More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:27:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lifetime wants for FreeTime?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lifetime wants for FreeTime?  (Read 4271 times)
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Lifetime wants for FreeTime?
« on: 2009 February 09, 19:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of the Freetime careers are showing up as lifetime wants.  I checked with the debugger and cycled through all LTWs for every aspiration and they didn't show up.  Everything else shows up including the Uni careers.    I have all expansions but AL and no stuff packs.  All hacks and mods are updated for FT.  I normally use Squinge's Any LTW for any aspiration but removed that to make sure it wasn't causing the problem.
Babahara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Lifetime wants for FreeTime?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 09, 23:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you should check with the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility? You might be unaware of a conflict, or some other hacks might've been smuggled in with houses and are now conflicting.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 10, 00:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have ltwvariety in your game?  Pescado's ltwvariety limits the LTWs available to a sim based on the sim's interests (among other factors).  It could be that your sim doesn't have enough interest in the right topics for any of the FT LTWs.

Or it may be a hack conflict.  Pescado's uni_ltws_sns does the same as Squinge's Any LTW hack, and you don't need both of them in your game.  Yes, I know you removed Squinge's hack, but there may be other hacks conflicting.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 10, 15:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run the hack conflict detection utility frequently.  No conflicts involving wants. 

I dont have Pescado's ltwvariety nor his uni ltw sys.  And it's not just one sim having this problem. None of them can get the new career ltws.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 10, 15:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try using Pescado's hacks then. It works fine for people using the DC.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 13, 15:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I removed all downloads except for the debugger.  Went into Desiderata Valley.  Found that although all the sims had LTWs for the new careers only the knowledge and fortune sims could cycle back to their original ltw.  Family, popularity and romance did not have any of the new careers as ltw options.  No pleasure sims in that neighborhood. 

Exited game, added Squinge's AnyLTWforallaspirationsEP7 and returned to Desiderata Valley. All sims now had the FT career ltws but did not have the Uni ones.  Gradually returned other hacks to the game until the FT ltws disappeared again.  The culprit was Squinge's uni ltws.

Added Pescado's uni ltws sns and all career options were available.  However using that hack concerns me due to the statement in the rtfm:     " For TS2Seasons+Uni ONLY. Do not use in any other version of the game. Don't even think about trying it."   
    Well, I have more eps than those two. So that worries me. 
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 13, 15:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The RTFM is out of date, as are many of Pescado's RTFMs.  The hack requires Uni for the careers & LTWs, and it requires code that was introduced in Seasons.  Before Seasons, making the uni LTWs available required a bit more than just adding one hack to your downloads folder.

I have all EPs and most SPs, and the hack works fine in my game.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 13, 19:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Kyna, for the reassurance. 

I think the problem with the rtfm is not just being out of date but lacking clarity initially.  Very many of the rtfms have this problem.  What is clear as crystal to Pescado has the opacity of mud for many of us without his brilliant mind.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: