More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:45:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Clean and fixed Uber-Megahood! OUTDATED!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clean and fixed Uber-Megahood! OUTDATED!  (Read 136305 times)
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Clean and fixed Uber-Megahood! FINISHED!
« Reply #100 on: 2009 April 11, 21:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3. User reported a problem with Johnny Smith getting married. Quote:

Johnny Smith was sent to college where he fell in love and got engaged to a girl there.  Well, he graduates gets to his new house and he can't marry his girl LOL nothing I did helped, propose marriage didn't even pop up.  So finally after enough tinkering with it I went through SimPE and changed it so he (and the girl) aren't engaged anymore.
She isn't playable she is just a random dormie.  When he had moved into his home and invited her over there was no option for Propose- Move in at all neither was there an option for marriage.

Has anyone else had something like this? It sounds vaguely familiar, I'll do some searching, but I'd like to know if anyone else had this sort of problem with this hood.

That sounds like the old "dormie isn't an adult yet, duh" problem. Did the user have the relationship high enough (if the sim fell in love freshman year, ignored the other sim, and tried to marry her later the relationship may not have been high enough...). Have them try the teleporter or something similar to force move in/grow up.
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 April 11, 22:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you be interested in it?

Very much so.  I was looking for this type of repacement a few days ago.

I'll try to have it up in a day or two.

crunk - It could be that. I can't answer the question, but I hope the user with the problem is following the thread.

Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 April 12, 01:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a similar issue with another dormie. Vidcund got his perfect match from the gypsy matchmaker, a YA the lucky old man. There was no move in option even after getting them in love and the relationship high. So I used Inges teleporter to move her in. She did not transition to adult. Even getting her a job and having her leave for work did not change her. As far as the info panel was concerned she was still a freshman. I just did not save, not knowing how to fix this. I probably should have played her for a few days to see if the issue would self correct, but didn't.
Vidcund gets to live without love......sad but that's life  Wink
I have yet to play anyone through Uni to see if this dormie issue is widespread or not.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 April 12, 06:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have the option to ask a YA to move into the main hood, I would suggest going to your University and moving them into a lot there, making them a playable character. At that point you can choose to either have them finish college or drop out. Smiley

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2009 April 12, 06:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, use Inge's cat teleporter, make the dormie selectable, then get her/him to drop out. When you get back to the main hood she/he will be waiting in the sim bin.

I am playing everyone in Uni at the moment (I merged all 3 unis so I have all the playables from each in SSU), getting them into the main hood, before I start playing in proper rotation. I have had no issues with move-out as yet. Mind you I haven't tried moving any dormies in with my freshly graduated sims yet and I won't find out for a while.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2009 April 12, 06:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal experience is that any time someone reports inability to get a dormie to marry or move in, the first thing the troubleshooter should do is ask the name of the dormie.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 2009 April 12, 06:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yeah. What was her name?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 April 12, 08:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal experience is that any time someone reports inability to get a dormie to marry or move in, the first thing the troubleshooter should do is ask the name of the dormie.
Why the name of the dormie?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 April 12, 08:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm, I don't know what's her name. I asked the poster was Johnny's giirl a playable, and he/she said she was just a random dormie.

Anette's problem tells me that even if the dormie was a playable, the dormie can't grow up.

But how could this be a Megahood problem. I pretty much did the thing in an AnyGame without UNI. If it only happens in this hood than it's obviously related, but I can't seem to figure out what could be the problem. I'll try to do some testing today and try to reproduce it.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2009 April 12, 08:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the name of the dormie?

Because it might not be a dormie. It could be a playable from the bin or anything.

Samethana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 April 12, 11:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started working on a downtown template with the Tricous and Rainelle Neengia living and in the sim bin. It never got finished. If I do finish it eventually, those sims would have blank wants and fears (they'll appear eventually) and there would be no family descriptions 'cause I can't think of anything witty enough. Would you be interested in it? It's not a whole lot of work at all, but I'm lazy.

I would be interesting if you or anyone fixed it, but I really don't want to bug anyone. I've started over and I will just let the Tricous and Rainelle rest in peace for now. I was thinking about removing the memories with Simpe, but I was afraid that my game would become a BFBVFS (or something like that). If you ever have the time and feel the need to fix the template, I will be downloading it  Grin

About that dormie that can't be married. Are there hacks involved? I've had the problem myself a while ago and I remember it was because of some outdated hacks.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 April 12, 13:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With my problem.....I have no idea what the dormies name was, but she was just a random dormie not a playable. If I had done as Emma suggested and made her drop out and then moved her in it may have worked. We can assume I fail at useing the teleporter 'sigh'.
I have just run Jimmy Phoenix through Uni. He was able to move a dormie girlfriend in with him successfully back in Pleasantview. She dropped out and transitioned no problem. This was in my test account with only some hacks and cc, so perhaps Samethana is right and the issue is outdated hacks.
So don't worry about this on my account Mixreality, the Megahood is awesome and I'm very happy with it. I seldom have my sims marry dormies anyway. I just felt sorry for lonely old Vidcund. I should have known he'd be more trouble than he is worth!
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2009 April 12, 15:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason to ask the name of the dormie is to make sure it's not a Maxis-made playable YA, because a great many people seem to be unable to successfully identify them.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 April 12, 17:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to move all my families to the main hood.  My ideal goal would be to move their houses as well.  Is there a way to safely do this, or should I just give up my dream and leave the houses behind?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2009 April 12, 19:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you use the stay-things shrub by Inge to keep the decor and furnishings as-is, then move the family out, move the lot to the bin, then place it in the main hood and move the family back in? I dunno if that would work.

Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 April 12, 19:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought about that, but I'm too scared to put a home in the bin and reuse it.  So many rules and regulations to follow when it comes to keeping your game tidy.  I wish I lived in sim ignorance...then I could just PLAY instead of wondering if I'm doing things correctly.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2009 April 12, 20:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but look at it this way, if you know what borks stuff you can avoid it and not have to restart hoods unless you want to. Wink

Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 April 12, 21:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very true!  Less asplode = good.
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 April 13, 16:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It takes ages for me to reply, sorry about that  Roll Eyes

I wasn't able to reproduce the dormie problem. Johhny Smith went to La Fiesta Tech, found a girl, got engaged in junior year, graduated, moved to Pleasantview, and invited the girl - there were both 'Move in' and 'Marriage' option. I tested in a game with a shitload of hacks. Yes, not the right way to test stuff, but it was just a quickie, and it kind of convinced me that it is indeed a hack problem for you guys. Anette's test account experiment confirms it, thanks Anette!

Just to make sure - when you say a moved-in dormie drops out, you're actually saying he/she graduates, right? Johnny's girl had a graduation memory and I believe it has always been like that.

I did have a quirk which is related to inteen, I believe. I tried the marriage option first, they married allright, but the girl didn't move in and didn't grow up. Looks like a YA family feature of inteen to me, or a feature of god-knows-what hack I have inside. I reloaded without saving, picked the move-in option and everything was as expected - the girl moved in and grew up. They married afterwards fine.

Also, there was another known inteen issue - when I tried to send Johnny to college, he declared that he can't leave the little ones home alone. Sigh. Spawning entire household's biological clocks solves it.

This was probably the worst case of testing an issue, ever. I'm not very keen on playing through college in an unhacked game.

I'd like to move all my families to the main hood.  My ideal goal would be to move their houses as well.  Is there a way to safely do this, or should I just give up my dream and leave the houses behind?

Try this tutorial. Basically, the builders use this technique to preserve otherwise unpreservable stuff (like magic ingredients) on a lot. It only saves the lot to the lot bin, remember to move out the families afterwards, then move them back in when you place the houses. How on earth are you going to cram all those houses in a single hood? Cheesy You might want to leave at least one shopping district, just in case.

Samethana - I was going to do it for myself anyway, when I actually start playing this bloody hood Smiley It will be up by tomorrow definitely.

Samethana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 April 13, 17:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll be downloading then, so thanks in advance  Grin
I know what you mean about actually starting to play. I'm so anal about everything, every single house and sim must be made-over before I can start to play, and there's a lot of houses and sims in this hood  Roll Eyes
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 April 13, 19:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How on earth are you going to cram all those houses in a single hood?
  Where there's a will, there's a way.  Actually, I planned on keeping Bluewater attached.  I ran across that tutorial yesterday and thought it looked like too damn much work, so I squashed my plans entirely.  Initially, I had thought that deleting the extra subhoods would cut down loading time on my individual lots, but a quick test run showed otherwise.  I might as well keep them and avoid the chaos.

On another note, I'm anxiously awaiting your new downtown template!  After I get that bugger attached I can finally start playing..very exciting.  I'm such a nerd.     
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 April 13, 22:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. Denise Jacquet threw a bunch of atraction related errors. Fix > Dead Romances with Lot Debugger solves the problem.

that is caused by her not knowing her husband is dead. In the normal Bluewater, if you teleport her dead husband to the Lot so you get the 'so and so died on another lot' message, it'll fix the problem. If I remember correctly, Denise and her son will also then get the memory of him dying.

---

For those people that love the idea of playing a Uber-Megahood but want to pick and choose what pre-mades are in it (a Mini-Megahood lol) - I packaged and cleaned every single pre-made family from all the Maxis/EAxis hoods.
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=1472

My friend Trif did all the 'extra pre-made bin families' and also teenified all the pre-made Uni students (handy if you want them but use clean Uni templates)
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showforum=193

---

I dislike how all the pre-mades look but still wanted the families so I gave them all plastic surgery and made it genetic.
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=1483

including all the 'extra bin pre-mades'
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=1501

Smiley

Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 April 13, 22:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Sleepycat! Yes, I noticed she had a fear of the dead husband cheating in every single incarnation of Bluewater I had. Senile old bag Cheesy

And woow, that looks like a huge job and very useful! I never got far with playing the megahoods either, so I might help myself with some families if I fail at playing again!

I posted that half-assed Downtown attempt at the empty templates thread. Testers wanted! Smiley

Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 April 13, 23:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I packaged and cleaned every single pre-made family from all the Maxis/EAxis hoods.
  You are insane.  I'm so jealous!

Off to test the downtown..yay.  Smiley
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 April 14, 00:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Sleepycat! Yes, I noticed she had a fear of the dead husband cheating in every single incarnation of Bluewater I had. Senile old bag Cheesy

And woow, that looks like a huge job and very useful! I never got far with playing the megahoods either, so I might help myself with some families if I fail at playing again!

your welcome  Smiley

yes, it was a huge job but I felt it was worth it, specially since I'd be sharing them with others. Grin  My versions that I gave plastic surgery to are being enjoyed more then the originals. Wink 

I tried playing HP's Megahood but couldn't stand the fugly!  I thought it'd be really nice to be able to have the pre-mades I liked, in any hood I wanted. Which led to me finally doing something about it.

I packaged and cleaned every single pre-made family from all the Maxis/EAxis hoods.
  You are insane.  I'm so jealous!

LOL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: