More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:20:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why don't CC wedding cakes work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why don't CC wedding cakes work?  (Read 7854 times)
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
Why don't CC wedding cakes work?
« on: 2009 February 11, 08:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not asking anyone to make one.  I'm just wondering why it seems to be so difficult.  I've seen custom birthday cakes that worked, but never a custom wedding cake. Even the Sims Store wedding cakes someone nicely extracted and put up don't seem to work, and I know I'm not the only person who has seen this.  You can put them down, and they will look pretty, but go to cut them and the Sims will jump out of the action. It's been a while since I tried the Pronupsims cakes, but I'm not even sure you can "Clean Up" those.  I think you just have to delete them.

I was curious about why the coding for wedding cakes seems to be so impossible.  I'm assuming it is, because otherwise someone would have made one by now. 

PB

Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Re: Why don't CC wedding cakes work?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 11, 23:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't dealed with these objects. But, as birthday cakes, I believe they are self-referencing objects. Post the error log here and a link to the CC cake, I might be able to help.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 12, 19:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm interested in this, too.  Here's an error log for Pronupsims wedding cake #3.  (The pink one.)  Link is http://www.pronupsims.fr.st/ - under Objects - Cakes.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bonzodog
Blathering Buffoon

ENFP- The Inspirer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 28, 18:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some Pronup Sims cakes work.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 28, 18:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unsurprisingly, a non-Awesome cake made by failtards who run a site infested with spyware cookies turns out to be a lie. Who'd have imagined that?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 28, 21:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unsurprisingly, a non-Awesome cake made by failtards who run a site infested with spyware cookies turns out to be a lie. Who'd have imagined that?

But even the one DL'd from the Celebration Stuff pack and linked to over in Peasantry in the Sims2 Store Stuff for Mac Users thread doesn't work.  I tried it, and the same thing happens with it that happens to the ProNup cakes, where the married couple can't cut it, and no one else can take a slice of it, and it should be the same as the regular CS cake, right?  And the regular CS cake is functional.  Is there a way to Awesome-ize the nonfunctional cakes?

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 01, 00:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, is their name supposed to be parsed "pro-nup" or "pron up"?
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 01, 00:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At a guess, considering they seem to mostly have wedding items, pro-nup, nup as in nuptial.

nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 01, 01:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the Pronupsims cakes worked when they were new.  I vaguely remember one of the EPs breaking them. 
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 21, 06:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with cake 3 from ProNup Sims is that only the cake is in the package, the cake slices are missing. No slices means there is nothing for the sims to get so they jump out of the interaction.

There is a different problem with the celebrations cakes - the fix for the celebrations cakes is here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,14659.0.html
« Last Edit: 2009 March 21, 08:49:02 by Morague » Logged
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 21, 16:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, is their name supposed to be parsed "pro-nup" or "pron up"?

Pronup is derived as a combo of Prom (shortened from Promenade) and Nuptials, hence ProNup

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 April 25, 06:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, necromancy because the topic is 32 days old, I still think it belongs here.

Eris3000 made some CC wedding cakes and put them on MTS2 here. I have playtested them and they appear to work correctly, and they can be set for sale if you use Numenor and Lord Darcy's fixes (though they are really too big for the Decra-Chill).  I hope this is helpful, and I would be very interested to see what actual coders make of these. 

(NB:  I do not have Celebration Stuff, and the cakes do not seem to require it.)

nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 April 26, 06:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, thanks for the heads-up.  Those are wonderful!  I wonder if the no-spoiled-food hack works on them?  They would look wonderful in a bakery.

I also wonder how hard it would be to modify them so they work any time, not just for a short time after the wedding?  I had a double wedding, and had multiple cake cuttings.  I spent so long on it, I passed the time window and they couldn't cut cakes any more.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: