More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:24:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Who's getting the x-mas pack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who's getting the x-mas pack?  (Read 123520 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Who's getting the x-mas pack?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 17, 01:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even so I don't think I'd feel comfortable about accidentally-on-purposely downloading the content.

Precisely why I ordered it. I may end up feeling like a chump, but I'll feel like an honest chump.

I ordered it for the same reason

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 17, 01:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god, so many goody goodies! I feel like I am in Care Bear Land. *vomits*  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 17, 01:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god, so many goody goodies! I feel like I am in Care Bear Land. *vomits*  Grin
bo goody goody here .If I upload a house with the objest in it Im not gonna feel guilty .I am not going to disable my game folders just to make sure its stripped of all CC. since Inever upload sims I dont wory about CC on them. if I get a house with a hack I dont want I take a jaunt through clean installer and remove the hack.but Im not going to waste time running the house for CC. hacks yes CC no   apparently I will have the holiday pack in my hands tommorow as EA shipped it From Little Rock.or at least thats what UPS says about it when I clicked the tracking#
« Last Edit: 2005 November 17, 02:17:32 by Bangelnuts » Logged

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 17, 02:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why, it's even been know to steal office documents!

Which is why we should eat them. Also, they're an excellent source of fiber.
rma
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 17, 11:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that tempted to get it at all. I hear that most of the objects are decorative with makes me go "meh". I'd also have to have it shipped from Europe which would probably make the total cost around $28. That emaciated Santa just down't cut it.

Now, if one of our wonderful modders took the fireworks or sparklers and make them combustiable I'd REALLLY be tempted. BURN THE WHOLE TOWN DOWN! Ok, I'm back to normal now.

P.S: I would love to know what kind of gifts Santa leaves behind.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 17, 15:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doyou add salt and pepper to your office documents before you eat them or do you have a plateful plain?

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 17, 18:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, not mine, I'm afraid. Not unless chronic heartburn is on your list of "jolly things to do before I die"?

I'm not going to buy this. I wish I hadn't bought Uni as it has added very little to the game from my point of view.

Meh...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 17, 18:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, not mine, I'm afraid. Not unless chronic heartburn is on your list of "jolly things to do before I die"?

I'm not going to buy this. I wish I hadn't bought Uni as it has added very little to the game from my point of view.
Uni  is boring I hate to say it the skinny Santa looks more fun than Uni

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 17, 21:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never mind the Xmas pack.  There's a new survey on the official BBS asking how likely we'd be to buy another add-on pack, this time the Shopping pack.  There are actually some suggested things in this I would consider buying it for, however - namely: facial modifications, careers, hairstyles and outfits.   Certainly sounds better than the Xmas pack but asking about it the day that comes out?  Talk about money-grabbing!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 17, 22:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the heads-up on the survey, Ancient Sim; I actually got there quick enough to take it!
It does seem more then a little money-grubbing to be putting out the feelers for what their next "party pack" will be when the first one was just released today. However, I'm always more then happy to give my opinion, I just wish there was an essay question involved. Cheesy

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 17, 22:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded it Tongue I'm a sucker. But I'll be a pissed sucker if it turns out this holiday pack messing with file formats again so people who download my lots on TSR won't be able to use them if they don't have it Angry Has anyone who knows about such things taken a look at it to see if that's the case?

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 17, 23:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded it Tongue I'm a sucker. But I'll be a pissed sucker if it turns out this holiday pack messing with file formats again so people who download my lots on TSR won't be able to use them if they don't have it Angry Has anyone who knows about such things taken a look at it to see if that's the case?

Jen
I am goona have a look see if they can be packaged to share with another person then it shouldnt be a problem if the lot has some or all of objects in it remember the hotrod it showed up on the exchange and in peoples games when they downloaded the lots with it

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2005 November 18, 00:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never mind the Xmas pack.  There's a new survey on the official BBS asking how likely we'd be to buy another add-on pack, this time the Shopping pack.  There are actually some suggested things in this I would consider buying it for, however - namely: facial modifications, careers, hairstyles and outfits.   Certainly sounds better than the Xmas pack but asking about it the day that comes out?  Talk about money-grabbing!

Dangit, I missed the survey! Oh well. These things fill up fast. Or maybe I'm having issues like Motoki was with the previous one? Hrm...

Oh well. If anyone has their X-mas pack already, please post more info about it and let us know if there are any new, significant or interesting interactions or objects that are supposed to be exclusive. That way we can decide if it's worth the trouble. Tongue

Ste

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2005 November 18, 01:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please read the following:
A "Shopping Pack" is a new game idea that is different from our current Expansion Packs:

A Sims 2 Expansion Pack offers a new theme with all-new gameplay, new locations, and over 125 new items.
A Sims 2 Shopping Pack would offer a themed assortment of objects and/or items that you could use in the Sims 2.

The below description is for a Sims 2 Shopping Pack:

Deck out your Sims' homes with all new furniture, décor, flooring and wallpaper options. Select from dozens of new outfits including new hairstyles and clothes. Build out their neighborhood with all new lots and houses, or even choose from a variety of new landscaping items.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Who's getting the x-mas pack?-Backup Copy No longer endorsed
« Reply #64 on: 2005 November 18, 02:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to the bitching and whining I've been getting I've pulled the links off the board for the backups. Sorry I just hate reading bitchy emails.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 19, 10:25:25 by lindaetterlee » Logged

I am 25.

The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 November 18, 02:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Linda! I love the way you think. You GO! Smiley LOL Thank you for your kindness in helpin gall those un PC-friendly people. Smiley LOL

Wow! Look here! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9IIPX68L MegaUpload is a great place! Smiley
« Last Edit: 2005 November 19, 16:57:59 by MutantBunny » Logged
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2005 November 18, 02:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL SO WHERE IS MY DAMN BENE NOW HEHE.

I am 25.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2005 November 18, 03:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*covers eyes* your appreciation is more than enough. lol Its hard trying to announce such a kind deed as offering backup copies to all these legal owners without sounding Illegal *bats eyes*.

I am 25.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 November 18, 04:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, just tried the damned thing and whenever my sim tries to make the Christmas cookies she goes to pull them out of the oven, grabs a plate out of the oven, then a jump and the plate and cookies are gone. POOF!

Santa got pissed about no cookies and left my sims coal.

Now we know the real reason why this Santa is so skinny, the cookies are bugged up and he can't eat them!  Grin

Oh and I see no sign of this supposed "feast" they mentioned, unless they just mean turkey. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 November 18, 04:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A skinny Santa from a stingy Maxis.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2005 November 18, 04:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i got a remote control car. SHEESH

I am 25.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 November 18, 04:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yay remote control car. Nothing like a present for making your game EXPLODE in a BIG FIERY BALL THAT IS VISIBLE FROM SPACE.

I'll take the coal, thanks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 November 18, 04:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's because of the cooking skill of your sim, Motoki?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 November 18, 04:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i got a remote control car. SHEESH
Just what everyone needs right? Grin

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 November 18, 08:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, just tried the damned thing and whenever my sim tries to make the Christmas cookies she goes to pull them out of the oven, grabs a plate out of the oven, then a jump and the plate and cookies are gone. POOF!

Mine can make cookies without problems. But Santa is damn annoying, everyone runs to hug him for some reason. I like Father Time better. At least he explodes.

I found a glitch with the fireworks. The red ones suspended from the ceiling. Don Lothario lit them, got burned, and then got the little flame from the lighter permanently stuck a short distance in front of his hand. This did not go away after several showers, carpool, and a number of other things including a forced reset. I finally deleted him and reloaded the lot, and that fixed it.

Also, the fireworks last for ten seconds. Someone needs to mod that cone thing so that it lasts at least an hour. I wouldn't mind having a permanently lit one for decorative purposes. I bet it would look cool at night clubs as a centerpiece.

Oh, and my very first party ended with the XMas tree blowing up. Did it used to do that? I used it many times before (it's the free one from the Exchange) and it never caught fire until now. Although, I have some fire-modifying hacks, so it's possible one of them prevented it from catching fire. I took all hacks out to install the Pack, just in case.

Fail.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: