More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:18:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim cannot be interacted with...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim cannot be interacted with...  (Read 3175 times)
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Sim cannot be interacted with...
« on: 2009 February 21, 06:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims become borked somehow a few simdays ago, but I only just now realized the exact nature of the problem.  (Long story short: I was blaming the problem on her ex-NPC husband, but just figured out that her, not him, who is causing the problem.)  When other Sims try to initiate actions with her nothing appears in her queue and it quickly disappears from theirs; if she initiates the interaction everything proceeds normally.  This started happening around the same time she got married during a date at her home - I suspect that may be related but I could be wrong.

Let's see, other relevant info...  I've tried resetting her, there are no unusual options available on the batbox and I've tried all of the usual options that I thought might help.  There haven't been any error messages lately.  She's a born-in-game Sim who hasn't had anything odd happen with her before.  I haven't had any other odd happenings in this particular neighborhood, so I'm thinking that whatever is happening is strictly limited to this particular Sim.  I have all the expansions (patched), none of the stuff packs, a lot of awesomeware, and minimal tight pants.

Any ideas on why this happened and what I can do about it?

All generalizations are false, including this one.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
Re: Sim cannot be interacted with...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 21, 07:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only ever had this problem when I moved sims interhood, so I have always assumed that this problem is the sign of the apocalypse, at least for the hood in question.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 21, 08:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this only happen on THAT lot, or does this occur even if the sim is invited over on another lot? If it's a condition that occurs only on the sim's home lot, and not other lots, the sim's object instance is probably broken, and you can just delete it, save/exit/reload, and it will respawn fresh by the mailbox.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 21, 22:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@floopyboo - I don't do stupid things like that, and if I did I wouldn't ask for help when things exploded.

@Pescado - Deleting her and reloading the lot solved the problem.  Other Sims can now harass her normally.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: