More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:33:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim MIA. Is it the beginning of the end?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim MIA. Is it the beginning of the end?  (Read 4949 times)
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Sim MIA. Is it the beginning of the end?
« on: 2009 March 02, 11:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I was looking at a family tree in SimPE, and I noticed that the oldest daughter was missing.  I couldn't find her anywhere with SimBrowser - living, dead, or otherwise.  Last time I played her, she and her husband had just had a baby.  Looking at her husband's family, only he and the baby showed up.  Attempts to look at his family tree crashed SimPE.  Attempts to enter that family in the game crashed the game.

I back up daily, so I went through said backups and finally found her in the Friday night file.  In backups after that, her charater file is missing.

Is it worth going back to the Friday night backup and playing from there, or is the neighborhood doomed to become a BFBVFS?

ETA:  I decided to go back to an even earlier back-up.  I tried to think what I might have done that could have affected things.  The only thing I could think was that a) I had Creon Nigmos take a zombie cure I got from MTS2, and b) I resurrected his wife, Willow, as a normal

I know, I know, necromancy is bad, but Olive Specter wanted to raise Creon up as a zombie early in the game after she became an evil witch, and I obliged her.  He's a family Sim, and he was miserable all the time because NONE of the women would date him, so I decided eventually to cure him.  As for the cure, syberspunk seemed to have gone over the mod and helped the creator a bit, so I felt like that meant it might be okay.   My gal Ginger disappeared after I resurrected Willow, so I went back to the point in the game before I cured Creon.  Once he finishes raising the Newsome hoarde, maybe he'll be eaten by a cow plant or something.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 02, 23:16:49 by phyllis_p » Logged

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Sim MIA. Is it the beginning of the end?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 02, 23:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm wait, those dead sims are seriously borked: they lack charachter files and even worse stuff. You shouldn't touch them with a ten feet pole. I wouldn't be surprised if the borkiness that happened in your hood had been triggered by this kind of stuff :/.

Still don't know if the neighborhood is doomed or not; that's why I didn't reply earlier to your post.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 03, 02:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a pre-resurrection backup, use it! You cannot resurrect EAxis created dead sims.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 03, 03:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Request for clarification:  I thought it's just the base-game pre-deads that aren't supposed to be rezzed?  I remember reading somewhere that later EP pre-deads were OK to rez.  Is that right?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 03, 03:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 03, 15:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't want to go all the way back to before Creon was ressurected -- may as well start over in that case -- so I went back to before I cured him of zombieism.  Things seem to be going smoothly enough now.  If the neighborhood does self-destruct at some point, that's fine.  I've been thinking of doing an uber-hood anyway.

My take on resurrection:  the dead who have no character files or who are unlinked aren't offered for resurrection.  The ones who are linked and have character files will show up if the person looking to do the resurrecting knew them in life.  Sometimes their DNA is incomplete, but most of Strangetown is like that.  It's something easily fixed with SimPE.  If you resurrect Vickie Sims from Olive's graveyard, you'll find she has a man's voice and pees standing up.  That can be fixed with SimPE, too.  I've resurrected some of these folks in past iterations of Strangetown, with no problems.  I'm not sure if resurrecting Willow actually caused the problem this time, but given that Ginger disappeared  in the save I did after Willow was resurrected, it seemed reasonable that the possibility of a causal relationship was there, though it cannot be proven.

I've also resurrected the Tricou family from Downtown before without problems.  Could be I don't play the neighborhoods long enough to get problems, though.  I usually get bored with them after all the originating Sims die, somewhere around the 3rd generation.

Thanks for all your input, y'all.  Much appreciated.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 11, 02:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You cannot resurrect EAxis created dead sims.
I turned the Cordial sisters into witches; and Kimberly married a townie, Armand DeBateau.  Via "Cast Spell," the sisters have the option to resurrect their parents and grandparents; and Armand has the same option via the Genie.  The parents and grandparents were already long dead and don't have tombstones.  So why did stupid EAxis give us those options if it's not safe?  Angry

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 11, 02:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You cannot resurrect EAxis created dead sims.
So why did stupid EAxis give us those options if it's not safe?  Angry
Ask rather when has EAxis given us the option to do anything (move sims between neighborhoods, turn Crumplebottom into a vampire, get the Social Worker as your blind date) that WAS safe?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: