More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:00:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  Galactic Adventures EP - new sneak peak video
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Galactic Adventures EP - new sneak peak video  (Read 9040 times)
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
Galactic Adventures EP - new sneak peak video
« on: 2009 January 30, 16:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take a look at this video.  Hopefully the link worksL

http://www.spore.com/what/screensmovies#pc/v16?sourceid=ea2998

The new Galactic Adventures actually looks pretty cool, and this may help redeem Spore.  Unlike EA, Maxis is listening to customers like they did with Sims 1.  In the new EP, you can beam down to planets and play in "creature mode".  You have different abilities that remind me of a MMORPG which you can use against enemies.  Any allies that are with you also beam down as "team members".  There are tons of Maxis adventures, plus you can make your own and download other's adventures.

Looks awesome and much more innovative and impressive than Sims 3.  I won't be buying it on day 1, however.  I'll wait to see what form of DRM they bundle with it and find a patch or ARRR version.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 31, 01:41:01 by MrMugg » Logged
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
Re: Galactic Adventures EP - new sneak peak video
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 30, 16:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, MrFail, the link goes to a .jpeg of the play video button. Try again.

MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 30, 17:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the moment, I can't.  I'm at work, and the link is blocked which is total FAIL.  I watched the video at home before I came in.  It's on the main website for Spore.

Try this:  http://www.spore.com/what/screensmovies

This is the website that states is blocked.  I hate "websense".  Is there anyway around it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 30, 17:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Proxies? Can you pull up random other ports? Maybe HTTPS? You can tunnel through HTTPS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 31, 13:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to update the link.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 03, 23:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like it may make up for some of the missing aspects of the game. May being the operative word.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 04, 00:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, this is what Spore should have had from the very beginning. Once you've visited a few planets, space is not that interesting. Creature is by far my favourite...

I wonder if space creatures can 'evolve' when they visit planets as creatures? That'd be kind of neat, considering all the new parts. I might acquire the parts pack at the same time as the EP.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 04, 16:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My biggest problem with this EP is that it seems to be all pre-programmed and self-contained mission events.  I would much rather see an integrated system where things happen as a result of other circumstances.

Of course what I want is probably not possible in this game anyway, but the space stage should have some heavy galactic RTS going on.  I'm still mad that I can't build fleets.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 February 04, 19:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This EP is a start to redemption, but they still have a long way to go.  I'm thinking bigger fleets will be part of another expansion.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 February 04, 20:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be happy just being able to fill my existing ally slots with my own vessels. You can fill your creature pack with your own creatures, after all.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 February 12, 04:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course what I want is probably not possible in this game anyway, but the space stage should have some heavy galactic RTS going on.  I'm still mad that I can't build fleets.
They should have based the Space stage on something like Homeworld instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 February 13, 00:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like they pulled a "Sims 3" on this expansion.  They've pushed back the release date from March to May.  Probably to create "awareness" or some bull like that.  Unlike EA's team on Sims 3, I actually believe Maxis will try to squeeze more into the expansion before it's released.  One thing I read is that they are going to try to get "driveable" vehicles in the expansion.  That would be cool.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 February 14, 00:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reminds me of SimCity 4 Rush Hour.

What I really want, is more options in creature stage. I have a list of ideas below:

I want subgroups for creatures, in which all parts have a creature category built in. The category which contains the biggest fraction of pieces on your creature, determines it's category.

For example, if you have a creature with a beak, wings, and feathers it is a Bird, but if it also has insect legs, antenna, partitioned eyes, and an insect mouth it would be an insect.
The ratio of insect to bird pieces would be 4:3, and so it would get abilities, and AI of an insect.

Mammals:
The default as is currently in spore. It has no abilities, because it's just a filler for already made creatures. Also what you get right out of cell stage.

Bird:
They have very cautious AI, and will flee if approached quickly or if it has a negative relationship it will hiss with it's mouth open. With positive relationship it will bob its head It also is very impressed by song. It's movement on the ground is a waddle, like most birds.
-It has an increased speed.
-If it has wings, it gets a highly increased flight time.
-It gains a new interaction where it can preen another of it's kind (This will be done autonomously by the uncontrolled birds, including your kind.)
-It can intimidate other creatures by looking tall.
The negative is it has decreased food bar, as in it needs food more often.

Insect:
If approached they will swarm around your creature, and if it it has a negative relationship, it will attack. It is harder to impress (because of it's lack of intelligence.) It's movement is extremely swift, and barely visible.
-It has a very increased speed (barely visible,) but only for short bursts, so it's fast but stops for a second often.
-If it has antenna, it will get a special scent trail vision, which can show secret stashes of food, and other goodies.
-It gains an interaction, which allows it to make a trap which will lure nearby prey.
-It intimidates creatures through it's piercing shriek.
The bad side is it gains brain size slower, and is easily confused (it stops and looks confused for a couple seconds while chasing something.)

Reptiles:
They are very easily disturbed, and will start to notice you once you can see them, and if it has a negative relationship it will lunge. It is impressed by dance. It moves normally, but has fast reflexes if attacked.
-It has a decreased wait time for attacks.
-They get heat vision, which will show pockets of heat which will be important.
-It gains the interaction to swallow eggs, and insects whole which fills the food bar.
-It intimidates creatures by changing color to red.
The bad side is it needs heat to survive, and has a heat meter which gradually decreases.

Fish:
They are special in that they are found only underwater. They are fast
-It can avoid the giant monster when at the surface.
-It's food bar moves very slowly.
-It can swim
-It unlocks a type of nest/village/city.
-It can go home nearly instantly through the super swim ability.
The bad side is they have very limited time on land, and need to catch air bubbles to live.

I also want more nest options. You choose them at the end of cell stage (except for bubble nests which are chosen if you become a fish.)

Land Nest:
What you see in the game currently.

Underground:
A hole in the ground
In Tribal each hole you place is labeled with signs showing what they are.
In Civ, and Space they are the same as Tribal, only labeled residential, industrial, or venue. It also has a wall around it.
Unfortunately, this means you cannot customize it.

Tree Nest:
A tree with a nest on it, which can be reached by climbing or flying up to it
In Tribal it becomes like a treehouse with the building slots on wooden structures on the tree linked together by bridges.
In Civ, and Space it becomes an archology with the buildings in the bubble on top. They may also make planes right away.

Bubble Nest:
Unlocked by becoming a fish.
In tribal it is agroup of caves with seaweed, coral, and signs showing everything.
In Civ, and Space it is pretty much the same as on land, unless you build a colony on land in which you get a bubble. As an added bonus instead of ships, they get submarines.

I really wish this was an actual expansion, anyways these are my ideas.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: