More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:14:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  beach lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: beach lots  (Read 6651 times)
Babahara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
beach lots
« on: 2009 February 07, 13:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have BV. But I'm tired of going to vacations, their load times are slowing my comp down to a crawl.

So I wonder if it's possible to install a beach lot in Pleasantview, so that my sims could go there like to any normal community lot, without bothering to go on vacation and having to live in another place. I'd like to install or create a beach lot with all vacation functions enabled, like swimming in sea, combing sand for shells, building sand castles, etc.

Placing empty beach lots doesn't work in Plesantview, though, I figure they can only be placed in a vacation subhood Sad

Is it possible to overcome this limitation?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: beach lots
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 07, 14:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The roads in PV are too far from the beach for beach lots.  You could try some neighbourhood terrain surgery, and replace the PV terrain with a terrain that allows beach lots.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Babahara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 07, 14:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm okay... Now I'll ask the stupid question. If I place a beach lot, how do I make sure that all functions like sand combing are enabled? Or does it happen automatically?
theresatv
Asinine Airhead

Transvestite Annoyance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 07, 14:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Placing empty beach lots doesn't work in Plesantview, though, I figure they can only be placed in a vacation subhood

Is it possible to overcome this limitation?

Another tactic, assuming you have Nightlife or OFB, would to be to attach a downtown/shopping district to Pleasantview that has terrain compatible with beach lots. Bluewater Village does, for instance. However, I advise you to NOT try lot-binning Bon Voyage lots and placing them in other subneighborhoods unless you like hearing your computer make a pretty musical "Glonk" and then crashing to your desktop. New from-scratch beach lots should work fine and I'm pretty sure beach lots in non-vacation neighborhoods support all beach activities. You can build regular full-time residential houses on beach lots that way too.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 07, 15:12:54 by theresatv » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 07, 15:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm okay... Now I'll ask the stupid question. If I place a beach lot, how do I make sure that all functions like sand combing are enabled? Or does it happen automatically?

You can try building a neighbourhood with a beach terrain.  Search MATY on "flat beach terrain" or something.  Sleepycat did a number of nice ones.  If you place your beach lot, all beach functions should be available normally.  Remember, beach lots are just above the water table, so if your house has a basement, it will be full of water.

Also, if you place a normal lot on a beach, it will not automatically turn into a beach lot.  For beach use to be part of the lot, it has to be built as a beach lot.

Tribulatio proxima est
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 08, 08:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yup, I have around 40 terrains and most of them have beaches (flat beaches).
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showforum=89

If you have FT, you can always use the terrain cheat to edit PV. I did and even uploaded the hood for others.
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=691
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 08, 13:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I harassed the creator of FLAT!hoods for this one: Strangel Can Be Flat
I needed a hood terrain that could have flat beach space AND cliffsides for basement type lots.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 08, 15:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strangel, I love that terrain!

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 February 08, 15:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strangel, I love that terrain!
Me, too! xD It's the main for all my hoods.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 February 08, 15:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have to start a new neighbourhood now-I think I'm going to call it Strangel Beach Cheesy

Babahara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 February 09, 23:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's working, thank you guys! I installed some beach lots in Bluewater Village and added a new downtown designed for beach lots. They're huge, though Smiley

If anybody knows how to get smaller ones, it would be great! Those in the game are too all exceptionally big, I never use such big lots.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 February 10, 01:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's working, thank you guys! I installed some beach lots in Bluewater Village and added a new downtown designed for beach lots. They're huge, though Smiley

If anybody knows how to get smaller ones, it would be great! Those in the game are too all exceptionally big, I never use such big lots.

I think you get a choice of sizes don't you?  Anyhow, a lot of the space on a beach lot is, well, the beach, which you can't actually build anything on, so the actual buildable area is smaller than the full lot size.

Tribulatio proxima est
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 February 10, 02:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the LotAdjuster at MTS2 to shrink the beach lots.  Be aware, though, that there really is a minimum depth to the lots.  If I remember correctly, if you remove the first 2 tiles (closest to the road) then the game believes that the entire neighborhood is a beach (in the lot view).  If you remove the first 3 tiles, you are left with an unbuildable lot.  If you remove the last tile (furthest from the road), then you lose the water; 2 tiles and you lose the beach activities and water.

IE, a beach lot consists of 2 buildable tiles, 1 buildable beach tile, 1 unbuildable beach tile with beach activites, and 1 water tile with ocean swimming.

So, I believe that the minimum beach lot is 1 tile wide and 3 deep... 4 deep if you want your neighborhood to look normal from the lot.

Alternatively, you could use Inge's beach portals for non-beach lots to create a non-beach lot which is partly under water and which allows swimming.  You'd lose the beach activities, such as building sandcastles, but you could have a tiny pseudo-beach lot.  There are tutorials around which explain how to get water to flood part of your non-beach lot.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 10, 02:50:33 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 February 14, 11:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a Smaller Beach Lots thread in the Peasantry, with a link to where you can download smaller beach lots made by MutantBunny. I use them without problems.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10456.0.html
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: