More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:14:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09  (Read 163898 times)
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09
« Reply #175 on: 2009 February 27, 01:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

74 Gondola Way - would be harder, but could we still get a good variety?

I have a lot of faith in people's creativity.  We've seen some great lots come out of these threads.  Would people prefer a more difficult lot, for the challenge?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 February 27, 07:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Second submission ... duplex lot... Download Here

First floor apartment: 2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms. Smaller bedroom is not furnished.
Cost per week = $1,406.
Furnished downpayment = $10,077
Unfurnished downpayment = $5,162

Second floor apartment: 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms. Only one bedroom furnished.
Cost per week = $1674
Furnished downpayment = $10,923
Unfurnished downpayment = $6,008

Lot features:
Beautiful landscaping (you might recognize three of the trees)
Elevator access
Kicker-proof trashcan placement
Community garden
Skydeck

And now for the pictures.

Requires all EP. I have H&M, K&B, M&G, and Ikea. Definitely needs M&G to display correctly.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 February 27, 08:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are so very good at the tiny Zazazu. I'm still envious. You also have the knack of making the homes look quite realistic. I'm not so sure about the three storey glasshouse though.

I'd be keen on 74 Gondola Way.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: 2009 February 27, 09:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu's story and lot screenshots make me sigh with pure envy. I just want her game Cheesy Or, she could come round mine and set my game up for me! That'd do nicely.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 February 27, 16:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not so sure about the three storey glasshouse though.
I wanted to keep some of the trees, plus have a few plots for veggie growth. If I'd been able to use hacks, I would have made the garden on the rooftop. I don't know. It just made sense at the time. Plus, it blends the styles of the surrounding lots...where this building is is next to the middle-class single-family homes (mostly European and Craftsman style), in close sight of the Greek Revival styled mayoral manse, and between the boxy and modern library (which will be surrounded by the elementary and high schools) and Temple of the Oversoul, yet at the end of what will be an aisle of commercial lots.

Zazazu's story and lot screenshots make me sigh with pure envy. I just want her game Cheesy Or, she could come round mine and set my game up for me! That'd do nicely.
Lecherous cougars, entire families abducted by aliens, and marrying additional spouses just for money seems to be the theme lately. Nevermind being blocked from your life's goal of being a Business Tycoon because the Oversoul has decreed you will be a Scatmaster, and you will like it. But, with all the crud they are subjected to, they get a beautiful neighborhood and now cheap college educations. You can't complain too much when you're made out of tasty pixels.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 February 27, 16:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the communal vegetable plot reset every time you switch familes?  Just curious about how that works.

Lovely lot, btw.  Makes me wish I had M&G and Ikea.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 February 27, 16:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the communal vegetable plot reset every time you switch familes?  Just curious about how that works.
The communal area is cloned from the base template the moment the subunit is formed, and never resyncs, so it will continually decay or be defiled by visiting sims, but none of the changes and defilements will stay if you switch to another apartment in the same building.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 February 27, 16:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The communal area is cloned from the base template the moment the subunit is formed, and never resyncs, so it will continually decay or be defiled by visiting sims, but none of the changes and defilements will stay if you switch to another apartment in the same building.

That seemed to be the logical thing, but I wasn't sure.  Thanks, Oh Most Wise.  (Not to be confused with Thanks, this is great!)

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009 February 27, 18:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That works. It would hardly be fair for whomever I end up moving into the upper apartment to be snagging all Dayuma's crappy tomatoes.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
tryclyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 February 27, 19:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started several versions this month and so far only two work the way that I had hoped.  This is my first conversion to a community lot so if I have missed some thing please say so.

10 Oak Street is now a hangout and maybe "hook-up" place.

Basement

Shop

Attic

More pics in slide show  http://tinyurl.com/cwp54e
  I have all EP/SP and most of the Store Stuff (don't think that I used any, though).
  File attached.

* Oak Street-Community -tryclyn.7z (594.47 KB - downloaded 487 times.)

Then cat rang his own bell.  I ate food.
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 February 27, 21:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@witch: That side view is great, with the tall windows and the pale brick insert above the door. I like the way there are touches of rust colour throughout, to heighten the icy blues. What I like best, though, is the way that sleek modern dining room gives onto a riot of flowers. It's a fine contrast to the calm and balance of the rest of the house.

I didn't know you could integrate balconies into the roofing. It's very understated.

@tryclyn: I love that electric blue. Not sure how long you could play it without serious damage to the retina, but it does look good. I'm not keen on the dome - but then, I don't think I've ever seen a dome in Sims that looks right to me, so maybe I'm just not into domes.

I did makeover 74 Gondola Way once, for my bloated plutocrat family. I was never very happy with it, so it would be good to have another crack at it. It'd be nice to have a lot with space to swing a cat round, after these little poky ones.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 28, 16:39:43 by jim » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 February 27, 21:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jim. A huge part of the challenge for me is trying to do something tasteful with the EAxis stuff. Well, tasteful to me anyway.  Grin There isn't actually a door into the garden, though it would be easy enough to install one. What happened was, there were no matching H&M one-storey windows to match the two-storey ones. I had already committed that room to being five squares across, so I had to find another window to slot in there. So then I added the brick insert and it became a feature, not a bug.

ETA: Oh, and as for the balconies, I just put down floor tiles on the whole room sized piece, then fenced off what I wanted for the balcony and manually roofed the leftover. I can't remember what angle I put it on, but I tried to match the angle of the top roof if it were to come right down. I thought it was quite an effective look and I'll probably use it again. I was trying to avoid a too-blocky look over all.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 27, 21:48:14 by witch » Logged

tryclyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 February 28, 10:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My second entry is a residential lot. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, indoor pool, fishing pond, sheltered hot tub, and access to personal areas are lockable.

The Front

The Back

The Basement

The First floor

The Second floor

Unfurnished  ~33,000
  Furnished    ~112,000

Download   http://tinyurl.com/bzmevs
  I have all EP/SP installed.

Slideshow  http://tinyurl.com/cs8zl5

Then cat rang his own bell.  I ate food.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009 February 28, 11:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a lovely looking house. I particularly like the exterior red and white and the way you have the roofs over the verandah.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 February 28, 13:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once fixed up 74 Ganola way. It is even more dreadful on the inside.

I think the original Newbies house is in Bluewater. I think it has a different exterior color scheme, but is the same house.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 February 28, 15:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my count of the votes so far:

25 Toboggan Way
- Mootilda
- CatOfEvilGenius

74 Gondola Way
- witch
- jim

146 Pebble Drive
- Emma

407 Edgewater Parkway
- Giggy

No clear winner at this time, but it's the end of the month, so we should decide.  If people want me to make a flat-edged version, I just need a bit of time.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 February 28, 16:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote 74 Gandola way as well. It's a good challenge.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 February 28, 16:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

25 Toboggan Way gets my vote.

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 February 28, 18:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully "today" is still the 28th by MATY time. I've reworked the house completely into a fairly upmarket one bedroom  property with guest annexe, swimming pool, sauna and barbecue area.

Front:

Front at night:

Rear:

Ground Floor:

Middle Floor (you'll have to imagine the sofa... I forgot to bar pets and a passing stray came in during testing and trashed it).

Top Floor:

Download it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zmyy2dzjjwy

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 February 28, 18:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, apparently it's March 1 "here" in Malaysia, but your house is too nice to miss out on.  I might needz this one.

Tribulatio proxima est
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: 2009 February 28, 21:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I think that entries are still 'valid' until the next thread is posted. Also, this one wasn't posted until a week into February, the shortest month.

But honestly, it's not really a competition as such, there's no deadline.

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 February 28, 21:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll change my vote to 74 Gondola Way because it needs it more.

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 February 28, 23:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll do anything, as long as it has interesting restrictions. 

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009 February 28, 23:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the vote is for 74 Gondola Way.

Any ideas on good restrictions?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009 February 28, 23:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

74 Gondola Way
Exterior walls are unmoveable, as always, maybe keep the swimming pool? Or the verandah upstairs? - the big square one at the back, I mean.

On the plus side, the lot looks level to start with.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: