More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:20:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Processor Differences
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Processor Differences  (Read 2127 times)
DarkEmpress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Processor Differences
« on: 2009 February 01, 16:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking to buy a shiny new laptop. I know a desktop would be the smarter option, but I live with my brother, and I don't want him getting within three feet of my new computer. I'm looking for something that will reach or exceed the minimum specs that are out for TS3.

What exactly is the difference between a P4 and a Core 2 Duo? The specs call for a P4 2.4 GHz or greater if you're running Vista, which is what shiny new computers come with these days. Am I going to need a 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor, or could I get the same performance out of something lower, say 2.0 GHz? I understood this processor crap until they started doubling, quadrupling, and hyper threading 'em.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
Re: Processor Differences
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 02, 05:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P4's ancient (according to today) Not recommended for TS3 and vista, core 2 duo's more powerful and is compatible with Vista.

For vista it's best with the 2.4GHz model due to the consumption on power and memory.

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: