More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:36:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Notownieregen & similars installed, yet new townies are created every time.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Notownieregen & similars installed, yet new townies are created every time.  (Read 5971 times)
persilwasmiddel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Notownieregen & similars installed, yet new townies are created every time.
« on: 2009 February 19, 08:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using notownieregen (and nodormierespaw, antiredundancy, nossrespawn, nostrayrespawn etc), but new townies keep appearing.

The following happend:
I installed sims (all packs, including the christmas ones) using the cleaninstall method  from http://www.sunsims.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-269.html.
Put all the anti hacks mentioned above in download folder, unzipped.
Started Sims, and got some of the annoying townies, about 20-30 ones. (shown in SimPE). I was fine with these.
Played a while with sims and at my shock more and more of those uglies start to appear. I went to a few social venues.
After 3 days of playing, instead of some 30 townies I now have loads of them  listed in SimPE. A lot more ugly sims come to my shops.
I never played the game with 'custom hacks off'.

I wonder what could be the cause of this?
 Is the notownieregen incompatible with the zipped sim folders from the URL? (would puttingthem back help)
- are the  townies listed in Simpe actually downtownies, which are nessecary (and thus can't be stopped from beeing created)
- are there hacks known that give problems with notownieregen and the others? (I use a few, simlogical school, simblender, nowelfare, servo controller, wooden model hack and a few minor ones)

I have all the packs.
SimPE is up to date, including mansion.
I run windows XP.
The version i use of the no regen hacks is for apartment life.
I have no error logs of this.

Any help suggestion and ideas on killing further respawning are very welcome. I am gratefull for your help.
I am sorry for possible spelling errors, english is not my native language.

Persil

« Last Edit: 2009 February 19, 09:09:50 by persilwasmiddel » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Notownieregen & similars installed, yet new townies are created every time.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 19, 10:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using notownieregen (and nodormierespaw, antiredundancy, nossrespawn, nostrayrespawn etc), but new townies keep appearing.

The following happend:
I installed sims (all packs, including the christmas ones) using the cleaninstall method  from http://www.sunsims.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-269.html.
Put all the anti hacks mentioned above in download folder, unzipped.
Started Sims, and got some of the annoying townies, about 20-30 ones. (shown in SimPE). I was fine with these.
Played a while with sims and at my shock more and more of those uglies start to appear. I went to a few social venues.
After 3 days of playing, instead of some 30 townies I now have loads of them  listed in SimPE. A lot more ugly sims come to my shops.
I never played the game with 'custom hacks off'.

I wonder what could be the cause of this?
 Is the notownieregen incompatible with the zipped sim folders from the URL? (would puttingthem back help)
- are the  townies listed in Simpe actually downtownies, which are nessecary (and thus can't be stopped from beeing created)
- are there hacks known that give problems with notownieregen and the others? (I use a few, simlogical school, simblender, nowelfare, servo controller, wooden model hack and a few minor ones)

I have all the packs.
SimPE is up to date, including mansion.
I run windows XP.
The version i use of the no regen hacks is for apartment life.
I have no error logs of this.

Any help suggestion and ideas on killing further respawning are very welcome. I am gratefull for your help.
I am sorry for possible spelling errors, english is not my native language.

Persil

I haven't used that method to create townie-free neighbourhoods, instead I use the empty templates found in the Peasantry section here at MATY.

If you have all the respawn mods, you shouldn't get any townies or downtownies.

Here is the list of the characters that should spawn if you have all the respawn mods and are using empty templates:
- default characters (grim reaper, therapist, etc, also a stack of "unknown" characters in SimPE).  You wont see most of these in normal gameplay.
- Service NPCs - spawned as needed, and only 1 of each (unless more are required for some reason).
- social townies to fill any vacant apartments.
- hobby mavens.  You will get 10 of these if you used an empty template for the FT invisible subhood.  If you didn't use an empty template, then you will have 30 of them.

You should check to make sure that your templates for the subhoods are empty - i.e. downtown, uni, shopping district, pets (which added an invisible subhood), Seasons invisible subhood, the BV subhoods (there are 4 of these - 3 vacation destinations & 1 subhood full of tourists), FT invisible subhood, AL invisible subhood.  The sims in the invisible subhoods are added to your game whether you attached any subhoods or not.

You can find out which family your excess characters belong to in SimPE.  Open your neighbourhood in SimPE, and select SDSC in the top left pane.  Then scroll through your characters and look at their family IDs.  Regular townies are family 0x7FFE, Service NPCs are family 0x7FFF, downtownies are family 0x7FFC.  More family IDs can be found in this thread.

Downtownies are NOT necessary.  You can play a game without downtownies if you want, just as you can play without townies or dormies.  The only townies that are sometimes necessary are social townies, and they are only necessary if you play apartment lots.

To check if any of your hacks are incompatible, I suggest you download HCDU from Simwardrobe.  This is a handy little utility that will tell you of any hack conflicts.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 19, 10:39:53 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 19, 13:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making apartments will force-create new townies from the AL social groups even with all no respawn hacks in. Each new apartment building you occupy will make new ones, since or some reason they don't like to move existing sims into apartments. Personally, I think this needs fixing. I want apartments, but I am tired of all the new townies that are created as a result. If your problem is not due to making apartments, I have no idea.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 19, 13:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making apartments will force-create new townies from the AL social groups even with all no respawn hacks in. Each new apartment building you occupy will make new ones, since or some reason they don't like to move existing sims into apartments. Personally, I think this needs fixing. I want apartments, but I am tired of all the new townies that are created as a result. If your problem is not due to making apartments, I have no idea.

The lot debugger has an option to fix bad apartment residencies.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 19, 14:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would EA make subhoods that aren't accessible?
The FT, and AL invisible subhoods are accessible, but none of the others.

The coders at EA are stupid, but they wouldn't make extra work for themselves.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 19, 17:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would EA make subhoods that aren't accessible?

They're subhoods with sims but no terrain nor lots. It's a trick so the game can add new townies and NPCs to already existing (and currently played) hoods without useless and reduntant extra actual subhoods.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
persilwasmiddel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 19, 17:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Thanks so much for answering.. it has been of great help! I found no downtownies, tourists or students. (I do not have any subhoods yet, just a few of the standard shops on the main land). The simwardrobe hacktool does not show incompatibilities.

What I did found was a long list of people, under which many families and NPCs.  Thanks, now I can recognise them!

I found 35 unwanted townies. I will kill them and see if they return.

I found some other numbers back in google:

0x7FDF - 11 residents = Socialites
0x7FE0 ? residents = Techies
0x7FE1 - 5 residents = Jocks
0x7FE2 - 10 residents = Bohemians
0x7FE3 8 residents = Gearheads

Did these come with an apartment? I don't have an apartment in my hood anymore, and can't remember ever having one. (I use the hood Desiderata Valley) Can I kill them safely? Is there a hack to get rid of them and prevent them from respawning?

0x7FE4 26 residents - Not sure who they are. One google post mentioned they might be hobby place owners.. Are they? If they are why are there 26?

63 residents with the number: 0x0000  - who are these?

I was hoping you experts could maybe help me with a few questions:

Which of these residents can I kill safely? (I know the special NPCs cannot). I once got an error killing a normal looking resident, something about familiy ties. I rather not start a new empty hood, since I spend a long time on making back all residents I lost on a crashed hood.. give them back jobs, badges etc.. its running well now)

I wonder if its safe to add clean template neighborhoods for the shopping center, nightlife, university and vacations to my normal hood to prevent more unnessecaries?

Is it safe to replace townies and other unwanted existing people, by SIMPE plastic surgery and give them custom clothing and skins? Which ones are safe to replace?

What is the safest way to kill? (I rather not delete completely as in http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6205.0.html, since I am still quite a novice to SIMpe and it looks like something I can easily mess up.). I now use a simwardrobe gun.

Thanks very much for the help it is very very much appreciated!

Persil

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 19, 23:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

63 residents with the number: 0x0000  - who are these?
0x0000 is the default family; grim reaper and all that.  63 seems like too many unless your hood has a lot of dead sims.
More on Family IDs: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9932.0.html

I wonder if its safe to add clean template neighborhoods for the shopping center, nightlife, university and vacations to my normal hood to prevent more unnessecaries?
Of course it is safe.  If you haven't already that explains why your hood is full of crap.
Delete and start over.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: