More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:47:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Broken AL social townies as owned business managers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Broken AL social townies as owned business managers  (Read 2383 times)
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Broken AL social townies as owned business managers
« on: 2009 February 09, 14:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run into an odd problem affecting only the AL 'social townies'. I have several of them working as managers of my owned OFB businesses. Everything was fine until I added apt. lots to this hood. Whenever one of these business manager social townies moves into an apt. unit, as an NPC roomie, or as a neighbor, they become demoted as managers and cannot be re-promoted.
They show up to work and do their job correctly, but are not controllable the way managers should be. 'Promote to manager' is available in the management menu, but using it does nothing. When the business owner calls in to check on that business, he is told the business doesn't have a manager, so he can't make a profit if he doesn't go in to the shop that day.

I've noticed that these employed social townie Sims that move into apt. units as neighbors go to work in career uniforms. The one that I had as an NPC roomie had her career job and hours listed in her job panel, but also had the name of the shop she worked in where the vacation days normally show.  She went to work according to the career schedule, not the 9-5 M-F owned business employee schedule. Also, when these owned business social townies appear as candidates to be roomies, it shows their career job, not their job as an employee or manager of an owned business.
The demotion doesn't seem to take effect unless I actually go into the business. For instance, I have a social townie working as a manager of a shop that I haven't played since it reached rank 10. That social townie has moved into an apartment, and he goes to his career job every day dressed as a clown. My business is still able to call into the shop where I have him as a manager, because I haven't played it since he became an apartment tenant. But, I have a social townie who was a manager of a shop I do still play, and right after she moved into an apt as a neighbor, she lost her manager status, and cannot be re-promoted.

I'm not using any non-awesome business mods, I don't think I have tight pants.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Broken AL social townies as owned business managers
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 10, 00:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that the apartment init messes up their stats. You should lay them off and then rehire them to fix the business stats.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Broken AL social townies as owned business managers
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 10, 01:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'll do that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: