More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:15:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Kitchen & Bath Stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kitchen & Bath Stuff  (Read 22262 times)
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Kitchen & Bath Stuff
« on: 2009 February 12, 17:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know where to find the Kitchen & Bath stuff that was added to the store? I'm willing to contribute funds, but I can't download it because I have a mac. Grr....
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Kitchen & Bath Stuff
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 12, 18:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just get the entire stuff pack?  http://thepiratebay.org/search/sims%202%20kitchen/0/99/0

sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 12, 20:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, K&B Stuff Pack isn't available for Mac.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 12, 20:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, even if you are careful and aware you can get viruses that way.  Cry Torrents are always risky business.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 12, 21:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, even if you are careful and aware you can get viruses that way.  Cry Torrents are always risky business.

There's this thing... it's called antivirus.  You can actually SCAN your downloads before opening them up.  Who knew?!

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 13, 22:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops.  I forgot how hard things are for Mac users.  My condolences.

Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 13, 22:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Condolences? It was probably that user's own stupidity that led it to getting a mac.
edited for gender neutrality
« Last Edit: 2009 February 13, 22:49:34 by Fat D » Logged

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 13, 22:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Condolences? It was probably that user's own stupidity that led him to getting a mac.

I offered condolences; I didn't say what they were for.

somnambulist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 February 14, 05:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know where to find the Kitchen & Bath stuff that was added to the store? I'm willing to contribute funds, but I can't download it because I have a mac. Grr....

Do you have an Intel based Mac? If yes, partition using Bootcamp and play in Windows. You'll be much, much happier with the experience.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 February 15, 11:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have an Intel based Mac? If yes, partition using Bootcamp and play in Windows. You'll be much, much happier with the experience.

And I've heard that you can play games for Windows on Mac by using a virtual OS. Am I Correct?
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 February 15, 18:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I've heard that you can play games for Windows on Mac by using a virtual OS. Am I Correct?

Do you mean something like VirtualPC?  If so, I'm pretty sure those aren't intended for gaming.  You CAN, but the results are pretty miserable and slow.  Older games do okay, but usually they're better in DosBox. 
somnambulist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 February 15, 19:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can but the performance hit is significant. Both of the lead commercial virtualization programs support DirectX acceleration, but the performance hit is significant.

Do you mean something like VirtualPC?

VirtualPC on Macs was always emulation, not virtualization. VPC never made it over to Intel Macs as virtualization product, largely because Microsoft bought out the product from Connectix.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 February 15, 21:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's this thing... it's called antivirus.  You can actually SCAN your downloads before opening them up.  Who knew?!

Seriously, you think when I say "careful and aware" it means I wouldn't scan my downloads before opening them?  Roll Eyes I got a virus from a torrent that never even finished downloading, and had I not known enough about my computer and antivirus software I may have had to reformat. I'm just glad my computer still rebooted properly before I discovered my boot.ini had been deleted by said virus, so I could replace it and then run my boot-time scan as intended.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 February 16, 07:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean something like VirtualPC?

VirtualPC on Macs was always emulation, not virtualization. VPC never made it over to Intel Macs as virtualization product, largely because Microsoft bought out the product from Connectix.

Ah, I wasn't familiar with the differences.  Live and learn.  (I also didn't notice that VPC died because... it sucked and I stopped using it. Tongue)

(edited for dangling quote tag.)
« Last Edit: 2009 February 17, 20:57:55 by sudaki » Logged
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 February 17, 14:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it was "stupidity" that led to me getting a mac as so many of you have said. Maybe I'm alone in this, but The Sims 2 isn't the only factor I consider when choosing a computer. I chose a mac because it met all of my needs better than a PC. The ONLY drawback I've experienced is waiting for Sims 2 stuff to get ported. When I started this post I was talking specifically about the Kitchen and Bath objects in The Sims 2 store. I know that the objects from Celebration Stuff from The Sims 2 store work for mac and I was wondering if anyone had had similar luck with the Kitchen and Bath items. I'm not knowledgeable enough to get the objects to work myself. I can live without them, I just thought there might have been some other mac simmers that have gotten them to work.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 February 17, 16:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it was "stupidity" that led to me getting a mac as so many of you have said. Maybe I'm alone in this, but The Sims 2 isn't the only factor I consider when choosing a computer. I chose a mac because it met all of my needs better than a PC. The ONLY drawback I've experienced is waiting for Sims 2 stuff to get ported. When I started this post I was talking specifically about the Kitchen and Bath objects in The Sims 2 store. I know that the objects from Celebration Stuff from The Sims 2 store work for mac and I was wondering if anyone had had similar luck with the Kitchen and Bath items. I'm not knowledgeable enough to get the objects to work myself. I can live without them, I just thought there might have been some other mac simmers that have gotten them to work.

In fact, I like Mac too... This summer, I may be getting a desktop to replace my old one and get one more notebook which will be a Mac!!!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 February 18, 23:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that the objects from Celebration Stuff from The Sims 2 store work for mac and I was wondering if anyone had had similar luck with the Kitchen and Bath items. I'm not knowledgeable enough to get the objects to work myself. I can live without them, I just thought there might have been some other mac simmers that have gotten them to work.

I think the Celebration stuff had mixed results?  I might be mistaken about that; it's been a while since I looked at them.  There's no guarantee that anything you get from the store will work on your mac without modification.

Which objects are you looking for?  I ripped some SP stuff for my mac game.  I don't want to make any promises I can't deliver on, but if I have it or can fetch it easily, you're welcome to it.
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 February 19, 17:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, there was mixed results in regard to the Celebration Stuff working on mac. However, most of it worked for me. The only problem I really had was some of the celebration stuff hairs worked for me and then randomly disappeared for no reason. But anyway, I wasn't really looking for any particular items. I'm just always looking for anything new at this point, since the game can get a little boring without any new items or outfits. Anything new would be greatly appreciated. Smiley
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 February 20, 15:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and I do use some custom content. I just prefer to use the content produced by EA. It makes me feel a little less deprived if I can at least get some of the things PC users have. lol.
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 February 21, 17:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is it with these boards that whenever someone says anything it instantly gets attacked or shunned? I really liked this site because of the respect I saw on the boards, but apparently it doesn't exist anymore. I shouldn't have to justify everything I say. We are all different people and we all have different tastes and opinions. I don't mind if people disagree with me, but it gets ridiculous when you have to keep justifying any small opinion and the main point is forgotten.
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 February 21, 20:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never mind, it's not you. It's the sentiment cultivated at this forum in general.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 February 21, 22:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is it with these boards that whenever someone says anything it instantly gets attacked or shunned? I really liked this site because of the respect I saw on the boards, but apparently it doesn't exist anymore. I shouldn't have to justify everything I say. We are all different people and we all have different tastes and opinions. I don't mind if people disagree with me, but it gets ridiculous when you have to keep justifying any small opinion and the main point is forgotten.
It's standard-issue MATY.  The more you let it get to you and try to justify yourself the more people will pick on you.  Just ignore it and move on.
SimKat
Asinine Airhead

Throws hissy fits.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 March 16, 21:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Kitchen&Bath Stuff sucks theres hardly anything in it worth having anyways.So no love loss.

Don\'t take life too seriously,you don\'t get out alive anyways.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: