More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:09:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a hack in the plans for no random biting?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a hack in the plans for no random biting?  (Read 18697 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Is there a hack in the plans for no random biting?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 26, 08:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may want to put a sticky next to "Can Become A Vampire?" and make note of that.

It permits the Vampire social if either the vampire or victim is a selectable sim or if there are simply less than 10 NPC vampires.

I'm confused about that last bit... so it checks the entire neighborhood to see if there are 10 NPC vampires? So... even if you start getting random bites and having your playable/player-made/controllabe sims turned into vamps, there will still be autonomous vamping from NPCs, until 10 NPC vamps are made? I am assuming that by NPC you mean Non-Playable Characters, which can be any "working" NPC (maid, fireman, policeman, etc.) OR any "flavor" of townie (townies, dormies, or downtownies) that are all initially non-playable (at least until you either marry or move them in).

So, in other words, are you saying that autonomous vamping still occurs until there are 10 non-playable vamps, OR 10 vamps total in your neighborhood (INCLUDING either vamps you created or CAS made or Maxis shipped (i.e. Pleastants, Goths, Oldies, etc.) vampified sims).

Would someone, anyone please clarify this for me as it seems that there hasn't been any definitive posts on what is considered 10%. I've read some posts saying that this 10% is not really 10% and it might be Maxian weird defination of 10%. Tongue I've noticed that in some BHAVs that supposedly use percentage, at least where lines of code are Supposedly choosing out of 100%, the random number generator is actually choosing between 0 to 100 (which is actually out of 101 members rather than 100, since 0 is a possible, returnable value). Instead, they should be choosing from 0 to 99, but they obviously don't. Tongue

Ste

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 26, 13:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By NPC I mean NPC, as opposed to Townies, Downtownies, Young Adults, or playable type sims. (Don't look at me, that's just the way it was coded.)

"Kiss of the Vampire" is permitted thusly:

1) Check whether the vampire or the victim is selectable. If so, bite away.
2) Check the number of living NPCs who are vampires, If this number is less than 10, chomp chomp.
3) Otherwise, no biting for you!

The only randomness involved is in the FindBestInteraction primitive that selects this social.

Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 27, 17:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for making this!  Now I can let the residents of Pleasantview go out at night without fear of having to call the Gypsy for some anti-vampire-medication. 

Of course, that couple who befriended all four of my Grand Vampires... they're stuck inside at sunrise from now on.   Grin
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 28, 06:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, vampires are *always* capable of biting your selectable characters. They only stop biting non-selectable characters if they have already bitten 10 or more NPCs (not townies/downtownies).

Er... wait a minute... I just read this in another thread and... if I get this correctly, this means that it is coded specifically to include biting NPCs (which Mrs. Crumplebottom falls into). Which is very bad for aforementioned corruptive reasons, right?  Huh

But, according to dizzy's statement then, if you install a hack to prevent biting of all NPCs, then essentially vamps will have "open season" on biting, since the only time they stop biting is when "10 or more NPCs (not townies/downtownies)" are vamps already. If you can't make NPCs vamps, then they will continue to bite non-selectable characters. Right?

Can I get further clarification on what constitutes a "non-selectable character" ? I am inferring that, for this category, it Does include townies,dormies,downtownies, and NPCs, all of which are normally not selectable. Yes?

But... does this ALSO include the case when your other normally playable (Maxis-shipped or CAS player-made) sims show up as visitors (either on a resi, dormie, or comm lot) and thus are non-selectable. In other words, these are sims that Would be selectable IF you played their lots or were controlling them and bringing them to a comm lot, BUT... if you are playing another/different household, and these sims show up at the comm lots too, they are essentially non-selectable, so do they get included in the population of non-selectable characters?

If this is true AND it is true that selectable characters are always bitable, then essentially, if I'm not mistaken, if you install a don't bite NPC hack, then the rest of your population will be supsceptible pretty much forever, unless you actually bother to make 10 or more NPCs vamps. And even still, this ONLY will protect non-selectable sims since selectable characters are always bitable!

This seems really extreme. Tongue Hopefully someone will hack this and make it a bit more reasonable. Maybe it should be Any 10 sims (selectable/non-selectable, including townies, dormies, and downtownies, but EXCLUDE NPCs since that seems to lead to corruption Roll Eyes) unless someone can actually do it so it is a smart, actual 10% of the total population and not 10 NPCs specifically. Tongue

Ste

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 28, 07:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Selectable = in your UI (in the skewer on the left)

The way it is now, if you just use the hack that prevents NPCs from being bitten, that will mean potentially that all *other* non-selectable sims (i.e. townies and playable sims) are at risk, no matter how many are already vampires.

dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 29, 20:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the version for no biting whatsoever:

http://greensims.net/viewtopic.php?t=863
My hero!   Grin
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 13, 05:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah... I just clicked that link, and I didn't see any file for download.  Am I missing something?

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 13, 05:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just thinking that!  Do we have to register to get it?

<insert witty comment here>
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 13, 05:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can download it from here: http://www.djssims.com/sims2hacks.php

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 13, 12:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah... I just clicked that link, and I didn't see any file for download.  Am I missing something?
The actual download page is I think here.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 13, 14:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks muchly.  Smiley

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 13, 14:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've read, the "10" (which apparently is 10, not 10%) includes both working NPC's and townies.  My first townie bitten was Goopy Gils-Carbo (couldn't have picked better myself), but unfortunately the neighbourhood became corrupted so I had to use a back-up and lost him.

With the replacement version, the first to go was Abhijeet Deppiesse, turned by the Count.  The following evening the Contessa went on a binge and turned two dormies and a MATCHMAKER.  So now we have a vampire selling anti-vampire potions.  The following night the Contessa was back again and attempted to turn one of my Sims, but I deleted them and stopped her as the Sim concerned just wasn't suitable.  She got a waiter instead, but for some reason he carried on working after dawn with no side effects.  One of the dormies was sent as a replacement for a Sim who graduated - she arrived during the day and acts like a normal dormie, no indication of vampirism at all apart from the odd hiss.  She can't stay a vamp anyway as she's engaged to one of my neighbourhood Sims.

Anyway, I am halfway now as I have 5 NPC's turned (two working and 3 non-working).  As far as I know, that means that after another 5 are turned, there will be no more random biting unless one of the turned NPC's becomes playable or stops being a vampire for whatever reason.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 March 05, 04:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

creaturefixes eliminates the random biting. And many other creature-related bugs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: