More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 02:33:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Do MATY mods work for Sims 2: Double Deluxe?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Do MATY mods work for Sims 2: Double Deluxe?  (Read 6588 times)
ambelgra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Do MATY mods work for Sims 2: Double Deluxe?
« on: 2009 January 27, 21:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I really get into the gist of my question, you must deal with my ridiculous sob story. The short version: I had the discs for Sims 2, Uni, NL, and OFB all in one box at home. Came home from college for one of those silly vacations and in my mom's clutter filled abyss she calls home, it disappeared. I'm sure I'll find it one day when futuristic comps don't support Directx10.

So, I ended up SETTLING for Sims 2 Double Deluxe as a replacement. But my favorite mod, the Romance Mod, seems not to work. In other words, I've got Romance Sims b!tching and moaning when they see their "lovers" with other people. HELLO?! They're not supposed to give a crap unless they're engaged or married. Also, none of the other additions that seemed so inviting work: Sims not freaking out over old Dream Date bouquets, Sims not falling in love at the drop of a hat and other annoying things that tend to easily ruin Sim relationships.

Right now, I have the base game and NL installed (like the Double Deluxe was intended). I figured I should just get the mods from MATY's NL folder. Should I be looking elsewhere or is Double Deluxe a whole new animal?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Do MATY mods work for Sims 2: Double Deluxe?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 27, 22:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should get the mods from OFB folder, not from NL folder.

Deluxe = Base Game + NL
Double Deluxe = Base Game + NL + Celebration Stuff Pack

Celebration Stuff Pack is based on OFB engine, so it will override the NL executable.

ambelgra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Do MATY mods work for Sims 2: Double Deluxe?
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 28, 01:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

::GASP:: another Sims 2 tidbit! I'm so happy there are people out there who like to disect their computer games like me. Thanx!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: