More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:18:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Who's getting the x-mas pack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who's getting the x-mas pack?  (Read 123495 times)
Twiki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Who's getting the x-mas pack?
« Reply #75 on: 2005 November 18, 09:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bit unimpressed by it. The little dancing snowman thing seems to be bugged - I had one person turn it on, then another decided to turn it on autonomously, so I had two loud obnoxious Christmas songs playing at the same time from the same Snowman. One ended when I had someone turn it off, but the other kept on playing AFTER I sold the dang thing!

Also had the same experience as SaraMK with the Christmas tree spontaneously combusting. Santa thought it was the funniest thing ever - he laughed at it, shat out a teddy bear, and laughed some more. I'm not entirely convinced he didn't set the silly thing on fire.

(Click to enlarge)

And what has Santa been drinking that requires him to "drain the reindeer" three times in a row? Did he get a UTI for Christmas?

I do rather like the new carpets, though. I'm off to try the New Year's party - an exploding elder should be entertaining.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 November 18, 09:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god Twiki.....that was entertainment at it's best....specially Santa 'draining the reindeer' shitting a teddy bear and the exploding elders... Grin  Oh lordy!!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 November 18, 10:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine can make cookies without problems. But Santa is damn annoying, everyone runs to hug him for some reason. I like Father Time better. At least he explodes.
He EXPLODES? Cool! Time to get this and make the Suicide Bomber NPC. Tongue

Now your Sims, too, can live in Iraq!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 November 18, 11:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!  Grin My visit from Santa was BORING in comparison! All he did was pee. And pee. And pee. And pee...
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2005 November 18, 11:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HA! Brilliant pics Grin Someone on TSR said their tree caught on fire too, I love it. Reminds me of the running with scissors thing, lol.

Actually, with the packaging, I was more worried about the pack changing the way files are saved, as the expansion packs did. Folks without NL can't properly use lots created in NL, even if they have no NL objects, for example.

Pescado, I have no words for the suicide bomber NPC Shocked

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 November 18, 12:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's because of the cooking skill of your sim, Motoki?

Roll Eyes She had 10. Besides, sims with lower cooking skills don't jump and have their plates dissappear, they just can't make the damned food. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 November 18, 13:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait a minute. The remote control car still isn't fixed? I don't want to come across as whiny, but why the hell not? Rassafrackin' idiots.

Ahem... I guess I need some coffee, or maybe some ice-cream (well, maybe not ice-cream, it somehow causes my jeans to shrink Tongue)

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 November 18, 13:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think several people have claimed with NL & the patch it doesn't corrupt the objects.package anymore. I still get sound issues with the damned thing though and I just don't trust it. Tongue

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 November 18, 14:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think several people have claimed with NL & the patch it doesn't corrupt the objects.package anymore. I still get sound issues with the damned thing though and I just don't trust it. Tongue

I agree with you there Motoki. I will not use the damn thing unless someone I completely trust tells me it's safe to use it. Even though I've made the objects.package 'read only' I'm still paranoid about maxis' stuff. They are so good with implementing bugs, deep down inside I probably think they'll find a way around the 'read only' and still manage to blow up my game somehow.

I guess the 'jump-bug' in the original game way back when scarred me for life. I still remember vividly the frustration at being told for the longest time that it was my own fault, my computers fault, global warming, deforestation... anything but their own incompetence, and then to top it off, having to wait several month for an official fix. Nevermind that I had the one from MTS2 long before they came out with one, it's the principle of the thing. Cheesy

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2005 November 18, 14:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

speaking of Bugs and the Holidays.....just because I haven't ranted in a while on the BBS...and because I think EA/Maxis is a bunch of morons at times.....

Silly Stupid Maxis
« Last Edit: 2005 November 18, 14:43:47 by twain » Logged

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 November 18, 14:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you want another holiday "blooper", my sim walked right through santa as if he were a ghost. Perhaps I should take a picture and post it and call it a Christmas present for everyone.  Roll Eyes

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 November 18, 14:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...or put it on a personalized christmas card Cheesy

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 November 18, 14:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you there Motoki. I will not use the damn thing unless someone I completely trust tells me it's safe to use it. Even though I've made the objects.package 'read only' I'm still paranoid about maxis' stuff. They are so good with implementing bugs, deep down inside I probably think they'll find a way around the 'read only' and still manage to blow up my game somehow.

I guess the 'jump-bug' in the original game way back when scarred me for life. I still remember vividly the frustration at being told for the longest time that it was my own fault, my computers fault, global warming, deforestation... anything but their own incompetence, and then to top it off, having to wait several month for an official fix. Nevermind that I had the one from MTS2 long before they came out with one, it's the principle of the thing. Cheesy
according to Maxis they glitches and bugs are never ever their fault but always the fault of the end user. which of course we all know to be total and utter BS if it were our fault Modders Such as Two Jeffs and His awesomeness  J.M.Pescado wouldn't have had to have spent hours diving into the game codes to make fixes for the issues we encounter in the game. there are many more modders that have made critical and useful fixes for bugs that are supposedly all our fault..............Personally I would like Maxis to admit the obvious that the game is indeed buggy to a certain extant through no fault of the user or the users computer! Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 November 18, 14:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems cheap enough to purchase for a laugh. Hell, I'd love to do twisted things to Santa Claus like, make him furious with members of the household.  Grin

Instant gratification takes too long.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 November 18, 14:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

speaking of Bugs and the Holidays.....just because I haven't ranted in a while on the BBS...and because I think EA/Maxis is a bunch of morons at times.....

Yay, he's back. Twain, I love your rants and raves. I even posted in your official board thread. Gosh darn, I missed that so much. Thanks, much appreciated.

Edit: because I didn't see Bangel's response.

I agree, especially since many people are far more ready to forgive someone when they admit that they could possibly be wrong. Most other game companies have no problems admitting their shortcomings and patching their product in a speedy manner without annoying/insulting their paying customers.

Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2005 November 18, 14:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always aim to please Veilchen Wink... Actually I was quite bored and the BBS has be very boring lately.  I just like stirring the pot every so often   Tongue

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 November 18, 14:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems cheap enough to purchase for a laugh. Hell, I'd love to do twisted things to Santa Claus like, make him furious with members of the household.  Grin

I don't think you can. It doesn't seem like you can interact with him much. You can neglect to leave him any cookies and he'll give you coal though. Tongue

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 November 18, 14:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I got it.

Santa sat down to eat a cookie, put it down abruptly, sort of did a slide-jump thing out of his seat to go "ho-ho-ho", then did a slide-jump thing back into a sitting position. Repeat process ad nauseum. Just eat the goddamn cookie, beardy. No, don't go and get another one!  Angry Eat the one you've got!

I only played it for about five minutes and found a bug already for god's sake.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 November 18, 14:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only played it for about five minutes and found a bug already for god's sake.

A whole 5? I found one after 2.  Grin

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 November 18, 14:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you can. It doesn't seem like you can interact with him much. You can neglect to leave him any cookies and he'll give you coal though. Tongue

He doesn't show up in your relationships panel at all - he's like the social bunny, except everybody can see him at the same time, and he's got less social interactions. I think you can chat to him and hug him and that's it. There's a third pie menu option, but I forget what it is.
Twiki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 November 18, 15:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He doesn't show up in your relationships panel at all - he's like the social bunny, except everybody can see him at the same time, and he's got less social interactions. I think you can chat to him and hug him and that's it. There's a third pie menu option, but I forget what it is.

The first time Skinny Santa interacted with each member in my test household, they suddenly became Best Friends. Nothing in the relationship panel, just the spinning bauble atop their heads. I just checked in SimPe for invisible memories, and it turns out there are some not-so-invisible ones - "Met Unknown","Made Best Friends with Unknown", "Had Two Best Friends", an invisible for the other person in house doing the same. I don't know if it's Unknown because SimPe doesn't recognize it or Unknown because Santa is inherently glitchy, but it's making me a little antsy.

Edit: And I just checked in Body Shop, and it doesn't recognize the new toddler Formal slot. Do I just have a FUBAR install, or was that overlooked?
« Last Edit: 2005 November 18, 15:22:47 by Twiki » Logged
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 November 18, 15:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first time Skinny Santa interacted with each member in my test household, they suddenly became Best Friends. Nothing in the relationship panel, just the spinning bauble atop their heads. I just checked in SimPe for invisible memories, and it turns out there are some not-so-invisible ones - "Met Unknown","Made Best Friends with Unknown", "Had Two Best Friends", an invisible for the other person in house doing the same. I don't know if it's Unknown because SimPe doesn't recognize it or Unknown because Santa is inherently glitchy, but it's making me a little antsy.

You're right - I saw the best friends spinny bauble as well - I didn't think anything of it since I had two sims talking to each other right behind santa and his interactor, so I assumed it was from the other two. That *is* a bit worrying.

I can't help wondering if he can be bitten by a vampire, or what happens if you set fire to him. Amusing as it would undoubtedly be, I'm not sure I want to find out.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 November 18, 16:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how many actually bought the pack?? Gosh! It looks like a lot bought it!

Hasn't Maxis proven that they just want our money? For goodness sake --a 'Pack' of items that should have been offered for free to us! Haven't they proven that their personnel are not near as talented as they should be to be working on a game this complex? WHat for the SIms 2 hasn't been filled with bugs? I know, me too, I WAS addicted and I wanted everything that came out--but after Tom's attack on me over at SC2--I am not addicted anymore! Thank goodness! When 'Business' comes out I will actually have the choice to buy or not buy! Smiley

When Will left, he took his team with him. Pretty obvious. I bet when Spore comes out it won;'t be filled with bugs.

Seems to me if you all keep buying any ol' thing Maxis can keep selling any ol' thing, good or bad, they are gonna do it and screw what us Simmers think.

Thank goodness for JM and 2jeffs and Crammyboy and Inge and Carigon and Quaxi and Pinhead and dizzy etc etc. WIthout REAL talent the game would not be what it is for Maxis. They oughta pay these people!

Ok. Ranting over. Sorry for it, just felt it needed to be said.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 November 18, 16:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure not all of us bought it.

Wink
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile