More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 03:47:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bugged sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bugged sim  (Read 4926 times)
janeyw
Bugged sim
« on: 2009 February 28, 21:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was told I put this in the wrong place in pheasatnry so I looked around and can't work out where to put it, no real board just for help that I can find.  If this is the wrong place again, please remove it and I'll just go somewhere else to try to get the help, I apologise if I'm in error again.

I have a problem with my game crashing a lot.  I've tried many different ways to assess the problem but can't work this one out.

It all started when I was playing this new couple.  Firstly the female has no body in the shower, she was a download.  He is a maxis sim.  Everything went well and I didn't get too irritated by the missing body as long as I avoided seeing her get ready to have a shower, thought I would just ignore it.  Then they had a baby, when the kid became a toddler and was a day away from being a child it crashed.  I went back in again and it happened again.  Couldn't work out why, there was nothing in the house that would cause it.  I managed to work out that it happened at precisely 13:48 each time.  After a few tries I gave up and used my backup to a time before before they met.  I got them to meet again and started all over.  Different kid this time but same thing, a day before the toddler was to be a child it went boom at 13:48.  Trying now for the third time, different kid again but same thing just happened at 13:48.

If any of you love puzzles you can try to get your head around this one.

I suspect the female is bugged and this will continue to happen.  My question would be, how do I replace her with another sim without killing her.  Just completely replace her with someone who will be recognised as still being her.  Is this possible?  They're such a brill couple I would hate to have to kill her and she's so sweet.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Bugged sim
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 28, 22:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The missing body in the shower suggests the Sim is using a non-shower-proof skintone.  Does she have a nonstandard body mesh (such as one of Marvine's bodybuilder types?)  Also, do the problem children share her skintone?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 28, 23:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this smacks of issues similar to when players try to breed sims with mannequin skintones. Missing age groups. On those, it's the birth that crashes. It sounds like your downloaded sim has an absolutely borked skintone. Kill her. Eat baby with babyroaster. Get that failure of a skintone off your hard drive.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 01, 02:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can take the game back to before they met, I just wish there was another way to do it but I suppose she has to die.  The kid will never have been born if I take her back and my guy won't have any memory of her at all.  Thanks so much for all the help.  I just hoped I could fix her.

I believe it is possible to change a Sim's skintone by hacking the Sim file with SimPE, but you have to do it in both the expressed and inherited DNA, and unfortunately I don't know how it's done to explain it for you.  :/

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
theresatv
Asinine Airhead

Transvestite Annoyance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 01, 03:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a program called "Sims 2 Enhancer" to change sim genetics. It's available for download at sims2programs.com. It's a pay program but you can try it out for free for 48 hours, and it makes changing genetics pretty easy (I'm not trying to shill for it, but I do use it. I've heard it causes problems if you've compressed your Sims 2 files though.) As stated, you can also use SimPE, which is free but more complicated.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 01, 05:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

changing the skin in simpe is very simple, just tedious. the same few steps over and over again.
using cas make a sim with the skin you want in the neighborhood with the b0rked woman, save to the simbin and exit. open simpe and go to the neighborhood with the intended sims. sort by sim description on the left side of your screen. open the test sim first. click on the last option (more). it will have a drop down box with several options, choose dna. copy/paste the number in the skintone box into notepad or something. sort by description again and open the b0rked sim. open her dna the same as the last sim. copy/paste the number for the last sim onto this sim. make sure to do all four lines. open your game and go to the house with the woman. you may have to change her appearence with the mirror or other preferred method. most of the time it works perfectly just doing this. if it doesn't fix it you need to open back up simpe. navigate back to the woman and click on the "more" again. this time choose the first option, character file. select age data on the left side. unfortunately you cannot copy/paste in this section and will have to type out the code where it says skincolor (dtstring). when you open her house you will have to use the mirror again but she will be fixed.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 01, 09:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you don't need to make a sim in CAS with the skintone of choice... just open the skintone file (if it isn't a default) and copy the family (dstring) line.

Changing a sims skintone in Simpe is a easy copy & paste job. Here is a nice tutorial (with pictures) to show you how.
http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=1665.0

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 01, 16:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a good look at the program and changing the characters skin is an upcoming feature and it isn't available now.  Still it looks a bit simpler than simpe for fixing relationships so I might still give it a try for that
I wouldn't use the Enhancer. The guy who made it is a dick who provides no support and charges for patches. Also see: against the EULA to charge for cc & related programs. SimPE is free and is not that hard. Most of the fear people have with would be solved by taking a few breaths, doing a backup, and realizing that even if you somehow are such an idiot that you delve into obvious no-nos like deleting parts of core files, you have the backup.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: