More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 14:18:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Clean and fixed Uber-Megahood! OUTDATED!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clean and fixed Uber-Megahood! OUTDATED!  (Read 137190 times)
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Clean and fixed Uber-Megahood! FINISHED!
« Reply #75 on: 2009 March 21, 03:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to be so late replying, but I use 7zip for all types of compressed files.

Glad everyone is getting this to work for them. Wink
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 March 21, 06:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played with Lothario and Caliente for a while and there were no issues.  I did notice after taking Lothario to a community lot in Belladonna Cove (the art museum)  there was a gravestone next to the pay phone.  The name the grave gave was Olivia Reilly.  I can't remember a family with this person, but I haven't played BDC much.

She was from BDC. I heard she was from one of the families who lived in an apartment, and that I heard her tombstone was found on a random community lot.

I am curious about which Sim knew her well enough to revive her from the grave.

Anyways, I am back to say that WinRAR did the trick by extracting all three parts and putting them together as N001 via the wizard tool. I installed the new neighborhood and checked each 'hood out carefully. No lots were misplaced, no families were missing and no odd object placements were found. The new 'hood looked fine. And Gustav's Grocery is where it should be and is not blue like in HP's version.

Thumbs up for the great job.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Catbat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 March 21, 13:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She was from BDC. I heard she was from one of the families who lived in an apartment, and that I heard her tombstone was found on a random community lot.

Really?  That was Maxis' doing?  I have had AL for a while, but never really looked at all the goings-on at BDC.  Seems weird to dump a random gravestone on a random community lot.   
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 March 21, 14:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay, I'm glad it was just the archiving utility! Chaavik, that Wizard thing is quite strange, I never even used it, and I haven't changed any WinRar settings (except for context menus), but I'm glad you got that sorted out. Thank you all for the feedback you provided! So I guess WinRar is not that perfect after all, but at least it (and 7-Zip) work.

(Btw, Gustav's Grocery always worked in this hood, I didn't fix anything. It was blue in HP's previous hood, without Belladonna attached)

Olivia Riley - that sounds strange, but I don't think it's dangerous. There's her family (husband Timothy and little daughter Sally) in one of the apartment buildings. Cho family lives in the same building (another widow, Vivian, and her daughter Etsu) and Timothy Riley and Vivian Cho usually hook up immediately. I must admit I never really played, and I don't know does Olivia Riley's gravestone even exist in original Belladonna. But I do know that when a sim dies in appartment, their gravestone is automatically teleported to a random community lot. There's a hack at MTS2 that lets you choose the community lot in which you'd like a gravestone to appear (here).
If there is no Olivia gravestone in original Belladonna, perhaps fixing bad apartment residences with Lot Debugger 'produced' her gravestone, which was then teleported to a random lot, in your case the Museum. I don't think that should cause problems.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 21, 14:44:33 by Mixreality » Logged

Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 March 23, 07:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gustav's Grocery was blue in HP's 'hood, and I had to copy that lot from my partner's computer (she has up to FT) over to mine when I used HP's 'hood in the past.

I played the 'hood the other day and thought it was a well-done job. Wink

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 March 23, 14:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I meant it was blue in HP's Megahood, but it always worked ok in HP's UBER-Megahood. Not of particular importance, yes, I just didn't want to take credit for something I had nothing to do with.

Glad to hear it's working properly!

Oh, and Olivia Riley's thombstone is at the museum by default, apparently. Proof. Weird.

Catbat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 March 30, 13:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing the Megahood for maybe 6 days now, and I haven't run across any problems.  I've spent a lot of time on the UNI areas, and no problems.  For some reason, Sim State seems emptier than I remember, but I couldn't remember who I thought was missing. 

Quick question...should I be able to resurrect Michael or Skip?   Or should they be left dead?  I didn't see anything in this thread about rather or not to leave them dead.

Either way, thank you again for this.  It's really nice to have been playing the hood for so long and to ONLY have 988 character files!
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 March 30, 22:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that's very good to hear! Sim State (or any other college, downtown or vacation dest) doesn't have anything to do with this. Actually, on second thought, the vacation stealth hood is probably affected - you won't get any tourist families (not locals but tourists) if you don't make them yourself. Which is a good thing IMO. But anyway, Sim State is deffinitely not affected. Just in case, here's a list of Sim State Students (and other colleges and base hoods).

Now, about resurrecting. I'd strongly suggest not to, but it's your game and all. Everything might be just fine, but it also might not be, I really don't know. I glanced at Skip, Michael and Darleen's character in SimPE. Skip looks just fine to me. Darleen seems fine but she's missing a DNA instance (which might be fine too, little Tessa Ramirez also doesn't have a DNA and she breeds just fine).
Michael seems messy. First of all, he's unlinked. You'll have to relink him prior to resurrecting, I think (there are threads around here that deal specifficaly with raising the unlinked dead). Relinking is easy - open his char file in SimPE. On the 'Other' tab, there's a little 'Misc' section. Change 'Unlinked' value from 0x0001 to 0x0000. That should do it. BUT he doesn't have memories, he's an elder with 100 days more to live and he also doesn't have a DNA.
Whatever you decide to do, you should back up than test if something will blow up after resurrection.

Catbat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 March 31, 04:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, I am not anywhere near awesome enough to trust my skills, or lack there of, in SimPE.  But thank you for the info either way.  The dead will remain dead.

One last thank you for all this.  It has been really fun to play.
fnlemon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 March 31, 17:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have downloaded and played the clean and fixed Uber-Megahood.  I have had no problems playing it and don't expect too.  It's great no complaints here. Smiley
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 April 01, 02:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's very good to hear!

But, uhm, I just discovered something, nothing critical though.

In previous megahoods there was a problem with 'Crappy GUID' error message. Well, it's present here too. Yes, I made a couple of notes for myself in this thread to test that specifficaly, but I kind of didn't Cheesy Until now. Two sims that were reported to be affected are Bianca Monty and Jill Smith, and yes, they're affected in this hood too (and there could be more). I believe from what I read the problem will only show if you have 'warmthfixes' in your downloads and you put a macrotacticts box on an affected lot (but the problem is not caused by those, those stuff just show it).

The problem is - you get the Crappy GUID error message when you hover over affected sim or any of Pescado's controllers on lot. (Don't know what happens if you play with testing cheats off).

To solve it - direct your sim to change to Everyday (even though he/she already is in everyday; the game doesn't think so). Simple as that.

vincenthardy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 April 02, 09:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this has already been  said but I have been trying to resurrect people like Nestor Caliente and Nicolo Lothario and although their family tree is still intact their entry in the neighbourhood isn't showing up?.
Is this intentional?

Vincent
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 April 02, 13:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly do you mean by 'their entry in the neighborhood isn't showing up'?

In any case, the dead should be left alone. They're made broken and I didn't do anything to fix them because in a lot of cases it is impossible, and there's no point in fixing some and not fixing everything.

Those two dead guys that you wanted to resurrect are missing character data, they cannot be fixed, resurrected or exported in any way. Trust me, I've searched all over the place, 'cause I really wanted to export some of the premade dead. Sims that have no character data actually do not exist at all. There's only an avatar, there is no sim. There's a whole lot of dead sims without character data in 3 base game hoods. Maxis made it that way, and I nobody can do anything about it.

Even if you're able to resurrect a sim, they'll most likely be a mess. For instance, sims from Olive Specter's graveyard - I read that there were females in male bodies, children in adult bodies and so on... Your best bet is to leave everyone to rest in peace Smiley

vincenthardy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 April 02, 19:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is that I resurrected these sims in the basegame neighbourhoods. but I can't in the megahood
There are heaps with this problem
all the EP neighborhoods after basegame their isn't a problem.
Any ideas?,
Vincent
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 April 02, 22:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you share how on earth did you manage to do that and how did those sim behaved? I checked out original Pleasantview template in SimPE. Nestor Caliente and Nicolo Lothario don't have character data. Pretty much all the dead don't have character data. They practically do not exist.

I can't be bothered to actually test the resurrection thing in game, 'cause I really don't think such a thing is possible.

purple
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 April 03, 17:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having problems with part2 and part3 I used 7zip (but so far everything else is great)

in part 1 Lot124 and Lot93 are fine
in part 2 Lot124 and Lot93 are bad/broken files (won't extract) (when I opened them in simPE they were empty)
in part 3 Lot93 is bad/broken file (won't extract) (when I opened this lot in simPE it was empty)

Lot124 is an empty lot in Veronaville
Lot93 is Wan family lot in Riverblossom Hills (when I loaded Riverblossom Hills the Wan family lot is empty and the sims are on the lot (I went in and exited without saving)
I just replaced the bad files with the good files and i'm going to check if it helped or broke the game

Edit: I just loaded the game and the Wan family seems finr and the house showed up in the neighbohood view
« Last Edit: 2009 April 03, 18:03:56 by purple » Logged
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 April 04, 00:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where you extracting all 3 parts one by one, or only the part1? Seems that different users have different experiences using the same extracting techniques, which is weird. I'm trying to figure out what's the best possible way of extracting the files.

vincenthardy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 April 09, 04:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick note and i'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but have you noticed that the megahood lacks those little popup bubbles that appear at the very beginning of a premade sims story eg. The game suggesting Tank Grunt should get a military job when you go into the grunt house for the first time
Its a non issue and I just wanted to point it out

Vincent
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 April 09, 05:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure that all megahoods are like that, probably a side affect of the merging process.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 April 09, 05:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one ever reversed the popup script format, and besides, they are useless. Anyone who has the level of understanding needed to install and use a megahood doesn't need to be told what to do. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 April 09, 07:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The script remains intact for whatever 'hood you use as the base (usually Pleasantview, but I've made one with Strangetown, too), but disappear for all the ones added as downtowns/shopping districts. This means events like Vidcund's abduction or the burglary at the Caliente house won't happen, either.
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 April 09, 17:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the little scenarios don't work in Cleanerhood's Pview either. They probably worked in original HP's hood, but I killed them somehow Smiley By now, we all know what's supposed to happen anyway.

There's this hood at Neighborhood 99. I'm not really sure if it's the same thing at all, but it does look like it's possible to create custom scenarios.

Samethana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 April 11, 14:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have some kind of problem. I don't know if it's because of me or not.
I started to play your hood and wanted to resurrect the Tricous from downtown. I used insim to do it. I got them resurrected, but when checking their memories, I noticed they all got memories of the other family members dying and getting an inheritance from little Beau Broke (I didn't play the Brokes before). I tried to remove those memoires using the lotdebugger but for some reason they stayed.
I've started over because I didn't really know what problems would come from it. I just thought you'd like to know.
Thanks for all the work you have done on this hood, you totally rock!
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 April 11, 19:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have some kind of problem. I don't know if it's because of me or not.
I started to play your hood and wanted to resurrect the Tricous from downtown. I used insim to do it. I got them resurrected, but when checking their memories, I noticed they all got memories of the other family members dying and getting an inheritance from little Beau Broke (I didn't play the Brokes before). I tried to remove those memoires using the lotdebugger but for some reason they stayed.
I've started over because I didn't really know what problems would come from it. I just thought you'd like to know.
Thanks for all the work you have done on this hood, you totally rock!
It's unrelated, I had the exact same thing happened years ago. Their death tokens are broken.

I started working on a downtown template with the Tricous and Rainelle Neengia living and in the sim bin. It never got finished. If I do finish it eventually, those sims would have blank wants and fears (they'll appear eventually) and there would be no family descriptions 'cause I can't think of anything witty enough. Would you be interested in it? It's not a whole lot of work at all, but I'm lazy.

Ok, now, some problems started creeping out:

1. The Crappy GUID error message, described in post #85. I'm curious is this a Bad Thing.

2. Denise Jacquet threw a bunch of atraction related errors. Fix > Dead Romances with Lot Debugger solves the problem. I have a crapload of hacks, awesome and non-awesome alike, kitten killer included. I'm not sure if one of the hacks causes the errors or simply shows them. I'd like to know are 'Dead Romances' a Bad Thing.

3. User reported a problem with Johnny Smith getting married. Quote:

Johnny Smith was sent to college where he fell in love and got engaged to a girl there.  Well, he graduates gets to his new house and he can't marry his girl LOL nothing I did helped, propose marriage didn't even pop up.  So finally after enough tinkering with it I went through SimPE and changed it so he (and the girl) aren't engaged anymore.
She isn't playable she is just a random dormie.  When he had moved into his home and invited her over there was no option for Propose- Move in at all neither was there an option for marriage.

Has anyone else had something like this? It sounds vaguely familiar, I'll do some searching, but I'd like to know if anyone else had this sort of problem with this hood.

Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 April 11, 19:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you be interested in it?

Very much so.  I was looking for this type of repacement a few days ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: