More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 20:23:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Getting Ready to Update the Wrangler, taking feature requests
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Getting Ready to Update the Wrangler, taking feature requests  (Read 26333 times)
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Getting Ready to Update the Wrangler, taking feature requests
« Reply #25 on: 2009 March 04, 20:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ability to insert the file name as tooltip in one click would still be a wonderful addition.

I third that.... please  Cheesy
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 March 04, 22:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Binning facial hair and eyebrows in a manner similar to binning Hair would be awesome. They are genetics after all.

On that subject, is it possible to townie-fy eyebrows and facial hair or would just binning them work? Anyone know? I admit that I haven't taken the time to try to bin them and am wondering if I should take the time to bother. I use Mirablu's Facial hair for townies hack and am curious if that would include any custom ones I bothered to bin, that would give me more incentive to do the rest ...I'm not sure how that hack does it though.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2009 March 04, 22:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Binning facial hair and eyebrows in a manner similar to binning Hair would be awesome. They are genetics after all.

On that subject, is it possible to townie-fy eyebrows and facial hair or would just binning them work? Anyone know? I admit that I haven't taken the time to try to bin them and am wondering if I should take the time to bother. I use Mirablu's Facial hair for townies hack and am curious if that would include any custom ones I bothered to bin, that would give me more incentive to do the rest ...I'm not sure how that hack does it though.

Facial hair and eyebrows can be both binned and townified, yes--there's a thread around here someplace on the subject.  An issue with that is that damn near every single guy generates with facial hair if you do it.  (I fixed this in my own game by making a bunch of invisible townified facial hair so many dudes look like they don't have any.)  For the record, you can also townify glasses and other accessories, which then turn up less annoyingly often for some reason.  Doing all of the above makes an enormous difference in the variety of Sims you get in CAS.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 March 04, 22:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Facial hair and eyebrows can be both binned and townified, yes--there's a thread around here someplace on the subject.  An issue with that is that damn near every single guy generates with facial hair if you do it.  (I fixed this in my own game by making a bunch of invisible townified facial hair so many dudes look like they don't have any.)  For the record, you can also townify glasses and other accessories, which then turn up less annoyingly often for some reason.  Doing all of the above makes an enormous difference in the variety of Sims you get in CAS.

Ahhh, thank you for answering my question. While it is distressing that so many spawn with facial hair, I think that I could deal with that and just open up a nice beauty parlor downtown for that purpose. Shave and an Hair cut, two bits.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 March 05, 14:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a setting allowing you to set a hair color to Custom as well as the standard Red\Brown\Black\Blond\Grey? There are quite a few hair colors that should rightfully be under Custom but are under black instead, like a hot pink or neon green. Does the wardrobe wrangle remove hair from certain ages as well? Like how some hair styles do not have a child, and need that age state removed so that you do not have 20 freaking maxis meshes as placeholders. If it doesn't, could it do that? I admit that I use Simpe primarily for hair at the moment because of that custom issue.
This was actually in the first version but removed because it didn't work. I have yet to find a way to fix this problem properly. The way I was trying to go about doing it was creating a new, random bin ID number, but this did not function properly, at least in my tests. If anyone has ideas about how to properly go about doing this, I can implement it.

Un-awesome speaking up here, but the Maxis custom hairs are binned as 00000006-0000-0000-0000-000000000000. I've binned a few hairs manually using this, myself, and it works fine. Also prevents them from showing up in CAS (available from mirror only), which may be a good or bad thing, depending on your point of view (I think it's a good thing, I don't want custom hair to be genetic).

Another suggestion: a file-opening system that remembers which folder you opened last, or ability to select several folders at once - especially for the mass-townify function? I have many clothes split up in separate folders and it's a pain to open each and every one.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 March 05, 21:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Un-awesome speaking up here, but the Maxis custom hairs are binned as 00000006-0000-0000-0000-000000000000. I've binned a few hairs manually using this, myself, and it works fine. Also prevents them from showing up in CAS (available from mirror only), which may be a good or bad thing, depending on your point of view (I think it's a good thing, I don't want custom hair to be genetic).

Well that is interesting to know. seems like a good idea for certain dyed versions of hairs I have(where the textures look like they have streaks). Can't say that I'd want to do that with ALL of my custom hair however.

Theo's plugin for Simpe bin hairs as custom, what does it bin them to?
« Last Edit: 2009 March 05, 22:31:59 by morriganrant » Logged

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2009 March 05, 23:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do use WW.  Would love to have a batch mode.  Let me select multiple files, for example 20 outfits, and do the same thing to all of them, for example, set their category to outerwear.  This is what I primarily use WW for, and it takes me a while to do them individually.  If WW already has batch mode and I just haven't figured out how to use it, I'll feel pretty silly. Wink

Duplicate texture removal would be handy.  As AmberDiceless mentioned, I am working on this.  I can remove dupes from individual files, but I cannot yet find duplicates that may be used by several files, put them in just one file, and make the other files link to it.  That's planned for the future.  If you would rather tackle this project and incorporate it into WW, I have no problem with that.  If my source would be of use to you, I'll share it.  It's not up yet because I don't consider it polished enough yet to share, but if you want it, you can have it.
You have a PM. Smiley

Since it seems our last chance, I'll likely have quite a few more suggestions.
- Setting skintone genetic value still does not work for me: moving the slider causes error (System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format), and overwriting the genetic value does not move the slider, nor does it get saved. 
- Support for image sizes 812x1623, 128x256, 512x128, 256x128. And maybe instead of the pop-up window at an unsupported image size, just a window or image that does not have to be clicked to go on?
- Ability to enlarge the file list window, or even to scroll left and right to see file names even in recursive mode. 
- Ability to remove unneeded (non-duplicate) texture files would be lovely. Like the two in each Liana accessory with white spots against black background.
Yeah, I want to fix the genetic slider issue eventually. When you move the slider and the text box is updated, what does it say? That or can you copy and paste the exact error in a PM or something?
Who on Earth uses 812x1623? Talk about non-standard. I can change the popup to just be status window text or something.
If you maximize the Wrangler window the file list will increase in size. I can see about adding the horizontal scroll as well.
That's something I'm working on, possibly anyhow... We'll see...

I'd like the ability to remove "townify" from clothes also.

I accidentally townified a pair of pants by fanseelamb that are cut very low to be worn with long shirts. They look utterly ridiculous with regular shirts which of course will be chosen by the game for the tops. I ended up deleting the file and re-downloading it.
Can be done, I believe. Will have to look into this.

The ability to change the tooltip field would be cool too. For those accessories that you cannot see in the thumbnail preview.
You should be able to do this already, unless I'm misunderstanding.

The ability to insert the file name as tooltip in one click would still be a wonderful addition.
That was one of the things I wanted to do, but never got around to doing. I'm going to have to make some keyboard shortcuts for some of this stuff. Tongue

This was originally disabled for security, but I can re-enable it.

Another suggestion: a file-opening system that remembers which folder you opened last, or ability to select several folders at once - especially for the mass-townify function? I have many clothes split up in separate folders and it's a pain to open each and every one.
Interesting. At the least, this can be added as a new option.

Re: the file opening/remembering system, that can possibly be done. However, you don't have to open all the folders separately. Check the recursive box. Tongue

Well that is interesting to know. seems like a good idea for certain dyed versions of hairs I have(where the textures look like they have streaks). Can't say that I'd want to do that with ALL of my custom hair however.

Theo's plugin for Simpe bin hairs as custom, what does it bin them to?
I have no idea, that's probably what I'm going to have to look into to find out. Or I'll PM him. Or he can post here. Whichever happens first. Tongue

Side point: Any of you programming-type peoples out there (I know you lurk around here! Tongue), would you be interested in helping out with this? If so, shoot me a PM. I'm thinking of opening this up and making it more open to multiple contributors.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 March 05, 23:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use WW regularly.

I would agree with the removing extra textures from hair mentioned above.

Would it be possible to also create a sorting mechanism to search all recolors of a particular mesh and move them to the same folder/subfolder or even delete them? 

How about a create-a-collection ability for CAS items (ie. so we make custom collection file to include clothes, hair, makeup, accessories etc.)?

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
WandersFar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 March 06, 00:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new feature I would love to see is the ability to set sort index numbers.

I would like this, too. Besides giving you the ability to group all similar clothing items together, you could also group all similar hairstyles together. Then a user could switch between different types of, e.g., ponytails without a lot of scrolling through the catalog. Or recolors of a hair mesh made by different creators at different dates could be listed close to each other, instead of at opposite ends of the catalog.
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 March 06, 00:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I want to fix the genetic slider issue eventually. When you move the slider and the text box is updated, what does it say? That or can you copy and paste the exact error in a PM or something?
Who on Earth uses 812x1623? Talk about non-standard. I can change the popup to just be status window text or something.
If you maximize the Wrangler window the file list will increase in size. I can see about adding the horizontal scroll as well.
That's something I'm working on, possibly anyhow... We'll see...
Error message sent in PM.
812x1623 necklaces are by a creator called Elynia at www.elynia.it. Now you know Smiley Changing the popup to simple text or whatever would be most helpful.
So would a horizontal scroll. Longer folder names plus longer file names do not fit in even the maximised WW file list window in recursive mode.
Also, maybe you would reconsider giving up on the function to upgrade to BV destinations? The method described by Captain Swooptie in your old thread (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9516.0.html) certainly works with SimPE. Standard BV upgrade works already in WW, and the only difference would be the Instance number in the 3DIR Collection field. I even tried upgrading stuff to BV with WW and then changing this number, but WW must change something else as well, as it does not work that way.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2009 March 07, 02:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, so I've created a Google Code project for this...

http://code.google.com/p/wardrobewrangler/

Don't laugh at the code. Tongue

I'm in the process of adding feature requests to the issues tracker now. Please add any other suggestions you have (as well as ones I've missed) and I'll review them.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 March 07, 03:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado laughs at Jfade's code.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2009 March 07, 03:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado laughs at Jfade's code.
I expected as much. Tongue

When I update it this time around I plan on making it much more organized and not so stupid.

lilydawn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 March 07, 04:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't create but I still want to sort out what I download.  Unfortunately, probably because I don't create, I can't make any sense of most of the flattened skins and hair.  Would it be possible to include the thumbnail that I see in the CAS?  Using WW takes me a long time because I spend a lot of it staring at the screen like a backward monkey and I'm never entirely sure what I've accomplished until I open the game again.  I've made a few very bed mistakes.

On a possibly related note:  I've seen several hacks that hide certain Maxi skins but they never match what I want to hide (I hate the gorilla suits) and usually hide at least one set I want to keep (I like the baby bear suits).  I can't find any tutorials on how to hide them myself.  Could this be an adjunct to WW?

Are you going to do a version of WW for Sims3?
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2009 March 07, 04:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't create but I still want to sort out what I download.  Unfortunately, probably because I don't create, I can't make any sense of most of the flattened skins and hair.  Would it be possible to include the thumbnail that I see in the CAS?  Using WW takes me a long time because I spend a lot of it staring at the screen like a backward monkey and I'm never entirely sure what I've accomplished until I open the game again.  I've made a few very bed mistakes.
Not at this point. How the thumbnail hash is generated is a yet-unsolved problem, so I can't pull thumbnails for the game. This wouldn't help for clothing that you've not installed yet anyhow.

On a possibly related note:  I've seen several hacks that hide certain Maxi skins but they never match what I want to hide (I hate the gorilla suits) and usually hide at least one set I want to keep (I like the baby bear suits).  I can't find any tutorials on how to hide them myself.  Could this be an adjunct to WW?
At this point I'm going to have to say no to this request, that's far beyond the current scope of what is currently available.

Are you going to do a version of WW for Sims3?
Perhaps. Is CC going to work the same in the sims 3? Who knows! Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 March 07, 04:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I expected as much. Tongue

When I update it this time around I plan on making it much more organized and not so stupid.
Actually, I didn't really look at it, I just laughed at it because you told me not to. Therefore, I figured that rather than investing the time to specifically find out why I should laugh at it, I would just take your word for it that something existed to be laughed at, and laugh at it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 March 07, 08:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: the file opening/remembering system, that can possibly be done. However, you don't have to open all the folders separately. Check the recursive box. Tongue

Oh... duh. I did wonder what the recursive box was for.  Tongue Well, thank you. I shall complain no more. Smiley
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 March 11, 13:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more thing: it would be nice if the 'open in SimPE' button did not open a new copy of SimPE every time. It could just open the file in SimPE if the programme is already running. 
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 March 20, 23:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, discovered something else. What is it about using the wardrobe wrangler to change the hair bin that makes it so that Delphi's download organizer doesn't register that it's changed bins. I use it to sort all of my hair into Brown, Blond, Black so that I can go through each folder and make sure that what they are is actually Brown, Blond, Black. When you change the bin with Simpe, this is reflected the next time you scan the files with DDO, with the wardrobe wrangler it does not.

Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 March 23, 13:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do use WW.  Would love to have a batch mode.  Let me select multiple files, for example 20 outfits, and do the same thing to all of them, for example, set their category to outerwear.  This is what I primarily use WW for, and it takes me a while to do them individually.  If WW already has batch mode and I just haven't figured out how to use it, I'll feel pretty silly. Wink

I second this.  I mostly use WW to townify everything I download, and it's kind of a nuisance going through every single file.
Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 March 23, 17:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfade, I found the tutorial for giving hair the correct eyebrow color. You only have to change one setting in the Hair Tone XML:
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=165931
Hope this helps Smiley
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 March 24, 12:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once a hair is binned, the correct eyebrow colour will come automatically. No?
WandersFar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 March 24, 16:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two feature suggestions:

1. A "Hide Me" button for custom content, that would change the appropriate flags with one click. Useful for items you want in game, but don't want cluttering up the catalog, or dependent defaults, which replace, e.g., Maxis skintones, but leave a copy of themselves in the catalog.

2. A "Bin Filter" for the various accessory and hair bin numbers the WW applies to custom content. That way, one could see quickly if items have been misbinned, e.g., earrings using the left ankle bin number, or hats using the shoulders bin number, etc. Should make it faster to narrow down problem files.
Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 March 24, 17:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, sadly it does not pick the right eyebrow color automatically. I found out after someone emailed me, asking about it.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2009 March 24, 20:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, sadly it does not pick the right eyebrow color automatically. I found out after someone emailed me, asking about it.

Not sure (I could not find any information on the subject when I looked) but I think Theo's color binning tool does automatically set eyebrow color.  At least I've never noticed mismatches after using it.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: