the hair by clicking on the little trash can and then the custom hair. I can't do this with the eyes or the skin tone, or the makeup.
bekka
Blathering Buffoon

Now with 10% more visibility!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 04, 14:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims you download will only show up in CAS (Create a Sim) area.  You have to create a family yourself and choose a premade sim from here.  They do not show up in the Sims bin on the main screen.

This must be what going mad feels like.
Lela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 04, 17:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims you download will only show up in CAS (Create a Sim) area.  You have to create a family yourself and choose a premade sim from here.  They do not show up in the Sims bin on the main screen.

I am surprised about that because when I downloaded sims before and installed them, they would show up in the bin and I could select them. I believe the last time I downloaded a sims was when I had the University exp.

Okay, something is still wrong. When I go to the CAS area my sims are in pieces. They are not complete.  I mean there is a Sim with the icon that means it is custom but it doesn't look like the Sim I downloaded. I can select the eyes and hair and skin tone but I am know it is supposed to come in one part. What happened?
bekka
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 04, 18:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly?  The picture of the sim you downloaded may have been photoshopped to looked better than it really is.  I've downloaded hundreds of sims, and probably 60% of them do not look like they do on the websites.  And that's probably a low estimate.

Your system specs may also be different from the persons who made the sim, and therefore your system may render the sim differently then theirs.

There are many reasons it may not look the same, and there is probably not a thing you can do.  I just delete them and look for the next one and hope it's better.

Lela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 04, 20:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly?  The picture of the sim you downloaded may have been photoshopped to looked better than it really is.  I've downloaded hundreds of sims, and probably 60% of them do not look like they do on the websites.  And that's probably a low estimate.

Your system specs may also be different from the persons who made the sim, and therefore your system may render the sim differently then theirs.

There are many reasons it may not look the same, and there is probably not a thing you can do.  I just delete them and look for the next one and hope it's better.

Thank You for your response and help but I remember when I used to download some would not come out exactly right but many would be on point. I am getting 0% coming out right. This is not normal and I am also having problems with the unlocked purple fur. The entire dog turned purple when using it and now it is just some of the dog. I am going to reinstall the games. I wish I could roll it back a week but I didn't do a save.

Updated. I tried one more thing. I removed all the content in the download folder and then restarted my pc. Then I added just one sim and then restarted the game.  When the game started up there was no screen that said to enable or disable custom content. The game options showed custom content is on. But then I exited the game and added  bonus content that you got when you bought one of the expansion packs. I restarted the game and then the custom content screen appeared asking you enable or disable the custom content.

« Last Edit: 2009 March 04, 20:27:30 by Lela » Logged
bekka
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 04, 20:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you add the sim to the downloads folder, or to the saved sims folder?  Unless it was to the downloads folder, I don't believe it's considered custom content and so will not bring up the dialog.

I can't comment on the dog fur, as I don't use them.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 04, 20:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, my experience is that the custom content dialog only cares about objects and hacks.  I don't think I've seen bodyshop content listed in at all.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 04, 21:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, something is still wrong. When I go to the CAS area my sims are in pieces. They are not complete.  I mean there is a Sim with the icon that means it is custom but it doesn't look like the Sim I downloaded. I can select the eyes and hair and skin tone but I am know it is supposed to come in one part. What happened?
I am making a wild guess, but can Clean Installer install things this way (in pieces, rather than "put together")??  I use a Mac and don't have Clean Installer so I don't know for sure.

Does the Sim show up in one piece if you install it using the regular Sims2PackInstaller?

One other glitch I noticed has occurred. I can't delete some of the custom content in the body shop. [...]  I can only delete some of it like the hair by clicking on the little trash can and then the custom hair. I can't do this with the eyes or the skin tone, or the makeup.
Do you mean you can't delete ANY eyes, skintones, or makeup?  That is odd.  If it is just some files, is it possible they are set to read-only?  Also, if they are default replacements, you will not be able to delete them in-game.

This coat turns a dog entirely purple. I was able to do this before this glitch but now when you select a dog and use the unlocked purple coat some of the dog turns purple like the head but not the body where as before it was the entire dog.
I don't know if it will help, but could you provide a picture of what the dog looks like with the "partial" purple coat?

My first thought is that it might be a problem with the wrong "layer" of coat being selected, or the opacity, but it's hard to say without seeing it.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 04, 21:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't delete eyes and skintones in CAS either. I can, however, do it as usual in BodyShop. I'm still thinking it's some bug feature of one of the latest EP/SPs.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Lela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 04, 21:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you add the sim to the downloads folder, or to the saved sims folder?  Unless it was to the downloads folder, I don't believe it's considered custom content and so will not bring up the dialog.

I can't comment on the dog fur, as I don't use them.

Yes, I added to the Sims download folder. I can't quite figure out what is going on. Maybe I should load the games in order. But I don't think that really matters.

Okay Rufio, I add a couple of Sims and houses at the same time so maybe the custom content was detected from the houses. I thought the clothes, hair, makeup, etc were custom content the game recognized.
Lela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 04, 22:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't delete eyes and skintones in CAS either. I can, however, do it as usual in BodyShop. I'm still thinking it's some bug feature of one of the latest EP/SPs.

I am now wondering also you might be right.

Sudaki I was able to do this but now it is not working. I haven't installed I think since University and I just tried a couple of days ago. But I haven't tried as I added on new expansions and stuff packs. I wonder if something was incompatible and this is the result.
bekka
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 March 04, 23:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting makeup and such in CAS was disabled in one of the latest expansions, (Freetime maybe?).

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 March 04, 23:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clean installer will by default install sims to the Downloads folder for some reason. You have to change the path when you install them with it to get them into SavedSims, where you can then find them in CAS.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Lela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 March 05, 04:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks bekka. I don't know why they did that I think it should still be an option.

I didn't figure out the problem but I solved my problem. I decided to reinstall the program and played with it but it still didn't work so I deleted the program using an uninstaller program. I deleted group.cache and all of the downloads in my download folder. I deleted my recycle bin and rebooted. When I restarted, I reinstalled the game and just added two sims and when I went to the CAS it worked. I think the uninstaller program and deleting everything and then rebooting rest the game for me.

Thank You morriganrant. I will try this next time to see if anything different happens.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: