More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:40:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  have you ever seen this
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: have you ever seen this  (Read 6565 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
have you ever seen this
« on: 2009 February 28, 00:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what happens when I place any item on my lot and during buillding lots also.  this has happened since I first installed all the discs I had up to pets, even before I installed the latest sp and ep.

It can be a default object or a custom object.  All the walls disapear for about 2or 3 seconds and then they reappear.  This never happened with xp

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: have you ever seen this
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 28, 00:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never seen stuff like that; have you tried updating your video card drivers?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 28, 00:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you by chance have an ATI HD card? I had the same problem and it was fixed by getting an updated driver.
I had to use a slightly older driver though, because the newer one didn't fix the problem.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 28, 15:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I do and I can't find any older drivers.  Everytime I download one it says this if for xp.   I hate that raedon and vista.  I want my Nvidia drivers back and my xp,   diou  you know where I can get some older drivers for Vista?    I have  9.2 now..

My card is ATI Radeon HD  3450.

my computer was built with integrated ram, Nvidia but I told my sis I did not want integrated ram, so she got them to put in this goofy raedon crap.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 28, 20:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, go to the ATI website http://ati.amd.com/ and click on Graphics Driver under support. Click Vist-32-Bit version and
click on Radeon on the next panel. Click on the Radeon HD 3400 series and click go.  Go to the Helpful links to the right and click Prvious Drivers and Software. Click on the 9.1 or an earlier version and download it and install it. MAKE SURE YOU UNISTALL YOUR OLD DRIVER BEFORE INSTALLING THE NEW DRIVER! Hopefully that will fix it.

I have an Radeon HD 3600 and have the version 7.15 from 9/23/08 so maybe version 8.9 will work for you.
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 01, 03:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also having this problem and it is driving me crazy. I have a Radeon HD 4350. I'm running Vista 64-bit. I have tried many different drivers and none of them solve this problem. Is anyone else using this card with Vista 64? If so, can you tell me which driver version you're using?
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 02, 17:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Jorganza,  I got the 9.1  version and I was finally able to build a house and place objects without the walls  going down.   Smiley
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 05, 23:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just brought home my new computer and am confronting this very same issue, so baa everyone for the advice. I really should have stuck to Nvidia, at least I knew what I was doing there.
Now before I get carried away and muck up the whole thing, I just need to update the driver? I can leave the Catalyst Software Suite alone? I really would like to not touch that as I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not even sure what driver version I'm replacing my numbers are 6.11.10.6891 which doesn't match what is on the site at all.

Also reading about the Catalyst Suite it needs the .Net framework to work properly, so I'd better go get that too. New computer has not touched the internet yet and really isn't meant to.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 07, 00:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this same problem with my Radeon HD3870. I have the most updated drivers.  I've been fiddling with the settings and such for awhile now and the issue just seems to be my card at the moment, none of the drivers I have tried helps. It is possible that I may have missed one or two though.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 07, 05:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed the 8.10 drivers  Jsalemi mentioned in another post on this topic, and my problem seems to be fixed. I've tested it on the Curious Brothers house removing  all those levels and so far so good.
I have tried the 9.1 but they didn't work for me. When I put in the 8.10 drivers a message came up about 3D settings and prompted me to set them in the Catalyst centre. I chickened out of messing with the advanced settings and hit default.  I'm probably not using all that this card (4870) is capable of now, but at least I can play.
New computers are so stressful!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: