More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 18:30:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help With Bithday
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help With Bithday  (Read 9274 times)
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Help With Bithday
« on: 2005 July 26, 20:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep the infant selectable with the inSIMintor and have Parent A put it on the floor and I tell it to grow up.  Parent A walks off to do something stupid and the farthest away, tiredest family member walks a mile to do the help with bithday.  This is simply ridiculous and was wondering if any fix could be made.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Help With Bithday
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 26, 20:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sillly 'help with birthday' command for babies is one of the buggiest items in the game. I have adults go to the crib, pick up the baby to 'help' and then put it back in, over  and over. They even pop out of bed and go through this cycle.  I have not once had the 'help' thing work out the way it should, it's always the pick up - turn - turn again - put back down routine, then rinse and repeat. That is all I ever see.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 26, 20:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

same here...  toddlers you can cope with, but the babies are a pain - best way I've found around it is to get someone to take them to the cake (even without throwing a birthday party) - sometimes you still end up waiting for hours while assorted sims make their way there (I do have the hack that stops everyone coming to watch age transitions - only works for grow up, doesn't work with the cake) - but it's the smoothest way around the problem I have found at this stage.

Ness
DaveFlew
Asinine Airhead

I'm going to have pi best friends?

View Profile WWW
Re: Help With Birthday
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 26, 20:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bring (baby) To Cake works like a charm for me. I always let Age Transitions happen as quickly as possible*, and I've never had problems or noticeable delays with bringing the baby to the birthday cake. To speed things up, I ensure that the whole family gathers around the cake.

* Unless it's a transition to or from Elder.

What's the boolprop for siamese twins?

invisiblehousesr2cute
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 26, 21:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know you could use the cake for infants but if I did that it still seems like I'd have to wait for soemthing to happen.  Plus they'd have to carry the kid all the way to the cake when All I want is for them to grow up in the nursery, get fed smart milk and potty trained.    I use inSIM (not the mirror because the mirror makes toddler not selectable if I do that) because I kinda like the babies but after 2 days, come on, they aren't doing anything useful and I want to get skills started.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 26, 21:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the FFS "Eye in the Sky" option "grow up baby." No muss, no fuss, no retarded autonomy code, no stupid cake.
DaveFlew
Asinine Airhead

I'm going to have pi best friends?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 26, 21:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that a counter top "magically" appears in the baby's room, as if some higher power placed it there. Then a cake "magically" appears on the counter top. Then, after the age transition, the cake "magically" teleports itself to the kitchen, and in its place, a Smart Milk dispenser - you guessed it - "magically" appears on the counter top!

It's as if the same higher power is an efficiency and optimisation consultant for David Copperfield (the one who done Claudia Schiffer, not the Charles Dickens character). The same way that a toilet or a refrigerator teleports its way around the lot to where it's needed most.

Tell you what hey, if my Sims had any common sense, they'd be worshipping this higher power!  Grin

What's the boolprop for siamese twins?

invisiblehousesr2cute
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 26, 21:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the FFS "Eye in the Sky" option "grow up baby." No muss, no fuss, no retarded autonomy code, no stupid cake.

I haven't had any babies as of late, but I didn't know that the babycontroller did that too. I better go and check if I have the latest one; I might even allow some of my couples to have babies again. Thanks for the heads up Oddysey.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 26, 21:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a sim is holding the baby, you can select it. Might want to turn off the baby controller first, though, because otherwise it will tell the sim in question to put the baby back in its crib.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 26, 21:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As Dave said, the best  is, to bring baby to cake. I buy a table, put a cake on it, and invite some relatives and friends. I make "pseudo-party" in this occasion, and befriend the toddler with as many sims as I can, giving them orders (Merola's mind control mirror) to snuggle and tickle the toddler.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 26, 21:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that the only way that works tends to be the cake and even that isn't always successful.  Sometimes the cakes become unusable and I have to buy another one.  Have only just started using the baby controller eye thingy, so I will try that next time. 

And this signature - What's the boolprop for siamese twins? - is absolutely hilarious!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 26, 22:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only rarely had problems with growing babies up, and of course once they are toddlers and selectable, you can just click on them and tell them to grow up.

Zephyr Zodiac
sin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 26, 23:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that the only way that works tends to be the cake and even that isn't always successful.  Sometimes the cakes become unusable and I have to buy another one. 

this happens to me too.  very irritating.

sinverguenza - the l.a. remix.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 27, 00:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....and if you have twins, the problem is even worse. Stupid buggy game.

schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 27, 01:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, this drives me nuts, too! I am always pleasantly surprised if it actually works on the first try.

I usually try to age the baby when everyone but one adult is asleep or at work, to keep the baby-holder from having to wait til they crowd around the damn cake. And I too fid that I often have to buy multiple cakes - The cake will get the candles on it - nothing hapens. The baby-holding person just reverts to "hold baby" instead of "help with birthday". GAH!

I wonder if the bug is made worse by the fact that I always wait until past 6pm to do the birthday thing. The reason I wait, is I want the toddler to have a full four days, so they can skill on those toys like mad.  Grin And if you age the baby before 6, then the toddler ages again at 6 and really only gets 3 days.

Anywho, off to get the baby controller, I didn't have that hack yet... thanks for the tip, Oddesy!! *I M sending U a TON of BENES!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!*

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 27, 04:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the toddler is taking to long to get skills, I turn aging off for a short while.  Also, if you have Gnohmon's flamingo of contentment, when they get tired they recover so they have longer waking hours, and the parent doesn't get so exhausted either.  I usually manage to teach walking and talking in one go each.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: