More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:04:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Borked Toddler Skill Notification
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Borked Toddler Skill Notification  (Read 3740 times)
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Borked Toddler Skill Notification
« on: 2009 February 13, 14:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was pointed out to me about a week ago that when a toddler sings a nursery rhyme and gains a charisma skill point the game incorrectly notifies the player that they have gained a body point from working out.

When they are being taught the nursery rhyme the notification correctly states they have earned charisma from learning a nursery rhyme.

After looking through the files in SimPE I found that the correct text (Sim has gained a point of Charisma from singing a nursery rhyme) does exist and is entered correctly for Enlgish (UK) which is the installation I play with. I found the BHAV and had a look only to find that although it does point to the correct text it also points to the body skill text first. I tried to alter this but knowing nothing about BHAVs it did nothing and I was still told the toddler had gained a body point when it was the charisma that went up.

Attached is the BHAV that I believe to be causing the problem.

* ToddlerBHAV.zip (0.31 KB - downloaded 157 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 February 13, 14:52:11 by Menaceman » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Borked Toddler Skill Notification
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 14, 02:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen this happen. It must be something non-Awesome you did.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Budcot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 14, 12:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the body point notification as well but I assumed it was messed up because I had the toddler mirror that builds body skill.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 14, 16:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The culprit is not BHAV, but a mistranslated PersonGlobal stringset. This bug happens in all languages except for US English. UK English is affected as well.

I fixed this bug in my Pie Menu Text Strings Fix. Be aware that my fix will conflict with other hacks which also modify PersonGlobal strings, notably Kitten Killer.

US English players are blissfully unaware of numerous broken pie menus plagued with redundant functions and inconsistent translations.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 14, 20:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Darcy. I've just downloaded. I was aware of your pie menu corrections but the last time I saw the thread they didn't seem to apply to me. I can also go and alert the person who contacted me that there is in fact a fix.
Budcot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 15, 12:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ta, it didn't occur to me to check the fixes because I just assumed (stupidly) that the UK version would be the same as the US version since the words have the US 'or' rather than the UK 'our' in words like neighbourhood.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: