More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 12:45:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Creating new townies, dormies, etc.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Creating new townies, dormies, etc.  (Read 10210 times)
bellenoire
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Creating new townies, dormies, etc.
« on: 2009 February 26, 19:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few questions regarding Jordi's tutorial and since the topic hasn't been posted in in a while I thought I would make a new thread . . .

1) When making townies and editing them in SimPE, I know I can give them new jobs, etc., but can I also make them college grads, etc.?

2) When making new dormies  and editing them in SimPE, can I give them majors, etc.?

Thanks!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Creating new townies, dormies, etc.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 26, 19:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) When making townies and editing them in SimPE, I know I can give them new jobs, etc., but can I also make them college grads, etc.?

I'm not sure how to do it in SimPE but you could always summon your townies and update them with the bat box. You may also need to initialize your townies before you give them new jobs/skills/etc. in order to make your changes stick.

2) When making new dormies  and editing them in SimPE, can I give them majors, etc.?

I tried to do this the other day and once they started moving into the dorm, they all reverted back to undeclared majors. I don't know if it's a case of them not being properly initialized yet or what, but I am going to try again when my next generation goes to uni.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 26, 23:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to do this the other day and once they started moving into the dorm, they all reverted back to undeclared majors. I don't know if it's a case of them not being properly initialized yet or what, but I am going to try again when my next generation goes to uni.
i did that once with a new 'hood. i figured them reverting back was sort of akin to the memory loss when you move in a townie. that way you get the full college experience. do they lose their memories when they move in?

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 27, 00:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I was a little confused as to why the majors I assigned reverted back to undeclared - all their memories, skill points, and personalities that I had given them were still intact. I made sure to initialize all of my NPCs and townies so all of the changes I made would stick.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
bellenoire
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 27, 00:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info . . . I think I will try to edit their majors in SimPE and see what happens . . .
ItMustBeBunnies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 27, 14:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a stupid question, but what is SimPE and how do you use it? Obviously not expecting detailed instructions, just a general idea.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 27, 15:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is SimPE. It's used for modifying Sims and neighborhoods and creating custom content, among other things. AFAIK it cannot be used on a Mac.

aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 01, 06:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh yeah. so that you don't make the same friggin' mistake i did. the game generates them in the same order you make them i think. i made 8 boys, then girls, then boys and another set of girls. that's pretty much what my dorms looked like, all boys. i ended up killing off a bunch of males to bring in some diversity.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 01, 06:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeffs has a dormie gender controller available here.

bellenoire
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 06, 20:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK the dormie gender controller and Pes' nodormieregen conflict with each other. I didn't have dormies at my dorm until I removed the former.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 06, 21:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use both without problems. Make sure the gender controller loads after the noregen.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: