More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:02:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  No Option to Go Jogging
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Option to Go Jogging  (Read 6757 times)
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
No Option to Go Jogging
« on: 2009 February 08, 03:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So after almost a year long hiatus from playing TS2 I started playing again recently; of course I updated all hacks (JM's, TJ's, Insim and a few Inge hacks thrown in for good measure).

I didn't even know that there was a "go jogging" action until one of my sims spun this up as a want. None of my sims have the option to go jogging at all.

Is there a known hack conflict that causes this or some other cause? I searched MATY but didn't find it in any threads that I read.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
theresatv
Asinine Airhead

Transvestite Annoyance

View Profile
Re: No Option to Go Jogging
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 08, 03:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's an option that requires a certain number of "fitness" interest points before its available. How many fitness interest points does the sim in question have?
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 08, 04:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's an option that requires a certain number of "fitness" interest points before its available. How many fitness interest points does the sim in question have?

Hmm, that's a good question (and I don't have an answer for a specific sim), however, none of my sims, not even the very fit ones, have the option to go jogging.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 08, 04:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need at least 3 fitness interest points before the option appears. Check your sim's info under interests. If jogging has been unlocked, it will tell you so. It is possible to be fit without having an interest in fitness, but it's unlikely that many of your sims would have managed it, since almost everything that can make sims fit will also build interest in fitness. It probably is a bad hack though, especially since a sim rolled a want for it. Mine rarely roll a want to do an unlockable unless they've unlocked it or are very close to unlocking it.

Fail.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 08, 04:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click the little flag-like symbol found in "Simology." This will tell you how many hobby enthusiasm points your Sim has in any given area. If you have your Sim work out for a while, it shouldn't take long to gain enough points to be able to to jogging. You'll also want to make sure "nohobbyspam" is in your download folder.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 08, 05:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This want is actually a bug caused by their failure to put a check tree on it, so it can't be fixed. As a result, it can appear despite the fact that it is not possible to do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 08, 07:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, EAxis did it.

I apologize to the imaginary modder whose imaginary mod I called a "bad hack."  Lips sealed

Fail.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 08, 23:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that's a good question (and I don't have an answer for a specific sim), however, none of my sims, not even the very fit ones, have the option to go jogging.

If you want them to go jogging (one of the truly boring things they could do, from the point of view of the player/god) make them macro/hobbinate/fitness for a bit.  Once they gain interest in fitness, you will be notified that they can now do this wonderfully dull thing.  Grin

Tribulatio proxima est
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 February 09, 02:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once they gain interest in fitness, you will be notified that they can now do this wonderfully dull thing.  Grin

Yes! And they will go jogging and return home later with at least half motives in the red and an heathstroke, but you'll be informed that they MET THE POSTMAN (resulting relationship: 5/5). How awesome is this?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 February 09, 05:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once they gain interest in fitness, you will be notified that they can now do this wonderfully dull thing.  Grin

Yes! And they will go jogging and return home later with at least half motives in the red and an heathstroke, but you'll be informed that they MET THE POSTMAN (resulting relationship: 5/5). How awesome is this?

Meh, maybe I don't want it fixed. I dunno, despite the excellent suggestions it still doesn't show up. Oh well.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 February 09, 15:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least if they go on a hike, you have the chance that they will be chased by bees upon return home.  No such luck with jogging.  I have decided to try putting together a huge jogging party - as many sims as the game will allow on my lot (should be about 15).  15 sims in the red and with heatstroke might be fun.

Tribulatio proxima est
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 February 09, 15:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least if they go on a hike, you have the chance that they will be chased by bees upon return home.  No such luck with jogging.  I have decided to try putting together a huge jogging party - as many sims as the game will allow on my lot (should be about 15).  15 sims in the red and with heatstroke might be fun.

I fear for my self-sim.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 February 09, 20:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, maybe I don't want it fixed. I dunno, despite the excellent suggestions it still doesn't show up. Oh well.

Are you sure you're checking hobby enthusiasm for fitness?  There's no such thing as fitness interest and interests don't unlock anything anyway.
It's possible to get a sim very fit through sports, which won't have given them any fitness enthusiasm. <-- therefore no jogging option.

I find it useful to get certain sims out of the house, while the wife makes out with the co-worker she brought home. Cheesy
You only need one sim who's able to do it, then he can drag along others who have no interest in it at all, but inexplicably roll up wants for it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 February 09, 21:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want them to go jogging (one of the truly boring things they could do, from the point of view of the player/god) make them macro/hobbinate/fitness for a bit.  Once they gain interest in fitness, you will be notified that they can now do this wonderfully dull thing.  Grin
Wonderfully dull, energy draining thing. I let Nina Martin do it every morning as she always has the want and that way she needs a nap around the time her best friend's teen son gets home, so I get a few good hours of not being squicked out by her attempts to get it on with him.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 February 09, 22:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderfully dull, energy draining thing. I let Nina Martin do it every morning as she always has the want and that way she needs a nap around the time her best friend's teen son gets home, so I get a few good hours of not being squicked out by her attempts to get it on with him.

That sounds so wonderfully "The Real Housewives of Orange County". Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: