More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 07:15:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Former apartment inhabitants WILL NOT LEAVE.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Former apartment inhabitants WILL NOT LEAVE.  (Read 4618 times)
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Former apartment inhabitants WILL NOT LEAVE.
« on: 2009 March 04, 00:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPs, TSS and GLS.

A while ago, I moved two Sims out of an apartment building. One I returned to the townie pool from whence he came, the other I moved in with another family. Everything is working just fine for the Sim in the other family now, but whenever I play that apartment building with another family who lives there, those two Sims that I moved out are still there. They don't have an apartment anymore--they just loiter. There is no option to ask them to leave, and I have tried fixing bad apartment residencies to no avail. They just hang around lying on the hammock, letting their motives drain. I don't care if the townie dies, really, but the playable has a life still.

Is there any way to get them to leave the lot?

CandyToast
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP/INTJ Half C-3P0, Half evil genius

View Profile
Re: Former apartment inhabitants WILL NOT LEAVE.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 04, 00:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use a mod that "deletes all visitors" like the teleporter shrub. The other apartments haven't 'registered' their move out.

"The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions"
Fold Spindle Mutilate!
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 04, 01:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I had that happen on one of my uni apartment lots, but I typically have everything bar beds in the common area (especially so in this one, which was actually built as a dorm) so I didn't really notice any motive drains. Certainly neither of them died. I actually used it later on to move their old townie roommate over to the other flat, via 'propose... be roommate'.

I have everything except TSS, Ikea, M&G, if that makes any difference.

I think I tried clearing everyone off with the teleporter cat (but I'm not sure about that) and the residents certainly had moved back to the main hood, and had actually been played since. The woman kept showing up pregnant, which she certainly hadn't been when leaving uni.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 04, 01:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some sims that I had moved out of an apartment who actually continued to live in the apartment while I was playing a neighbor.  I deleted them with move_objects, and that seemed to fix it - the apartment went dark, some townie came to claim it, and I never saw them loitering around the lot after that.  It was the same thing I did to get rid of an un-dismissable nanny who somehow tagged along when I moved a family out of one house and into another.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 04, 02:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they are reading in the hammock, they might be stuck there.  I have had many sims freeze in a position of reading a book, and if it is a playable lot, I have to quit without saving, and if it is a community lot, delete.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 04, 14:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done it two different ways.  One was to invite them on a casual outing, take them to a community lot, and dump them.  The other was to delete them with moveobjects on.  Both ways work.  The second is easier.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
VacantBlue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 04, 18:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually have the same issue.  Deleting the offenders with "moveobjects on" worked for that play session; however, they returned during a later session (after exiting the game entirely and re-entering the apartment lot).

I continue to delete the offenders each time I play the apartment complex.  All of Sims show back up at the apartment complex and won't leave.  They lived in different apartments and have since married, moved into a single family home and have children.  One of the apartments is still occupied by another playable and the other apartment complex is now occupied by a townie.

I just assumed that the apartment building was borked.  It was one of the buildings that shipped with the game.

I haven't noticed this on my other apartment lots.  On the other hand, I don't play apartment lots often; so, it could simply be that I didn't notice it on the other lots.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 04, 18:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine don't come back.  Maybe it's because I "Fix Bad Apartment Residencies" with the batbox after I delete them?  I don't know.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
VacantBlue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 04, 19:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine don't come back.  Maybe it's because I "Fix Bad Apartment Residencies" with the batbox after I delete them?  I don't know.

I do that, too.  Still they come back.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 05, 01:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa, I forgot I made this thread. Thanks for the moveobjects idea--I'm surprised I didn't think of that.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: