More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 18:00:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Game freezes on Woohoo
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game freezes on Woohoo  (Read 4053 times)
akatarli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Game freezes on Woohoo
« on: 2009 February 01, 15:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On one of my lots, I am unable to have my sims woohoo. They get in bed and do all that fine, but once they start to do the "jump under covers" thing, the game freezes up and I have to use end task to quit the game. This is only happening on one lot, all the others work fine. It started right after I installed "Free Time." The particular lot had been having a lot of problems with getting stuck bills and the like. I tried moving the family to another lot, and it still happened. Attempting it in debug mode did not throw an error. I removed my downloads and it worked fine, so I know it's something from there. I have a lot of downloads and I was hoping maybe someone could suggest a place to start trying to pinpoint where the problem is coming from. Thank you.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Game freezes on Woohoo
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 01, 15:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do a binary search.  The information on how to do that is in the technical help section of our FAQ.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 01, 18:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your best bet is to do a full binary search (they are annoying and time-consuming, but they do usually pinpoint your problem).  My guess would be that you have some hack or hacks related to WooHoo (have InTeen by chance?) that are either conflicting with other hacks or simply not updated to Free Time.  However, it could be the most obscure thing that you would never immagine could have any affect on WooHoo.

By the way, I am totally non-awesome and know pretty much nothing about hacks and game code and such.  All I know is that I have had to do a few binary searches myself, and sometimes the results make sense and other times I am completely befuddled by the result.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
akatarli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 02, 03:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I narrowed it down to two folders of clothes. Neither character was wearing clothes out of those two folders (I'm pretty sure), all said clothes work in body shop. Any thoughts? I'm not so overly attached to them that I would mind keeping them out of my game, but it seems odd that that would affect anything.
theresatv
Asinine Airhead

Transvestite Annoyance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 02, 03:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use the default settings for woohoo (they change into underwear while doing the deed) it might be someone's underwear, and you might have forgotten they're wearing it.
Maygus
Asinine Airhead

INTP: the world exists to be observed

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 04, 16:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the problem cannot be traced to custom content, disable the Picture In Picture Window and see if that makes a difference.

Game config: Mac version, first 6 EPs (Uni thru BV), Aspyr combo patch, no SPs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: