More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:39:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Excuse me, what?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Excuse me, what?  (Read 4933 times)
zsangel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Excuse me, what?
« on: 2009 February 26, 16:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So up until yesterday I've had all EPs and Stuff Packs and all was well.  I had the appropriate hacks / mods for what I had and Sim Life was good.  I haven't played in about a month or so because I was bored.  So finally on Monday I start playing again.  I went in and started building my house, decorating, all the good stuff.  Then last night when I went to create the family, all hell broke loose.

I could create one family member just fine, but when I go to add the second it sort of freezes halfway in the CAS.  I'd have the family member standing in front of the curtain with the camera, but also had the little box open where you pick name, gender, race and what not with all the random new info for the next Sim. (Problem)  So I cancel it and try again.  This time it makes it all the way to the CAS, but now the new Sim is spinning in the corner like some possessed demon.

I uninstalled all downloads, even though nothing new has been added recently, and tried again.  Same thing.  Uninstalled it, tested it out with AL.  It looked like it was going to do it, but made it all the way after a tiny hiccup.  Did this twice just to be sure.  So I reinstalled M&G to see if it was a bad install. (Don't know why, it worked flawless before.)  And nope, it's still doing it.

Would a No-CD crack fix this, or a patch?  Has anyone else had this problem?  Or should I just toss M&G out the damn window and go back to playing with AL?  Would a full reinstall (All games & stuffs) fix it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Excuse me, what?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 26, 16:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen this problem, and it's not something that is ever SUPPOSED to happen, so I am inclined to suspect you did something bad.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
zsangel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 26, 23:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine what.  It was working fine when I bought it.  Worked with all the hacks and downloads I had.  So one day it just decides not to?  I don't do my own hack, I know I am no where close to being that awesome.  So I guess I'll try a full uninstall, and reinstall.  Otherwise I'll just boot M&G because AL worked just fine.  Thanks though for answering me Pescado-sama.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 27, 00:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you already do the usual: delete groups.cache, delete all thumbnails, etc? Have you done any upgrades or updates to your computer? Something simple like an updated driver could be causing the problem. If you have automatic updates on, you might not even know what got updated.

I had a very similar problem on my laptop (but without demonic spinning), but it was due to low RAM. Maybe you should check to see that your RAM is still working properly. One stick may have died. Start by checking the easiest thing to check, which is how much RAM your computer shows itself as having right now. Also, check that your harddrive space has not fallen below (or even close to) 10% free. If you've done something like download a couple of movies, you may be running out of space and haven't realized it yet.

Fail.
zsangel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 03, 00:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

58% fee, and 2047 MB RAM with a 5.2 Windows experience rating on the RAM.  After a full uninstall / reinstall, deleting of groups.cache, and updating an outdated driver...still does it.  I'm talking with EA, and we'll see what that gets.  Really thought at this point I'm ready to just uninstall M&G again and say so long to it.  There's only one or two items on there I uses anyway.

Thanks for all the help / suggestions though.  I really appreciate it.  Smiley
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 29, 18:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, necromancy is bad, and i hate do delurk myself like this, but it's the first time i've seen somebody else having this problem.
I've been trying to deal with it since about a month ago.
Moreover, i have to add that after creating the family in spite of mentioned difficulties, when moved into a lot, the sims continue spinning in place.
With the cheats turned on, the cancel and reset options do nothing, and the delete...deletes the sim.

It probably is something i've did, but i'm seeking for a solution.
Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: